• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
vocab said:
Sadly console Peer 2 Peer technology and console DD is anything but amazing.
P2P is pretty much optimal for a fighting game. You don't want dedicated servers for 1v1.

Last gen playing fighting games online was literally unthinkable. Devs refused to even consider it. Now it's considered a standard feature, and some devs even manage to get it right. It's actually kind of amazing if you think about it.

Atruvius

fernoca said:
Hmm, how actually?
As far as I've seen; Ranked Match it's also random so the possibilities of ending with the same player are really low unless there's noone else playing. And both players are sent to the Online Menu after the match ends, so is not like you both can rematch.

Well, I remeber going to ranked match and my opponent sent me a message if I wanted get some trophies with him. So there is no rematch in ranked games? I guess it wasn't ranked then. :(

fernoca

Atruvius said:
Well, I remeber going to ranked match and my opponent sent me a message if I wanted get some trophies with him. So there is no rematch in ranked games? I guess it wasn't ranked then. :(
Yep. You can't send requests/invites for Ranked Matches, otherwise people would be exploiting that by playing with friends. ;)

AnEternalEnigma said:
Any word on the arrival of the netcode patch?
So far, "end of the month" probably around the time of the first DLC.

In any case...
I'm updating the OT, by reducing the size of nearly every banner/big thing....to make things easier to navigate/read. Not finished at the moment, so that's why the OT up to the Media section looks smaller now, than the rest..I'll finish the rest during the day, since it was something just decided to do around an hour ago..and it's 4AM... :p (was planning to completely re-do the thread...but ended being too crazy :p)

So if anyone can go over there and see if the "new size" (so far) is too small, I'll appreciate it. ;)

Darb

Neo Member
Does anyone have any tips on forward dashing in combos? Do I wait until I've inputted the combo commands and then do it or do I buffer it within the combo? Is it character specific? I'm very inconsistent with these types of combos.

Sorry for the naive question, this is the first time I've tried to actually play a fighting game rather than just uppercutting and jump kicking.

^^Yea that is the same problem that I am having with Kitana's combo. That damn dash move is killing me. From my experience it has to be pressed very quickly right after the last move.

The funny thing about MK combos are that you practice, practice, and practice . Then you sometimes feel "I will never get this....shit is impossible... WTF?..Fuck this shit" But once you pull it off it feels perfect. And then you start to feel it everytime when you know you pressed the button at the wrong time. Mindblown....

Khezu

According to brady it looks like kenshi is going to be almost a whole new character and focused more on swordplay then his telekenesis. I hope that doesn't mean he doesn't have any TK moves at all, I would really like him to do a jedi lightsaber throw with his sword.

Also baraka damage buffs, and now he can juggle people midscreen after he does his chop attack.

simtmb

My only complaint about this game is online related. Every single time I'm in a King of the hill match, my PS3 freezes. So annoying.

I have a PAL copy for PS3, and am within AUS, this game doesn't exactly have many players online from the looks of things which is to be somewhat expected here. But regardless, it's still been good fun, just it's extremely annoying that when I'm looking for a nice king of the hill match, finally enter one with an acceptable to even lag-free connection, then my PS3 locks up completely during a match. It's happened every single King of the Hill session I've had...

Frustrating, the matchmaking is also atrocious. I get paired with players where the character select screen lags by seconds and the game session always ends. I even join rooms, AUS AND NZ rooms, everyone has green bars. Then when i challenge them, the character select screen lags like shit, game session goes to unavailable, can't even challenge people sometimes, or they just decline vsing.

As for the game itself. I absolutely love it. Enjoying it a lot despite only having several dozen actual matches. It's a real shame it got banned here in AUS...

I also can't even decide on a main xD Before release i wanted to play Ermac since he's been a favorite character of mine within MK, but i don't particularly like how he plays. The same goes for most of the characters i considered before playing it. :mad: Leaning towards Sub-Zero though since he's one of the funner character I've tried.

scoobs

I don't think buffing barakas gonna do much for his playtime, hes just not fun to play and he looks stupid in this game.

Xater

Good news for people like me soon?

RT @pauloaugusto87 Can't NRS renew trial online passes for ps3 until PS Store is back online? Noobde: We will take care of you! :)

https://twitter.com/#!/noobde/status/70902840108908544

Would be interesting if they turned the trial time to 7 days or something for psn users and giving everyone a trial again with this update.

Khezu said:
According to brady it looks like kenshi is going to be almost a whole new character and focused more on swordplay then his telekenesis. I hope that doesn't mean he doesn't have any TK moves at all, I would really like him to do a jedi lightsaber throw with his sword.

Also baraka damage buffs, and now he can juggle people midscreen after he does his chop attack.
Where did he say this?

fernoca

MoonsaultSlayer said:
My replacement cards came in. CT, USA.
Good quality? Bad? Pics!? :p

And there, finished the reducing the few things left to reduce in the OT. Some stuff may not look as sharp/crisp as it was; but still readable..and overall easier to browse than at first.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah I was hoping for some news on the online trial. Mine ran out last night, was planning on really getting started today.

sleepykyo

scoobs said:
I don't think buffing barakas gonna do much for his playtime, hes just not fun to play and he looks stupid in this game.

Well, buff him enough and people will use for the sake of winning. Outside of that, the character is just really dull. Slow normals, no teleports or dive kicks, etc. Make his d, f +2 guard cancel-able or something.

scoobs said:
This game is the first time I DON'T think he looks stupid.

I always hated him in all the other games, but for the first time he actually seems cool and I'd like to play him.

Assuming he's buffed up to not be the worst character in the game :p.

fernoca said:
Good quality? Bad? Pics!? :p

And there, finished the reducing the few things left to reduce in the OT. Some stuff may not look as sharp/crisp as it was; but still readable..and overall easier to browse than at first.
Same quality but has all finishers now. (assuming you've seen the original cards)

fernoca

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Same quality but has all finishers now. (assuming you've seen the original cards)
That's good to know then. Was afraid they were going to make them smaller, different paper, etc. since they were going to give them "for free".

fernoca said:
That's good to know then. Was afraid they were going to make them smaller, different paper, etc. since they were going to give them "for free".
I was thinking the same. Part of me wanted them to have different art to make them more "special"... but then I'd have to be a douche and take back the originals from my brother haha.

GrayFoxPL

The "most characters have teleports" thing is greatly overstated.

Characters without teleports:

Johnny Cage
Sonya
Sub-Zero
Baraka
Jax
Liu Kang
Kitana
Stryker
Kabal
Shang Tsung(?)
Jade
Kano
Nightwolf
Reptile
Sindel(?)

And if I didn't mix things up more characters don't have teleports then do.

fernoca said:
Ah sorry, mixed a few things. :p

Still sucks though. Tried WB?
1-410-568-3680
support@wbgames.com
Trying now! Thanks! Couldn't find the WB number for games when searching in their main site.

Edit: Called them up! The guy said he'd send me an email to type up information so they can send me the card I assume. I guess I can keep the extra "Avatar and Themes code". Thanks Fernoca! :)

fernoca

Shadowlink said:
Trying now! Thanks! Couldn't find the WB number for games when searching in their main site.

Edit: Called them up! The guy said he'd send me an email to type up information so they can send me the card I assume. I guess I can keep the extra "Avatar and Themes code". Thanks Fernoca! :)
No problem. Post an update if things are sorted out..or not too. ;)

Sblargh

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
The "most characters have teleports" thing is greatly overstated.

Characters without teleports:

Johnny Cage
Sonya
Sub-Zero
Baraka
Jax
Liu Kang
Kitana
Stryker
Kabal
Shang Tsung(?)
Jade
Kano
Nightwolf
Reptile
Sindel(?)

And if I didn't mix things up more characters don't have teleports then do.

Sindel doesn't have a teleport, what she has is a flying move that is probably the less used move in the entire game, since it basically make you a non-blocking standing target, but on the sky. (some pro might one day use it effectively)

Sblargh said:
Sindel doesn't have a teleport, what she has is a flying move that is probably the less used move in the entire game, since it basically make you a non-blocking standing target, but on the sky. (some pro might one day use it effectively)

The d.d.u levitate? Someone found that if you use it mid combo after a scream, it acts as a juggle and damage reset leading to infinite which easily do 100%+.

Xevren

Before today I actually had some playable matches, tonight was a joke. Think I'm just going to play other games until a patch fixes this shit.

ToyBroker

Banned
Sblargh said:

She can spam fireballs while up there though.

Plus you can cancel a flight before it starts for a nice mixup I guess.............maybe.........

I've actually played a few Sindels on PS3...I couldn't believe people were using her.

Her projectiles are ok...and that hair grab is pretty cool...but that's about it.

fernoca

By the way, old trick..but in case anyone missed it.

If you want to see the extra costumes some characters have in the model viewer (like the retros), just choose the bio of any character in Nekropolis, then Pause (Start) and choose 'Player Select'. This will take you to the character select screen, so you can choose any character/alt by pressing start like you normally do (and by pressing Start again to choose that costume's secondary color).

After choosing and loading you'll be back at the model viewer with the character/costume/color you just choose.

Unicorn

ToyBroker said:

Plus you can cancel a flight before it starts for a nice mixup I guess.............maybe.........

I've actually played a few Sindels on PS3...I couldn't believe people were using her.

Her projectiles are ok...and that hair grab is pretty cool...but that's about it.
Her X-ray kicks you in the asshole.

She's instantly viable.

Sblargh

Banned
ToyBroker said:

Bleeeh, I use Sindel and kick your high-tier asses all day.

fernoca

Yeah, Sindel's has always been a favorite of mine. Seeing her back with her old moves, new ones and so fast..made me so happy. :)

So sexy too!

Wg4uE.jpg

fernoca said:
I havent received them but they didnt asked for a receipt or proof of purchase

fernoca

SixStringPsycho said:
Let me know if you receive them. A friend apparently ordered one set for me, in case they asked for a receipt...but he didn't knew if they were going to ship to PR. He did received the shipped-email; so we'll see.

Unicorn

SixStringPsycho said:
I was wondering about that. I was thinking of trying to claim them, just to get them, but I really didn't want them badly enough to try and order them or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom