• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Rock said:
Wat - is this the first time anything classified as dubstep has been officially used in a game or am I behind the times? 9th Wonder and Skrillex on their official soundtrack, ridiculous.

Why does it always take an MK game to have overtly aggressive tracks that live up to the visual tone & speed in their products? BILE, KMFDM, Orbital & Napalm Death track on their '95 Motion Soundtrack release is testament enough to this intensity and diversity. Fucking FPS games need to ditch this constipated Hans Zimmer orchestral shit and get with the totally loaded times, take a lesson.

OP gets a golf clap indeed, superb.

Word. I say it's high time for fighting games to take back the top spot from fps shit and become the premier genre of video games again.

I always loved that MK actually had a pretty cool storyline and each charecter has backstory unlike that other game where the main villian is named after Mike Tyson and the charecters are based off whatever childrens anime series the developers were into at the time.

JdFoX187

Banned
Was watching the challenge tower and some of those look really cool. Hadn't paid that much attention to that during the pre-release media, but it's something I think I'll sink a lot of time into.

JdFoX187 said:
Was watching the challenge tower and some of those look really cool. Hadn't paid that much attention to that during the pre-release media, but it's something I think I'll sink a lot of time into.
check post #495

I'm geeking out so hard seeing the start of story mode. I had to stop. Need to save this for April 19.

Another fuck yeah for Noob Saibot having the blue Sub-Zero look. I hope thats Noob's alt and not younger Sub's alt.

fernoca

And added a few Liu Kang avatars on the same line as the others.

Looking into adding other characters that doesn't have similar artwork, or that has been used already...in different ways, to avoid repeats. On an earlier thread the CGs of Kitana, Jade and Ermac were posted, so posting those again with a border would suck for those that already got those back them. :p

strideramc

fernoca said:
And added a few Liu Kang avatars on the same line as the others.

Looking into adding other characters that doesn't have similar artwork, or that has been used already...in different ways, to avoid repeats. On an earlier thread the CGs of Kitana, Jade and Ermac were posted, so posting those again with a border would suck for those that already got those back them. :p

Yeah, I grabbed mine from that thread.

GrayFoxPL

Diablohead said:
Just got in from work, did I miss the stream? :( the youtube link takes me to the latest legacy video.
You did. Stream went on for hours. But I'm sure someone's recorded this.

Shaneus said:
As an Australian, this thread makes me want to cry :(

Can't you import but ask the shop to label it: "Carrot Pie"? I'm sure they'll understand knowing where you're coming from.

Shaneus said:
As an Australian, this thread makes me want to cry :(
If you're that hardcore about it, we can ship it to you with no boxart and wrapped inside My Little Pony boxset! :p

I'm fucking serious. Any Aussie wants the game to be shipped, I can help fulfill their desire. PS3 is region free so that should be no hassle.

EDIT: Oh and I will NOT be held responsible if it's held up at customs lol! I will provide tracking number if required, and GAF knows I am honest as fuck! ;)

shagg_187 said:
If you're that hardcore about it, we can ship it to you with no boxart and wrapped inside My Little Pony boxset! :p

I'm fucking serious. Any Aussie wants the game to be shipped, I can help fulfill their desire. PS3 is region free so that should be no hassle.

That's fucking awesome.

mhznet

I'm taking this one if no one minds:

sEbch.png

Thanks, Fernoca!

Shaneus

shagg_187 said:

Appreciate it (seriously, tres awesome of you!) but I have a friend in New Zealand that should be able to get it to me with minimal hassle. It's just fucked that we have to go to such lengths over such a bullshit decision. It's not that it's rated R18+, it's that games that are rated as such can't be sold here.

As it is, I'm still debating whether to get the 360 or PS3 versions. 360 for the possibility of the potentially awesome exclusive character (don't care for Kratos) but the PS3 has the option for the Saturn USB pad and connects to my TV via HDMI (not VGA like the 360).

Phthisis

The stream will be available as VOD on our channel (Machinima Respawn). Give us until tomorrow to get it all up (we need to process all the clips).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Phthisis said:
The stream will be available as VOD on our channel (Machinima Respawn). Give us until tomorrow to get it all up (we need to process all the clips).

Awesome. Was just about to ask this.

btkadams

wow at the op, good job. that 129.99 package w/ arcade pad is super tempting. i've never really gotten into fighting games but i've been really interested lately in actually trying them with a proper arcade stick rather than dualshock. would the fight stick that comes with the special edition work with other fighting games like street fighter 4?

edit: and does anybody know the quality of the controller? i'm curious as to how mortal kombat fans are going to be playing this game.

fernoca

TommyManberg said:
Can I haz an avatar :(? After the update mine got deleted. I have no idea how to resize images.
Which avatar?

EDIT:
Ah you chose one. :p
Yeah, the ones in the thread are free to use for anyone, the instructions on how to change them according to the new rules are posted with too.

I actually want a scorpion avatar but of the current version. I just can't find a 100X120 image of him :(. Thanks though fen you're truly awesome and the biggest MK fan on the netz hands down.

fernoca

Hmm..don't know why the transparency doesn't look right with a gray background here..let me check onto that.

EDIT:
Hmm..doesn't look right as an avatar, but looks fine when posted normally..

Tommy, post the Scorpion image you want as an avatar.

i wasn't even going to post in this thread but great OP and thread brosef.

i'm getting the game.... probably on 360 but i just don't know yet, i would like to use kratos!

fernoca said:
Hmm..don't know why the transparency doesn't look right with a gray background here..let me check onto that.

EDIT:
Hmm..doesn't look right as an avatar, but looks fine when posted normally..

Tommy, post the Scorpion image you want as an avatar.

Scorpion-1.png

Pachinko

Stunning official thread going on here, I bet this will be more informative then the instruction manual included with the game.

So here's a question for you peeps- I have the SF4 stick , the good tournament edition model that many other fighting game fans picked up.

What would you guys say is the best way to layout the buttons on it?

PPKK is obviously on 1 row by itself but would it be better on the bottom row with block/throw/etc on the top row or vice versa? Or is there perhaps a different configuration that would work well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom