• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC) |OT| A Warrior's Death

RM8

Rain/Skarlet/Kenshi have one alternate.... in the vita version only.
Ah, I see. Oh well, I don't play as any of them anyway :p

BTW guys I ask again - anyone else have issues with the diagonals on the d-pad? The game doesn't detect them at all for me! I can't jump backward or forward... it's crappy having to use the stick instead for a fighting game :(

Dereck

Uninteresting fact

Mortal Kombat is the first non-arcade MK game to be ported to the PC since Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

Salsa

je2P9pZdtQhYk.png

why would you fight during that time of the month

impact

Banned
My guess is it will get patch like once or twice (or not at all) and if its still buggy after that then thats it. I'm just going by WB support for other games.

That's probably going to be the case :/

To even play this I have to delete the dxdiag file every time I boot up and force it to read only, and even then I'm forced to use my laptops intel 4000 instead of my nvidia GPU so I have to play 720p everything off to get 60. In contrast to running DmC at 1600x900 everything on high at 60fps, I'm definitely not happy with my purchase to say the least. Crashing once every 1-5 matches played online too. We need to let Boon know about this shit and I've already done my part (twice) on twitter.

dreamfall

I think I need to find a stick or something. I can't seem to pull off any of the directional inputs for combos with any consistency with the 360 pad.

I mean I'm not great, but it feels a bit like a struggle.

I think I need to find a stick or something. I can't seem to pull off any of the directional inputs for combos with any consistency with the 360 pad.

I mean I'm not great, but it feels a bit like a struggle.

The 360 pad in the windows port of the game has messed up deadzones.

synce

Anyone working on trainers or cheat engine stuff? I see there's already a trainer by lingon but it's obviously a trojan or some shit

Interfectum

Loving this game so far the only issue I have is the damn cinema scene compression. Boon didn't have any good HD version of the cinemas sitting on an HDD anywhere? Sloppy.

game feels a bit laggier than xbox version for me. Mybe it's the Antialiasing? I have to try it without Any AA.

What rig do you have and which settings are you running at? I run it maxed out on this rig at 1440x900p with no issues at all with the exception of laggy online multiplayer. It runs smooth as butter offline. I'm running Adaptive V-sync as well since there is no v-sync option in game.

AMD FX6100 6 core 3.3Ghz
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB

zainetor

Banned
What rig do you have and which settings are you running at? I run it maxed out on this rig at 1440x900p with no issues at all with the exception of laggy online multiplayer. It runs smooth as butter offline. I'm running Adaptive V-sync as well since there is no v-sync option in game.

AMD FX6100 6 core 3.3Ghz
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB

fx8350
and 7950 everything maxed, except the shadows are -1. I can clearly remember that 360 versione felt a little more respnsive. I'll try to disable the AA later.

Dantard

Neo Member
That's probably going to be the case :/

To even play this I have to delete the dxdiag file every time I boot up and force it to read only, and even then I'm forced to use my laptops intel 4000 instead of my nvidia GPU so I have to play 720p everything off to get 60. In contrast to running DmC at 1600x900 everything on high at 60fps, I'm definitely not happy with my purchase to say the least. Crashing once every 1-5 matches played online too. We need to let Boon know about this shit and I've already done my part (twice) on twitter.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROBLEM: (I came up with it after seeing some posts with the dxdiag.txt set to 1024 trick on steam forums, like you probably did)

Ohhh I had the same problem with my laptop only recognizing my Intel integrated card instead of my Geforce GT525M. Here's a rundown of what I did:

The problem is that the game uses the Directx Diagnostic to figure out what card you have and on double cards the tool only recognizes the integrated one (you can see it for yourself by typing "dxdiag" into start -> run)

Now, here's the thing, you can put all your card's specifications into the game's dxdiag.txt file (it's located into User/AppData/Roaming/MKKE for others that see this and don't know) instead of the integrated specifications that appear and it will work fine! (I set the file to read-only to make sure)

Now, here's the sorta tricky part: how do you figure all those complicated parts of the specification? (dll files used, deinterlace caps etc.)

Here's my trick: having used the laptop connected to a TV or second monitor, even when you unplug it, you can right-click your desktop and choose to change resolution, THEN IS THE TRICK, it should show other monitors, "activate" them all by clicking them and choosing "extend desktop to this display"

Now, go to dxdiag tool again and you'll see the various displays, one of them will have been assigned you real non-intel GPU, now choose "save all information" and you'll have a new dxdiag.txt. Now, copy the information from you card into the appropriate places in the MKKE directory's dxdiag.txt (don't just copy the file!) AND DONE! Game should run with your card! Woot! Hope this works for you as it did for me!

PhaZZe

Banned
i need help guys, always i try to play online is the same

"The game session is no longer available"

I check firewall and its ok. Any ideas?

Judging by the amount of people online it's looking closer to no patch.

Well, the all time peak of the game is 5,200 players. Just for comparison, Far Cry 3's all-time peak is 20k. Modern Warfare 3's peak is 56,000.

So I'm thinking it sold pretty well... I could be imagining things but didn't Far Cry 3 sell close to a million copies on PC? And I'm sure MW3 sold at least 2-3 million.

So using some rough (speculative and not really accurate) math, MK9 sold over 10k quite easily (which I'm guesstimating is the break even point for this port), probably many times over. This probably sold more than the Arcade Kollection, and that got a patch.

Hopefully they slash the price to $15 when the Summer sale comes so it sells even more. Would guarantee an Injustice port.

antitrop

So can you play this game in windowed mode? I couldn't find the setting.

Using F.lux makes playing full screen unbearable.
It seems like the game is always running in Windowed Fullscreen mode. It would be nice to be able to choose between the three...

deleted

I tried using my Classic Controller Pro with the game and while it's being recognized right away, I can't use diagonal inputs on the digi-pad (analog works) for jumping.

I've seen other people with similar problems, but no solutions for now - is there anything I can do about it? CC feels great for the game.

RM8

I tried using my Classic Controller Pro with the game and while it's being recognized right away, I can't use diagonal inputs on the digi-pad (analog works) for jumping.

I've seen other people with similar problems, but no solutions for now - is there anything I can do about it? CC feels great for the game.
Yeah, sucks :(

What kind of game has issues with diagonal inputs anyway? I had never seen this issue before.

impact

Banned
Well, the all time peak of the game is 5,200 players. Just for comparison, Far Cry 3's all-time peak is 20k. Modern Warfare 3's peak is 56,000.

So I'm thinking it sold pretty well... I could be imagining things but didn't Far Cry 3 sell close to a million copies on PC? And I'm sure MW3 sold at least 2-3 million.

So using some rough (speculative and not really accurate) math, MK9 sold over 10k quite easily (which I'm guesstimating is the break even point for this port), probably many times over. This probably sold more than the Arcade Kollection, and that got a patch.

Hopefully they slash the price to $15 when the Summer sale comes so it sells even more. Would guarantee an Injustice port.
I've not seen more than 20 people in all the lobbies total at any time. I imagine this is what it feels like playing an online game on Wii U.

catabarez

I've not seen more than 20 people in all the lobbies total at any time. I imagine this is what it feels like playing an online game on Wii U.

That still doesn't change the fact that a good amount of people bought the game. I hope Injustice will be in the works soon.

red731

Is it just me and my noobiness in this or does the xbox gamepad totaly suck ass in this game?

When I want to perform something, the d-pad just does what it wants! If I plug DS3 into USB and connect it, will it be rocognized? If it need motionjoy then I have only xbox gamepad and keybord. Fu motionjoy.

Well, the demographic buying the game now are probably people who want to experience the game offline either with story mode and/or challenge tower. And i'm sure as people finish the story mode they'll start playing the online stuff. But yeah, hopefully WB cuts the price during the summer sale so that more people are playing online.

Top Bottom