• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
any words on online pass? I have main USA account but live in Asia. should I import the region 1 US version or can I safely buy region 3 Asian version?

import is more expensive for me, but I don't want to buy asian version and finds out that the online pass code only work for asian psn account.

LordK

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Anyone with history with Amazon's release day shipping? Does it come in the afternoon of the actual release day or is it a sham?

I think I've been ordering at Amazon exclusively for the past 3 years. I've bought countless games day 1 with release date shipping. Only one time did the game not arrive on time and it was because UPS couldn't drive the roads due to slickness or something.

The best part of the steam was that at least 6 people were constantly texting Hector to try and piss him off. HA! If you saw him fiddling with his phone during the steam that was us =P

Teknopathetic said:
"Is Jade darker skinned in the final version? She looks darker in the stream than she does in the promo image or in some earlier footage I saw."

I think that's just the stream overall looking darker.

I think the darker skin tone for Jade really was her's, not the stream being dark. Nobody else's skin looked like that.

flarkminator said:
The best part of the steam was that at least 6 people were constantly texting Hector to try and piss him off. HA! If you saw him fiddling with his phone during the steam that was us =P
haha nice

Should have stolen his phone in advance and replaced the ringtone/text alert sound with something loud and ridiculous. We used to do this to coworkers in meetings so a loud kiss noise plays when they receive e-mails...and then proceed to e-mail them repeatedly during meetings where people had their laptops.

The Lamonster said:
haha nice

Should have stolen his phone in advance and replaced the ringtone/text alert sound with something loud and ridiculous. We used to do this to coworkers in meetings so a loud kiss noise plays when they receive e-mails...and then proceed to e-mail them repeatedly during meetings where people had their laptops.

(takes notes)

Aske

LordK said:
I think I've been ordering at Amazon exclusively for the past 3 years. I've bought countless games day 1 with release date shipping. Only one time did the game not arrive on time and it was because UPS couldn't drive the roads due to slickness or something.

I wish Amazon Canada was comparable to Amazon.com. I only used Best Buy because the game was $10 cheaper from them. And though Amazon.ca is reasonably fast, I haven't been that impressed with their packaging recently.

shuri

Banned
This is the first MK game I have not pre-ordered since MK1 on the snes! It feels kinda weird to be honest; I just hope to be able to find a copy

Aske

Criminal Upper said:
Can someone remind me what the collector's edition of the guide has over the standard one?

KE Guide Features from Amazon:

• All content from regular edition book
• Exclusive theme song from Teenage Riot Records
• Behind the Music - Exclusive interviews with the theme song artists
• Tournament caliber strategy for the serious tournament players
• Inside NetherRealm Studio feature
• Massive concept art section
• Laminated move reference cards for all characters
• Character histories with Fatality gallery and warrior evolution
• Embossed Hardcover with special foil logo

Everything below the first bulletpoint is exclusive to the KE guide, and isn't included with the regular one. Except perhaps the 'tournament caliber strategy' thing...surely that's in the regular edition.

Regular edition has no description on Amazon, just the cover art.

Edit: And Amazon is currently selling the KE for $20 (down from $35) and the regular edition for $12 (down from $20).

nero2082

hey fernoca, I got some challenge for you, I need Cyrax av (Kang is puss, go cyber or die), check PM with my harrassment.

BTW anyone got any info about unlocks? I'd like them to go retro and put stuff like MK3 announcer or theme like this. Damn I would pay for damn DLC to have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8DFc2my9bw

Wow, epic thread for an epic game. It actually makes me want to buy a console and get this. Well, I already did but it makes me to want to even more. The game looks so fkng good. I'm tired of all these great multi-platform games missing on PC.

*yoink*

This is pretty fitting anyway, since I'm getting the first movie on BD that day partially because I want it and partially because I want the outfit voucher.

fernoca

Next avatar update will include the Vs. pictures that hasn't been asked for already.

No more requests at the moment, while I finish (just started :p) so keep an eye out. Was planning to and this avatars next week, but since there's demand for it..and I'm bored, why not? XD

My computer's slow..so patience... :p

VIDEOS!
  • If you guys liked the Story stuff Fernoca posted on the First Page, heres a good compliment to get more down and dirty with the MK Story. MK9 picks up literally where Armageddon left off so at the very least you'll want to watch the Intro videos if you're interested in playing Story mode.

giRpu.png

B6Thx.png

Kharacters: Kano, Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Goro, Shang Tsung [Hidden: Reptile]

Videos:

029v7.png

Kharacters: Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Jax, Shang Tsung, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Baraka, Kintaro, Shao Kahn [Hidden: Jade, Noob Saibot, Smoke]

Videos:

i4JgP.png

Kharacters: Sonya, Jax, Nightwolf, Kano, Cyber Smoke, Sub-Zero, Sektor, Sindel, Stryker, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Kabal, Sheeva, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Motaro, Shao Kahn (Ultimate: Kitana, Reptile, Jade, Scorpion, Rain (playable only in home ports), Mileena, Ermac, Classic Sub-Zero, Human Smoke, Noob Saibot | Trilogy: Johnny Cage, Raiden, Baraka)

KexWR.png

Kharacters: Sonya, Jax, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Reiko, Jarek, Raiden, Tanya, Scorpion, Kai, Reptile, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Fujin, Noob Saibot, Goro, (Gold: Cyrax, Mileena, Kitana, Kung Lao, Baraka, Sektor) [Hidden: Meat]

Videos:

KIxoO.png

Kharacters: Blaze, Bo' Rai Cho, Cyrax, Drahmin, Frost, Hsu Hao, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, Li Mei, Mavado, Mokap, Nitara, Quan Chi, Raiden, Reptile, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Sonya, Sub-Zero

Videos:

vhWsi.png

Kharacters: Ashrah , Hotaru, Dairou, Darrius , Havik , Kira , Kobra , Onaga , Shujinko , Baraka , Bo' Rai Cho, Ermac , Jade , Kabal, Kenshi, Li Mei , Liu Kang , Nightwolf , Mileena , Noob-Smoke, Raiden , Scorpion , Sindel , Sub-Zero , Tanya , Goro, Shao Kahn

Videos:

1i4oN.png

Kharacters: Ashrah, Baraka, Blaze, Bo' Rai Cho, Chameleon, Cyrax, Daegon, Dairou, Darrius, Drahmin, Ermac, Frost, Fujin, Goro, Havik, Hotaru, Hsu Hao, Jade, Jarek, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kai, Kano, Kenshi, Khameleon, Kintaro, Kira, Kitana, Kobra, Kung Lao, Li Mei, Liu Kang, Mavado, Meat, Mileena, Mokap, Moloch, Motaro, Nightwolf, Nitara, Noob, Onaga, Quan Chi, Raiden, Rain, Reiko, Reptile, Sareena, Scorpion, Sektor, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sheeva, Shinnok, Shujinko, Sindel, Smoke, Sonya, Stryker, Sub-Zero, Tanya, Taven

Videos:

MISC
  • MK9 does include Klassic Stage music from MK1, 2 & 3. Press Start at the Stage Select screen to enable Klassic Music mode

Credits to Fernoca for all the images I ripped off of him ;)

Blueblur1

fernoca said:
Next avatar update will include the Vs. pictures that hasn't been asked for already.

No more requests at the moment, while I finish (just started :p) so keep an eye out. Was planning to and this avatars next week, but since there's demand for it..and I'm bored, why not? XD

My computer's slow..so patience... :p
Awesome, dude!

fernoca

infinityBCRT said:
Be my guest :)
Cool, let me finish with the vs. avatars and then I'll create a "brought to you by infinity" banner and put it in the misc. sections (since there's no space in the actual summaries)

hikarutilmitt said:
*yoink*

This is pretty fitting anyway, since I'm getting the first movie on BD that day partially because I want it and partially because I want the outfit voucher.
Hmm..check your PM. :p

flarkminator said:
If it gets any bigger it's going to become self aware.
Is not that big anyway.....oh the thread? Not that big either. :p

Yousefb

Have all the MK avatars been snatched up already? :p

Edit:
65D4L.png

Think this one is good to go

April 19 can't come soon enough!

BuzzJive

blackmamba707 said:
fernoca wins, speedality.

now we're talkin! I hope Cyrax will be popular...not like that other guy...
Cyber Sub
:<

I think OP specifically left out character spoilers. You might wanna edit that.

Great Thread fernoca. Back in time may not be the coolest tag, but it works on multiple levels, which I appreciate.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Great OP. A dedicated fan!

Looking forward to receiving the game next Tuesday, got it pre-ordered from Amazon. Very excited that there's so much single player content. I am not sure I'll even buy any more Capcom fighters until they start putting in some SP content into their games.

fernoca

Vs. avatars being uploaded.
All but the ones that were asked for already and the "2 spoiler-ish" characters. So, if anyone appears with one of those 2 characters, it wasn't done by me. :p

Will edit this post with them before putting them into the OP.

VS.

JRBwT.png
dlidb.png
ZfI57.png
S8GRt.png

sIUki.png
u18ME.png
BWO1X.png
8ab2u.png
3QJCR.png
hUTTy.png

hoBWb.png
DSNlz.png
xPPSN.png
uIHUn.png
cluAr.png
y0ux8.png

hn4rr.png
JuJ5U.png
iN5f7.png
Kpjn4.png
8ohD6.png
J8QrK.png

Remember that:
Evilore said:
Avatars are now hosted by NeoGAF instead of going through an external url. The new avatar size limits are 100x120 pixels and 50KB. Animated avatars are no longer permitted.

As before, avatars should be G-rated, and not explicit, suggestive, or disgusting. NeoGAF readers can use their discretion for what threads to click on, but cannot use their discretion for which avatars they end up seeing, so ensure your avatars are very work-safe.

To set up your avatar, click on the User CP at the top navigation bar, then Edit Avatar, then either provide the system with a link for the image you'd like to use or choose a file from your computer. Either way, the image will be hosted on the NeoGAF servers, so there are no worries about finding a webhost for your image.

If you would like to continue using your previous avatar with the new system, the old url can be found in your user profile.

Avatar functionality site-wide can now be disabled, for example if you're browsing with limited bandwidth or at work. To enable or disable avatars being displayed, click on User CP, then Edit Options, scroll to Thread Display Options, then in the Visible Post Elements section select or deselect "Show Avatars."

If you need assistance creating an avatar, head on over to the Forum Avatar Request Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390648

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
It's most likely dependends on where you exist in UPS or Fedex's delivery route. When I receive a shipment from FedEx it's usually from 12pm-2pm. UPS is always later in the day for me around 5pm.
Thank you and everyone else for the replies. Just need to give the babysitter a heads up on release day.

TheHakku

Was the audio/video out of sync or laggy during the livestream? The archive isn't too good. Could be just my PC, or that I skipped to 22:00 instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom