• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Azzawon

I'm not, but they'll probably process it through the night and do it by courier. I've noticed they've been doing that a lot more over the past few months, rather than use Royal Mail.

Ah I see, it's been a while since I've used Amazon for physical preorders (over a year I think) so that might explain it!

Does anyone know if Goro is actually a pre-order bonus or if the code is just packed in with first shipment of the game? I really want to buy this but my backlog is so big right now I'm planning on waiting to finish some of the games I already have.

Slaythe

If you're playing on ps4 make sure to include your region as the game is region locked.

-____-

So if anybody is in europe with a US copy let me know, so I can at least play online once with somebody else.

What a shit move.

anyone figured out how the faction kills work?

Wiki said:
Faction Kill is a finisher introduced in Mortal Kombat X. It is a different form of the classic Fatality.

The player is given access to a Faction Kill by performing well for their respective faction. Each faction has their own Faction Kills that are different from one another.

Is faction wars beyond just "stuff you do gets you points"?

Like is there an online mode where its factions vs factions, like deeper than just an in the background feature?

Moff

Yes.
Do the input when you would normally do a fatality.

All 3 factions kills I could do had to be done from far away.

ah ok, I'll try again, I thought your faction must have won the last contest to do them. is there any benefit to that?

ScOULaris

Has anyone figured out what the specific requirements are in order to be able to finish with a Brutality? Doesn't look as simple as just landing the move as the last hit of the match.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Got my shipping notification from Gamefly. Alright!

Emouse

Has anyone figured out what the specific requirements are in order to be able to finish with a Brutality? Doesn't look as simple as just landing the move as the last hit of the match.

It's different for each brutality/character, sometimes it's do a certain move at the end of the match from a certain range, or sometimes it's finish a match with a certain move after doing it 3 or 4 times in a match

If the final boss ends up being
Shinnok
than that's lame. He is the most plain and boring out of all the MK big bads. Would rather have somebody intimidating like Onaga or have Shao Khan back.

As long as the move does enough damage to kill, the Brutality will be performed.

EDIT

Or not!

Nemesis_

It usually says in the Move List. Each one has a different requirement.

One of Kitana's requires her to have her Assassin variation and her fans sharpened for the final hit. Once you've got them sharpened, performing one of her Assassin-exclusive moves (I can't remember which) will initiate the Brutality.

Another of Kitana's just requires you to hold down one of the directional inputs while you do the move. It'll automatically turn into a brutality.

tariniel

Maybe this has already been addressed, but I was watching a stream the other day of a guy (maxmillian) that seemed to already have MKX but they couldn't show it on stream. So while they played some other sub zero platformer on stream, the other guys would be playing MKX offscreen.

At some point the guy playing this sub zero platformer said 'this game's controls are ass' and the person playing MKX said 'just like MKX's online' and the chat went nuts with 'shots fired' etc.

So is it known that the game doesn't have great netcode or is laggy? That is seriously the only dealbreaker to me. Maybe I'm reading too far into it.

Marvel

could never
X-Rays performed on Maleena

e1jlHVa.png

Dat skull.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but I was watching a stream the other day of a guy (maxmillian) that seemed to already have MKX but they couldn't show it on stream. So while they played some other sub zero platformer on stream, the other guys would be playing MKX offscreen.

At some point the guy playing this sub zero platformer said 'this game's controls are ass' and the person playing MKX said 'just like MKX's online' and the chat went nuts with 'shots fired' etc.

So is it known that the game doesn't have great netcode or is laggy? That is seriously the only dealbreaker to me. Maybe I'm reading too far into it.

its region locked, people arent happy about that. that might be what it refers to

Septic360

Banned

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

Oh please no!! Nooooo!

Btw, are you telling me I can't play with my cousin because he's out of the region?

Even private games can't be played out of region??!

Vibrant

Banned

Its been confirmed by several people that the netcode isn't good.

Khezu

A lot of people who have it say the netcode is similar to that of Injustice.
Which is really bad.

A few people have said it was better.

Probably going to wait until release when everyone has it, but I wouldn't expect much.

Kinsei

Banned

Max has said the online play is shit on Twitter. He played the X1 version, but I doubt it's any better on PS4 and PC.

Which is really bad.

Probably going to wait until release when everyone has it, but I wouldn't expect much.

Am i crazy or does MKX seem really multiplayer/community focused?

Howd they mess that up?

Xevren

Which is really bad.

My take as well, it would be great if the online is solid. But NRS has yet to come through with any of their games online so whatever.

tariniel

Max has said the online play is shit on Twitter. He played the X1 version, but I doubt it's any better on PS4 and PC.

Well shit. It's baffling to me that such an important part of the game (the MOST important part to a lot of people) isn't up to snuff. Oh well, maybe they'll patch it sometime and I'll pick it up then.

Only reason I am not upset is because I did not buy the game. Cant get upset with the netcode for free! My brother and I share digital games on xbox one. He decided to buy this one so both of us can play it.

Majestad

Banned
Well shit. It's baffling to me that such an important part of the game (the MOST important part to a lot of people) isn't up to snuff. Oh well, maybe they'll patch it sometime and I'll pick it up then.

How about you do what smart people do: wait for more (way more) opinions to get a general consensus, as opposed to go by what the first few random dudes say. The game is not even officially out ffs.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You cant judge the netcode with only a handful of active players. The game isn't even out yet. Li Joe said he and Art had some very playable matches. If youre in cali playing against someone in germany of course the netcode is going to be shit. At least wait for the game to be out before making that call.

styl3s

Has anyone by any chance gotten their Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition early? I still have time to get it delivered tomorrow but i want to know the quality of the Scorpion statue/figure before i drop $150

RM8

Do we know if PC will be region locked too? That'd be awful :( How come they can even get away with this?

I don't see how anyone can say its shit I've been playing since Friday with little to no problem. Most I've encountered is a little button lag at the most.

I don't see how anyone can say its shit I've been playing since Friday with little to no problem. Most I've encountered is a little button lag at the most.

Different people have different opinions on what is good or bad. MK9 online was good enough for me. But tournament level players generally thought it was terrible.

Top Bottom