• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn!

Went to GS to preorder Kollector's Edition, but they stopped doing that. Now I'm stuck with standard. Could always preorder Kollector's at a Best Buy (if it's still entirely possible), but it looks like they won't be having a midnight launch at any of their stores.

Might have to bite the bullet and preorder KE

fernoca

Here you go Tommy:
PEWoh.png

Pachinko said:
Stunning official thread going on here, I bet this will be more informative then the instruction manual included with the game.

So here's a question for you peeps- I have the SF4 stick , the good tournament edition model that many other fighting game fans picked up.

What would you guys say is the best way to layout the buttons on it?

PPKK is obviously on 1 row by itself but would it be better on the bottom row with block/throw/etc on the top row or vice versa? Or is there perhaps a different configuration that would work well ?

FP BL BP
FK BL BK

Replace one of the blocks with stance change if the full game doesn't let you have 2 blocks.

Throw = FP+FK, positioned just like SFIV
Tag= BP+BK
Stance change= 2 kicks
X-Ray = Bottom 3 buttons

fernoca is it still true that you can't afford the KE?

Shit, NRS needs to hook you up for that outstanding OP.

Oh could you make a Noob avatar like that Scorpion one?

Uzumaki Goku

Okay, watched the stream. Why is Quan Chi standing next to Scorpion at the beginning of MK1? He has no place being at the tournament in MK1. None whatsoever.

Uzumaki Goku said:
Okay, watched the stream. Why is Quan Chi standing next to Scorpion at the beginning of MK1? He has no place being at the tournament in MK1. None whatsoever.
Quan Chi is the one who fucked up Scorpion's life. Should be in Fernoca's story posts on the first page.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Uzumaki Goku said:

Huh? How did you just watch the stream? Is it up somewhere?

fernoca

The Lamonster said:
fernoca is it still true that you can't afford the KE?

Shit, NRS needs to hook you up for that outstanding OP.
I can't technically afford even the regular edition, but I'll be selling some Nintendo-related stuff (plushies and Club Nintendo stuff) that will get me around $50 and use a $5 coupon a friend got me for Gamestop to get it at midnight April 19. :p

Oh could you make a Noob avatar like that Scorpion one?
Give me a sec.
I was holding the "versus" avatars for after release.. XD
Done. :p

TreIII said:
Could I get one of these in green? Thanks much in advance.
Coming up. Done. :p

fernoca

TreIII said:
Could I get one of these in green? Thanks much in advance.
Green...
NOB1T.png
VZp9L.png
Wc3Do.png

Fixed all of them actually, since the last batch..all but the retro one were 1x1 bigger, which probably caused the problems of the transparency when posted as an avatar.

So, everyone with the colored-dragon..changed them to one of this:

bLXny.png
88th7.png
wJrsD.png

Ss3yy.png

Lamonster, check your PM..in a few secs. ;)
*PM sent*

MrMephistoX

Do you have to pre-order both Mortal Kombat and MK: Annihilation to get the Jade pre-order bonus? I'm actually tempted since the first movie is decent and only $12 but I would sooner perform a Hara Kiri on my eyes than subject them to MKA on bluray!

Irish

Can someone please list the items shown in the livestream that I completely forgot about? I believe someone mentioned something about a Noob Sub Zero alt? Like, the original subby?

With all the bonus stuff in the ridiculous amount of content we're gonna get in this game, I hope there's a way to unlock the old announcer from MK2/3.

fernoca

MrMephistoX said:
Do you have to pre-order both Mortal Kombat and MK: Annihilation to get the Jade pre-order bonus? I'm actually tempted since the first movie is decent and only $12 but I would sooner perform a Hara Kiri on my eyes than subject them to MKA on bluray!
Every copy will include a code, only for the PS3 version. So you'll be fine by picking either movie. ;)

strideramc

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Anyone with history with Amazon's release day shipping? Does it come in the afternoon of the actual release day or is it a sham?

I order about 99.9% of my games from Amazon and of all of the release date deliveries I have had, I have had only one not show up on the actual release date. It was an error on UPS's end too boot.

JdFoX187

Banned
Are those streams choppy to anyone else? Every time I try to watch it, they keep cutting out and skipping ahead to catch up.

Frankfurt

Banned
Shaneus said:
Appreciate it (seriously, tres awesome of you!) but I have a friend in New Zealand that should be able to get it to me with minimal hassle. It's just fucked that we have to go to such lengths over such a bullshit decision. It's not that it's rated R18+, it's that games that are rated as such can't be sold here.

