• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuessWho

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yep. Asked permission to post scans and did so many pages back. I basically wanted to build interest so more people who'd want it would prompt NRS to release it.
what post is it? I want to see!!

Struct09

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So was the patch some kind of hidden update? I played earlier and didn't notice anything...

The recent balance updates were made via hotfixes - the game checks for them every time it boots.

A full blown title update is on its way, and that's something you'll have to download.

Xater

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So was the patch some kind of hidden update? I played earlier and didn't notice anything...

Those are just property changes. They don't have to do a real patch for that. When the game checks for online updates you get the changed properties. I think that is a great system.

GrayFoxPL

Struct09 said:
The recent balance updates were made via hotfixes - the game checks for them every time it boots.

A full blown title update is on its way, and that's something you'll have to download.

So maybe it will work ofline hence tournaments.

MasterDjin said:
Played a few hours of MK online(PSN) today and aside from a few SLOW MOTION ENABLED matches it was a pretty fun experience.Used Cage and Kratos to dominate but there is right now WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too much Scorpions online.

Funny I was playing around with Kano,basically mashing buttons and lost against a guy who was using Subby.Called it a fun match and said I had his respect.So since I thought he passed the test I jumped to my main,which is Kratos and destroyed him.Pushed him into the corner and just combo him dead.Before I could finish him he quit then called me a p**** for playing like that.Ah,I love rage quitters.

Lol, that sounds like MK vs DC.

I'm surprised with the amount of Kratos players online. He was probably the third most seen character outside Scorpion and Smoke for me. Also a lot of Kitanas, Kung Laos, and Sub Zeros.

Houston3000 said:
I'm surprised with the amount of Kratos players online. He was probably the third most seen character outside Scorpion and Smoke for me. Also a lot of Kitanas, Kung Laos, and Sub Zeros.

I've fought: Scorpion, Smoke, Sonya -- that's pretty much it. A Mileena and a Quan Chi, maybe.

Bleepey said:
Has anyone noticed that doing a shoryuken motion is an alternative for a bf motion?
Yea, playing lots of QCF fighters I tried it on day one and it worked, so its really easy to switch between games doing that.

Bleepey

GrayFoxPL said:
:eek:

Mind = blown.

Edit: Dude, you don't have an avatar! Why?

Lol. I had one but when that whole BS with the avatars happened it got removed i still have yet to upload my old one. Maybe i'll dinoise it or something.

DasRaven

Had my first exploration of online today. Went 2-1 with Noob and Quan Chi before I stopped.
The netcode is terribad indeed. I'll wait for a patch before returning to that.

GrayFoxPL

DasRaven said:
Had my first exploration of online today. Went 2-1 with Noob and Quan Chi before I stopped.
The netcode is terribad indeed. I'll wait for a patch before returning to that.

Read my impressions, you could've wait a bit for better matches.

Btw I think the game cashes 2gigs at startup to ad the 2,5 gig installed. Maybe that's the reason online plays so bad at first. It really went from unplayable to "hey I can get my juggles in!" in about 20-30 minutes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This screencap during the tourney is pretty funny.

avIsY.jpg

Houston3000 said:

I'm handing beatdowns with Kano ;D

And i just played against a Jade player and a Kabal player too. Haven't even seen a single Scorpion! :D (too many Smokes though)

I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times already so I apologize but if I buy the game used for 360 am I gonna have to shell out $10 for an online pass to be able to play online?

Khezu

Sir Garbageman said:
I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times already so I apologize but if I buy the game used for 360 am I gonna have to shell out $10 for an online pass to be able to play online?

Yes, unless by some miracle the person who sold it didn't use the pass.
I would wait like 2 weeks though, there is a netcode patch coming, right now the online isn't worth the 10 dollars.

Azuran

Banned
I'm done playing KOTH. My record is terrible thanks to the massive lag in that mode. I can't even start a simple combo. Chat room 1 on 1matches are always smooth for me on the other hand.

Also, all those Scorpion spammers are giving people who actually main him a bad name. It's not my fault my favorite character is really popular, so stop sending me hate mail!

Nice for NetherRealm to let everyone play online until the PSN store is back, but damn! The game is laggy as hell. So many people using the teleport moves too! I hate Smoke, and Noob Saibot now hahaha

Nemesis_

Shadowlink said:
Nice for Midway to let everyone play online until the PSN store is back, but damn! The game is laggy as hell. So many people using the teleport moves too! I hate Smoke, and Noob Saibot now hahaha

Midway is dead

Noisepurge said:
I'm handing beatdowns with Kano ;D

And i just played against a Jade player and a Kabal player too. Haven't even seen a single Scorpion! :D (too many Smokes though)
I'm maining Cyrax right now, I haven't seen one other Cyrax player yet. I haven't seen a lot of characters yet though; no Sheevas, Barakas, Kanos, Jaxs, or Shang Tsungs. Only one Jade, Cyber Sub Zero, Kabal, and Quan Chi (all bad ones to, probably new players experimenting) I'm honestly surprised because Cyrax seems to be a good character, not gimped at all like Sheeva or Baraka for example. He has a teleport, projectiles, and a strong X-Ray which seem to be popular. This is out of about 80 matches

Unicorn said:
This better be DLC soon.
Someone talked to Boon and he hinted at it. I guess its possible they could release a pack of alts based off of the concepts in the art book. I'd like to see that one but I'd also like to see some packs for the following:

MK1
MK2
MK3
Shaolin Monks
MK vs DC

simtmb

Do you guys know if there is any info about fixing the "network connection to your system has been lost" issue when trying to go online?

A friend of mine can't connect at all.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Sir Garbageman said:

Yeah and I think it's pretty fair. Buying a used game gives the people who made the game $0. Sorry for the tangent and I know not everyone can afford full price games but $10 for the online pass isn't that much... depending on how much you bought the used copy for. Used copies at Gamestop are a rip-off.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
They are going to get a lot of money from me on whatever DLC they release. I really love this game. It's brought my love for fighting games back. To me they really understand that there's a huge audience out there that mostly play SP and the amount of SP content is a lot of fun. And King of the Hill is fantastic (when the lag isn't too bad which is unfortunately not often). Love the audience aspect of it, cheering people on and watching the person play who you are going to go up against.

infinityBCRT said:
Someone talked to Boon and he hinted at it. I guess its possible they could release a pack of alts based off of the concepts in the art book. I'd like to see that one but I'd also like to see some packs for the following:

MK1
MK2
MK3
Shaolin Monks
MK vs DC
Oh? What kind of hint?

Thunderbear said:
They are going to get a lot of money from me on whatever DLC they release. I really love this game.
Likewise. I'll buy everything. Won't even complain about prices haha.

mbmonk

Sir Garbageman said:

There is a 2 day free online trial, even with used games, after that you will need to buy an online pass if you want to continue. (Hint: I think you create a new PSN account and play under it for another 2 days free trail). I would definitely suggest using the trail to find out if buying the pass is worth it.

mbmonk

Thunderbear said:
I know not everyone can afford full price games but $10 for the online pass isn't that much...

With the current state of online play for this game $10 for online pass is about $9 too much :)

Throavium

Everytime I play in King of the Hill, the matches are always laggy and it's very troublesome. This game is mostly unplayable online, unless I'm playing with someone I know, where the lag is mostly nonexistent.

Souther

Banned
Wanted to say to whomever i played the other day Thanks for the matches.

I figure whenever I go on I'll create the NEOGAF room if its not already made like before.

I use a fair amount of characters. Sektor or reptile are my mains.

Also that cyrax bomb trap..ugh..I hope that gets fixed. Just teak the recovery time on the throw and it wouldn't be a problem.

MrMephistoX

Back from Banville! Been following the thread though. Oddly enough I've been having a great experience on PSN with very light lag whereas the 360 version I gameflyed to tide me over during the PSN outage was a slideshow most of the time. Weird.

Speaking of which anyone want to trade my unused Scorpion code for Sub Zero? His lag tricks make me feel guilty ;)

Uzumaki Goku

I'm working on a review to the story mode to this game... just captured all the footage... man, I got to say though of all the people I fought in story mode, Kano gave me the most trouble a lot of the time... anyone else have so much trouble with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom