• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Shaneus said:
Damnit, zero hope of getting those figurines in Australia now :(
don't worry. that company made shoddy MK figures back in the late 90's. These probably aren't going to be any better quality.

bumpkin said:
Are they for the 360 or PS3? If they're for 360, I'd be interested in one of the codes if you don't mind. I saw someone before me asked about Kitana, but I'd be cool with Jade or Mileena. :)
Unicorn said:
If you have a 360 Kitana, i'd be much abliged. After I spend some more time with Kano, I wanted to start with Kitana as a back up.
360 codes.

No katana sorry :( only mileena and jade klassic codes.

If I decide to not claim them tomorrow then i'll give em out.

What does Raiden say when he does his torpedo move?
Every Haitian kid happened to come to the same name for it independently; Ayibolele. I did a google search and I am shocked it is not clear what he is saying. I love how they didn't change it, this brings back so many memories.

crazyjah2003 said:
What does Raiden say when he does his torpedo move?
Every Haitian kid happened to come to the same name for it independently; Ayibolele. I did a google search and I am shocked it is not clear what he is saying. I love how they didn't change it, this brings back so many memories.
Yeah classic sound for raiden makes him awesome, i'm sure one of them is "Salt and vinegar" I swear...

Novid

Banned
Darb said:
I experienced the same thing just now. I'm not sure if it's because I don't usually play at this time or they legitimately fixed something. I actually joined a room not near my region and thought there would be lag. Only once did I notice a hiccup and then it smoothed out.

It was somewhat better for me today than it was yesterday. Won three straight in KotH, ok in the other matches. Patch will do wonders i hope.

As for comparing story between BBCS and MK9 - don't. It works for diffrent people (who were once ONE enity back when MK was first popluar) and your comparing a story on a Budget than one with a Massive Budget. Of course MK9 gonna wipe the floor style wise on its story section than BBCS. Luckily, Im somewhat good in both - BBCS has the better netcode and its a shame not many are playing the game. MK9 is my first Console MK and I love it. I can respect both sides of the argument but you cant compaire both stories to be honest.

Wow, Cyrax is pretty fun! I just started messing around with him today, got some really nice combo opportunities with that net and enhanced bombs... Learned a few combos, brought him to the Arcade Ladder and was able to Flawless at least one round each up to the 5th match. Then I just up-and-downed everyone up until Kintaro and Shao Kahn like nothing.

I'm intentionally trying not to learn the bomb trap technique as apparently that's getting nerfed... though I don't really understand the process anyways.

Wish I could go online again, hopefully Tuesday when the store's suppose to be back up.

People complaining about the difficulty of MK9's 2 on 1s and Story mode boss fights need to go back and play MK2. I couldn't even make it past the 6th or 7th guy on the ladder today. MK9 has softened me up.

bumpkin

Diablohead said:
360 codes.

No katana sorry :( only mileena and jade klassic codes.

If I decide to not claim them tomorrow then i'll give em out.
Nice! I'd really like the Jade one if you'd be so kind. :)

I would offer to trade some 360 DLC to another game, but I don't have much right now... Just the "officer" character and the bonus maps for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

big_z

Other than online This game is great. rebooting the series was the right thing to do and they really made a solid Fighter this time.
Also big props for making the company logos skippable.

However having finished the story mode I'm worried about the future of the franchise. It seems like they written themselves right back to the same post mk3 shit they were avoiding with this game.

jns

Hey guys, Aussie here, just for any that want to know I played my first online games today in king of the hill, I went 15-0 and then won a couple and then got dropped :/ I then re-joined and won 8+ in a row and I got an achievement for 10 wins in a row in king of the hill. so it takes your last matches into account. I'm shocking at the game so don't care but i know lots of folks are chevo hunters :)

{edit} i mean 0-15

I fucking hate that goddamn company who somehow cheated their way into gaining the license to make MK figures.

ALL of their past attempts have been goddamn awful, and these are even worse.

I can only imagine a super ultra detailed Scorpion or Kinatro figure by NECA.

:(

Azuran

Banned
Just letting you guys know that you don't need an online pass to access online right now. NRS was so nice to let us play for the weekend.

Struct09

Azuran said:
Just letting you guys know that you don't need an online pass to access online right now. NRS was so nice to let us play for the weekend.

I was lucky enough to redeem my Kombat Pass on launch day, but this is awesome! More people to fight :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.facebook.com/MortalKombat?sk=wall

Due to the recent PSN outage, Mortal Kombat for PS3 will now be playable online without need for the Kombat Pass. This is a temporary solution that will only be available while Playstation Store is unavailable. Once PlayStation Store is back up, users will be able to enter the Kombat Pass code included with Mortal Kombat or purchase a Kombat Pass for $9.99.

Khezu

So like character tweaks hit on the ps3 right now.
Looks like a lot of characters got damage nerfs to there BnBs so it might be a global damage scaling nerf. Smoke and noob saibot seemed to have been effected the most, and cyrax's bomb trap is still in.

Kano and baraka got buffed as well

Khezu

• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Reduced the damage on some special moves.
• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
• Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
• Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
• Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
• Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.

• Changed Kano’s Towards + to a low block.
• Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
• Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.
• It is easy to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
• Baraka’s Away + combo is now a true popup.

From TYM

Also looks like brady is going to be talking about the patch tonight on some live stream thing, I guess he would go more in depth on what specials were nerfed and why.

Khezu said:
So like character tweaks hit on the ps3 right now.
Looks like a lot of characters got damage nerfs to there BnBs so it might be a global damage scaling nerf. Smoke and noob saibot seemed to have been effected the most, and cyrax's bomb trap is still in.

Kano and baraka got buffed as well
People on TYM are saying Smoke's BnB's got nerfed 10-20%...I'm not noticing a difference of more than 2% on his Smoke Bomb OTG combo, so I'm wondering what BnB's they're referring to.

sleepykyo

Khezu said:
• Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.

That sucks, I feel Cage's flip kick recovery is too quick. It's like NRS just wants online to be populated with AA special spam.

Raxus

Khezu said:
• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
Thank god. It didn't make sense why a projectile that did no damage would scale back combo damage.

sleepykyo

Slamtastic said:
Yeah, they've taken a lot of cues from SFIV.

Really? Fine, I'll bite.

They have nerfed Ryu's dragon punch in every installment. Ditto for Cammy. Ken got a damage boost on his jab dp but increased the recovery in AE. Sagat lost 1/3 of his damage and only recently got a little boost back in AE. Balrog's headbutt got the damage decreased in AE.

But hey, if you like "online safe" AA with piss poor netcode, more power to you. People called it on Kung Lao's hat spin and Raiden's teleport and everyone dismissed it and sure enough both were extremely prominent in PDP.

sleepykyo

Even with reduced damage hat spin is still great. And you actually like the recovery on Lao's hat spin or Cage's flip kick? Really? You're seriously don't think these moves recover too quickly?

sleepykyo said:
Even with reduced damage hat spin is still great. And you actually like the recovery on Lao's hat spin or Cage's flip kick? Really? You're seriously don't think these moves recover too quickly?
I think everything recovers too quickly because of online.

Get back to me when there's a patch.

Frankfurt

Banned
Finished the Tower. Did it on bit-sized bites, every day. Only did over 10 challenges per session on my first and last (today) sessions.

I'm disappointed in myself because I needed the computer's "help" in challenges 300 and the one with the three Goros. Those two were the challenges I didn't finish in a few tries. Must've done the 3 Goros one 12-18 times and the final one 8-12 times.

It was noticeable how those two became easier after a certain point. Oh well.

Third hardest for me was the Mileena/Baraka one where you need to time your jumps against the zombies. Everything else was a lot easier than I expected, specially the 3 Shao Khans.

Also, you can't see Mileena's Flesh Pit in the Nekropolis? I was... Ahem, looking forward to that...

fernoca

Frankfurt said:
Also, you can't see Mileena's Flesh Pit in the Nekropolis? I was... Ahem, looking forward to that...
fernoca said:
By the way, old trick..but in case anyone missed it.

If you want to see the extra costumes some characters have in the model viewer (like the retros), just choose the bio of any character in Nekropolis, then Pause (Start) and choose 'Player Select'. This will take you to the character select screen, so you can choose any character/alt by pressing start like you normally do (and by pressing Start again to choose that costume's secondary color).

After choosing and loading you'll be back at the model viewer with the character/costume/color you just choose.
;)

sleepykyo

Souther said:
I just made a room on PS3 version called "NEOGAF"

If anyone feels like playing come visit.

On to lag it up (shot to my connection not the netcode) in about half a hour. Just need to see Randy Orton perform RKO>frog jump>super fist pump combo first.

So what's the best way to play this online with the least amount of lag? I just finished a private match with a friend and it was pretty bad. Are rooms the way to go?

fernoca

Awesome. After playing with sleepykyo (?) in the GAF-lobby..the router took one of the usual 1 second-disconnects. :(

Every time I'm on the left side I just forget how to do Sindel's fatality. :p

Mileena

Banned
Feels like the netcode is even worse after that patch. Boon is clearly trolling us.

Good news: Kung Lao isn't a brainless bullshit damage machine anymore.

Quan Chi needs buffs.

Had no idea his buff special went away on CHIP damage until now.

And the runes are pathetic unless you do the EX trap. Regular fireball is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom