• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Nori Chan

Imgur album of all new 6 costumes courtesy of R/MortalKombat

gawd damn kano fire flame

AoCN3DF.jpg

Ooh, I love how Reptile gets a short amount of invisibility and a dash back after a cancelled xray.

And I can't seem to be able to stop the force balls... any tips?

creatchee

On a different note. I've been seeing some mentions about cassie having to use a run mechanic or something like that, in order to be properly utilized. Wondering if anyone could clarify what they mean by that? I've been watching some combo vids for her, and I don't really see anyone running in order to get solid combo's with her?

Here's one that I recorded yesterday:
https://youtu.be/8REiC180lDg

However, Cassie's launchers tend to push the opponent a medium to long horizontal distance away from her (exception being {F+BK, BK}, which is not any part of a ground combo and only serves as a launcher). So, in this video, I wouldn't be able to connect with the {Up, BP} slam after {BP, BK, BP}. In fact, I would have been limited to continuing the combo with a string that begins with {F+BP...} or {B+FP...}, as they both feature quick horizontal movement as part of their startup.

This is where the run cancel comes in. In theory, you quickly tap {F, F+BLK} then start the juggle string after you've traveled the desired distance. However, there seems to be strict timing on when you can actually start running after Cassie's launchers. Plus you then have to properly time the juggle WHILE you're running. It's hard, but not impossible. The problem is if you miss your juggle, you MIGHT be open for punishment if your opponent quick rises.

Luckily, damage scaling makes long combo strings really not too worth the effort in the end, unless you're playing at a high level tournament where every point of damage is life or death.

OmegaDL50

This "update" fucked up my Dead Woods stage.

je81pCQ.jpg

And yet Sky Temple looks perfectly fine.

dibF4Yq.jpg

How do you manage to screw up the least busiest looking stage in terms of background stuff happening but the one with the heaviest background stuff going seems to be running even better than before?

What?

This "update" fucked up my Dead Woods stage.

je81pCQ.jpg

And yet Sky Temple looks perfectly fine.

dibF4Yq.jpg

How do you manage to screw up the least busiest looking stage in terms of background stuff happening but the one with the heaviest background stuff going seems to be running even better than before?

What?

They must have over optimized those shaders :p

Edit: to be helpful, this is a known issue with the new patch and some video cards. The reason being, literally, that they fucked up the shaders used on that level.

Skab

Did this update you guys are referring to get pushed out to PC? Because im not seeing any of these new costumes.

Did this update you guys are referring to get pushed out to PC? Because im not seeing any of these new costumes.

My guess is that they were in yesterday's 15gb update but haven't been "turned on" because clever players could potentially enable something like Jason early.

It's the only explanation I can come up with for a 15gb patch.

zlatko

Banned
Is there a website, other than youtube, I can watch combo videos or read combo lists people have come up with?

YT doesn't work on my chromebook. Hasn't for months. Fuck google up the ass for this safety mode shit. (Yes I've read 900 things online on how to disable it, but it is permanently stuck and the drop down will not let me disable it. LOTS of users got it near Easter. No fix in sight)

OmegaDL50

Is there a website, other than youtube, I can watch combo videos or read combo lists people have come up with?

YT doesn't work on my chromebook. Hasn't for months. Fuck google up the ass for this safety mode shit. (Yes I've read 900 things online on how to disable it, but it is permanently stuck and the drop down will not let me disable it. LOTS of users got it near Easter. No fix in sight)

Check out the Testyourmight forums. It is basically the SRK equivalent for Mortal Kombat, much like Dustloops is for Guilty Gear.

J-Tier

I'm really liking the game so far. Been playing Jacqui, Shinnok and Ermac.

Hated the story mode though. Has terrible pacing issues. Especially parts where they just throw a bunch of fights in a row at you.

Also hated it because it made me realize that there are a bunch of partially finished characters that'll be DLC at some point with some ridiculous pricing model.

On a completely different note, screw the mobile version. Not helping with the arthritis I'm developing in my fingers.

Cleve

You can reconnect to PSN after you get past the splash screens and then go online.

Thanks, you're right, it did work.

I'm glad to know I can get on to play, but I hope NRS can figure this out soon. Some people are reporting corrupted saves, so I'll just be sure to back mine up.

I could have sworn Reptile's Basilisk (slow down) move was able to be performed on a dime but it seems there's a cool down time now. Maybe I'm wrong about pre-patch because I haven't had/played the game long.

OmegaDL50

I sure can't block it when holding down the block button

It also depends if you are standing or ducking and whether attack hits high or low.

Overheads for example can't blocked when ducking, and some low specials like Mileena's low Sai throw can't be blocked when standing and must always be blocked low.

Trickster

It also depends if you are standing or ducking and whether attack hits high or low.

Overheads for example can't blocked when ducking, and some low specials like Mileena's low Sai throw can't be blocked when standing and must always be blocked low.

Yeah I know, but kitanas charge thing just seems to ignore my block no matter if I'm standing or crouching. She just always runs up my chest and stabs me in the eyes

T.O.P

Banned
Ok i think i'm done playing ranked

I just tried to keep up as much as i could today, 15 matches, 13 grey ping and 2 reds

Is anyone up for some players matched tonight? Italy or at least near my location? just ONE decent match would do :(

Best new costumes.

I really like these 3 costumes.
Sonya and Reptiles are much better then their standard costumes.

We got one Klassic Ninja this update, 3 more updates to go, and 3 more Ninjas.

I really like Mileena and Sonya costumes

Sub zero would be cool if I had the scorpion skin to match but I didn't preorder from gamestop.

Oh god I hope they don't make MK4 reptile the classic skin we get for him.

OmegaDL50

Verified my Steam cache after the 15GB update.

Dead Woods stage is STILL fucked up.

In both the regular and red versions. Nasty square-like graphical artifacts everywhere yet every other stage does not have this issue.

Edit: So apparently over at Testyourmight this says problem doesn't exist if you go backwards to Catalyst 14.9 (the patch before Omega). Why the hell would I want to lose the benefits that came with Catalyst Omega just to fix some stage issue.

Shifting the blame saying it's an ATI issue and not a the issue with the update. Newsflash. I didn't have these problems on Dead Woods PRIOR to the patch on Catalyst Omega, so ATI isn't the problem here.

J Range

2 questions

What is the best way to punish people who us you and stand right over your body as you're on the ground? I used to wake up attack the flash kick with cage but it doesn't seem to work in mk10 and i take tons of unnecessary damage.

2- how do I combo break

OmegaDL50

2 questions

What is the best way to punish people who us you and stand right over your body as you're on the ground? I used to wake up attack the flash kick with cage but it doesn't seem to work in mk10 and i take tons of unnecessary damage.

2- how do I combo break

Combo Breakers require two bars of meter, It's block+Forward during a combo.

Top Bottom