• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: National Tournament | Las Vegas, Nevada | May 14 - May 15, 2011

Dahbomb

MoFuzz said:
What's up with no finishing moves? Is that frowned upon in tourney play?
It just wastes a lot of time in between matches especially if it's something like a 2 out of 3 and you do it after every win.

Slamtastic said:
I know. They know. There will be full patch to fix it. Among the other large issues noted since release.
They also really need to add a revision number to the main menu so you know what version you're playing.

Khezu

enzo_gt said:
Wow, needing to stay online to keep the patch applied is incredibly stupid. I know you can deliver live tweaks to your game in various games but if they don't save to your system, that's a broken system in itself. :/

They said there working on fixing it, right now it only effects the 360 version for some reason.

Hex

Banned
MoFuzz said:
What's up with no finishing moves? Is that frowned upon in tourney play?

It is generally thought of as an ass move because everyone has seen them already and they just drag things out when people just want to get to the next round.
The babality thing was pretty poor and it was pretty blatant that he had been trying for it the entire time.
Especially stupid in the pool eliminations

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slamtastic said:
I know. They know. There will be full patch to fix it. Among the other large issues noted since release.

Good to hear. This game doesn't appear to handle corners very well, from not visually identifying corners of the screen very well, to what just happened on the stream: Cage and Reptile just phased into eachother in the corner and switched spots mid combo. Has been acknowledged or have they said they'd address that?

MrDaravon

The random asshole yelling in the background is hilarious.

*Johnny pulls out another pair of glasses*

"HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THOSE COME FROM??"

Raxus

Chamber said:
Oh yeah. The commentary was talking about the non-use of ice clones which threw me off.

Yeah but some of these guys are just letting the time run out which wastes more time.
Ice clones are more to discourage jumping or do a mix things up mid air. But it really doesn't do much good to hide behind it since characters will teleport, projectile (which you can punish with slide in some cases), or just wait it out.

I want to play Cyrax, but I'm salty about his alternate costume being worse gameplay wise.

Hope they fix, then I'll surely rock him.

Chamber said:
That looked like a 70% combo. Nerf Cyrax.

Dude he was playing didn't know what he was doing, I wasn't paying attention but if Joe was using command grabs, you can escape those. Also, they did nerf some of Cyrax's stuff in the latest patch (which they don't have)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Slamtastic said:
I want to play Cyrax, but I'm salty about his alternate costume being worse gameplay wise.

Hope they fix, then I'll surely rock him.
For real? What's worse about him?

And I was kidding about nerfing Cyrax.

Khezu

Chamber said:
For real? What's worse about him?

And I was kidding about nerfing Cyrax.

In human form his bombs come out slightly slower making the bomb trap not work, he has faster teleports, but the bomb trap is just way to good to pick human cyrax.

Anyanka

Professor Beef said:
I'm liking the tournament so far, but the lack of people concerns me.

Don't be. 180 people is ok considering there was relatively short notice, everyone is saving up for another trip to Vegas in two months, and you have to use the PDP stick.

paul187

This hype guy reminds of that insanely hype commentator from the East Coast. I was looking through youtube for the clip, but I couldn't find any. Those two guys should commentate together.

paul187 said:
This hype guy reminds of that insanely hype commentator from the East Coast. I was looking through youtube for the clip, but I couldn't find any. Those two guys should commentate together.
Yipes

paul187

Slamtastic said:

No it was this dude who only did a couple of tournaments or maybe just that one. Dude was extremely hype and loud. EX GREEN HAND! SONIC BOOM! I think it was for Vanilla SFIV.

Top Bottom