As it is, I'm still debating whether to get the 360 or PS3 versions. 360 for the possibility of the potentially awesome exclusive character (don't care for Kratos) but the PS3 has the option for the Saturn USB pad and connects to my TV via HDMI (not VGA like the 360).

Older models of the 360 didn't have HDMI?

grkazan12

Consider me aboard the hype train as well. Just don't know what version to get (friends aren't getting it) and I also have a SF 4 stick for 360 but I also love the ps3 controller fir this game. Ugh, what version are you guys getting?

grkazan12 said:
Consider me aboard the hype train as well. Just don't know what version to get (friends aren't getting it) and I also have a SF 4 stick for 360 but I also love the ps3 controller fir this game. Ugh, what version are you guys getting?
Going with the Triple. I have sticks for both systems so Kratos put me over the edge.

lazybones18 said:
Fuck it, I'm gonna try Best Buy again tomorrow and see if I can still preorder the Kollector's Edition

Speaking from personal experience, pre-ordering at Best Buy is essentially pointless. At my local store, on the few times I have pre-ordered something, they have never had it held behind the counter for me to pick up. I've usually done better by going to the store at opening on the game's release day and getting a copy of the collector's/limited edition off the shelf. Of course, this is just my experience at my store, yours might actually have their shit together. Happy hunting.

"Is Jade darker skinned in the final version? She looks darker in the stream than she does in the promo image or in some earlier footage I saw."

I think that's just the stream overall looking darker.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
How are we going to get a list of PSN/XBL names going? Collect them and have fernoca append it to the Miscellaneous section or eventually start another thread in Community?

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Speaking from personal experience, pre-ordering at Best Buy is essentially pointless. At my local store, on the few times I have pre-ordered something, they have never had it held behind the counter for me to pick up. I've usually done better by going to the store at opening on the game's release day and getting a copy of the collector's/limited edition off the shelf. Of course, this is just my experience at my store, yours might actually have their shit together. Happy hunting.

This will be uncharted territory since all the previous times I preordered at a Best Buy, it was for a midnight release at their store. I'll need all the luck I can get. Hope my experience turns out positive

fernoca

Kyouji said:
How are we going to get a list of PSN/XBL names going? Collect them and have fernoca append it to the Miscellaneous section or eventually start another thread in Community?
A new/separate thread will be posted by April 18 on the Community Forums. Over there, people will post their respective usernames and consoles and plan chats, fights, etc. ;)

I'll organize and put as much info as I can in the thread related to friends lists and organizing some general aspects..but, since I have no experience with chats and streams and all that mumbo jumbo..that will be planned by others I guess.

Or if anyone knows and will have/create specific chats and stuff, send me a PM with all the info and I'll add it to that thread. In that case I'll prefer the information to be send as if the person was explaining everything to a little kid, basically..that I just copy-paste the info. :p XD

fernoca

It is the same stream from earlier?
I remember that one started kinda choppy but eventually got smooth.

If it's a new one? LINK!!! :p
Nevermind, forgot I'm downloading the "free" Killzone maps..so even if there was a new stream, I could't watch it. :/

Plissken

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Anyone with history with Amazon's release day shipping? Does it come in the afternoon of the actual release day or is it a sham?

I've bought almost all my new games from Amazon for the past 2 years, and have never had a problem with release date delivery. 75% of the time I have the game by mid-afternoon, the other 25% I get it in the morning (all depends on the UPS driver I guess).

MoonsaultSlayer said:

It's most likely dependends on where you exist in UPS or Fedex's delivery route. When I receive a shipment from FedEx it's usually from 12pm-2pm. UPS is always later in the day for me around 5pm.

Aske

lazybones18 said:
This will be uncharted territory since all the previous times I preordered at a Best Buy, it was for a midnight release at their store. I'll need all the luck I can get. Hope my experience turns out positive

I'm testing out a Best Buy pre-order for the first time too, but I'm having them ship the KE out to me. I don't expect to get it on release day, but we'll see.

fernoca

Yeah, Amazon is great but always depends on the carrier more than Amazon per se.

I've had stuff ordered with free shipping that came in UPS the next day. Yet, Amazon swears they don't ship items that fast to my location when I manually selected the options and was planning to even pay for it. :p

So, in my case..
Free shipping = up to 2 days through UPS
Paid 1/2 day shipping? amazon inserts: donotwant.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom