• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Tubie

This game kinda snuck up on me.

Will go pick it up from the store tomorrow for sure. I usually just play solo or with friends when they come over, but it would be nice if the online portion of it was good.

I had only terrible experiences with MK9 on PS3 online.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
So I'm going to pick up a Hori stick for the PS4.

I have the first gen 360TE stick modded with the PS3. U have to start the game with the PS4 gamepad, then plug in the stick and its recognized as legacy. I have to leave the gamepad constantly on the entire session in order for the stick to work.

I also have a small problem with diagonal. Not sure if it effects my gameplay, but I noticed in King of the Hill mode, when it's time to rate, I cant hit the numbers on a diagonal. Hard to explain but it doesn't pick up on those movements.

Also just noticed that I have bought a really high amount of wb games this generation it's like at least 50% of the games I own. They are proving to be a powerhouse of a publisher

Manu

GenuineBewitchedGander.gif

Nice.

Contributing:

J0eiGT7.gif

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I ordered this from shopto yesterday. I got a purchase confirmation email but my order still says order pending on their site, and I'm worried this might not come tomorrow especially since I haven't had an email saying it's been dispatched. Am I just being paranoid or should I be worried?

This game is going to have a midnight release, right? The thirst is real!

MyEpitomeCliché;159938326 said:
This is a huge bummer for me. I loved the 300 level one from the last game, and how difficult it got. I've finished the story mode in MKX and mostly enjoyed it, and the Krypt concept is really neat, but I'm going to miss the more elaborate single player Tower. I haven't gone online with the game yet, so maybe the Living Towers will scratch the itch more than I think.
The arcade tower will be offline but the dynamic challenge towers are online only.
Nice.

Contributing:

J0eiGT7.gif

So...I'm going to let you master Ermac and then teach me your ways, ok? ;P Is that your favorite variation? Or are you still bouncing between them to see what you like best? I need to go back and check the archive for the stream that showed his variations.

Manu

This game is going to have a midnight release, right? The thirst is real!

The arcade tower will be offline but the dynamic challenge towers are online only.

So...I'm going to let you master Ermac and then teach me your ways, ok? ;P Is that your favorite variation? Or are you still bouncing between them to see what you like best? I need to go back and check the archive for the stream that showed his variations.

That's Master of Souls. So far it's my favorite variation. And it's strange because when Ermac was revealed I thought I'd be playing Mystic all the way since it's the variation that reminds me of MK9 the most, but I'm finding myself using Master of Souls a lot more and getting better results with it.

Demoskinos

Everyone is talking about mains already. Am I the only one who is going to just do story first to get a feel of everyone then decide after that?

NovaCross

Neo Member
Everyone is talking about mains already. Am I the only one who is going to just do story first to get a feel of everyone then decide after that?

Yeah considering some if not most people play differently now with the three fighting styles, it's good to experiment with each and every one till you find someone you enjoy!

That's Master of Souls. So far it's my favorite variation. And it's strange because when Ermac was revealed I thought I'd be playing Mystic all the way since it's the variation that reminds me of MK9 the most, but I'm finding myself using Master of Souls a lot more and getting better results with it.
How often do you find yourself switching between different variations of a single character? Or do you just stick to one?

I'm not 100% deciding on anything, but certain characters are definitely jumping out at me due to be the type of play style I generally lean towards. But, usually with fighting games, there's one character I had no interest in that becomes one of my favorites after trying them out.

Manu

How often do you find yourself switching between different variations of a single character? Or do you just stick to one?

Sticking to one mostly, but I like to mix it up a bit every once in a while since some things like Brutalities are exclusive to a variation (not all of them though.)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Definitely going to be messing around in training first. All those characters with three styles each means it might take a little while to find the right one!

zlatko

Banned
For those of you getting sticks:

I DO NOT RECOMMEND The Hyabusa for PS4. V4.

There is NO jack for a mic. So you will be forced to sign on under two PS4 accounts, one to chat in a party, and the other to use your stick. 100% atrocious.

To add to that, the buttons are junk tier. When I play USF4 on PC, and if I hit a button, I have noticed more often than not it will show the input for that button comes out more than once if I have training mode inputs on to monitor it. The buttons are also squeaky as all shit.

Last, but not least, is the stick. It's meh tier. It seems to roll right past left/right/up/down inputs, or falls short. I've been a stick user for I don't know how many years at this point, but on a TE2. I NEVER had these issues on a MadCatz product.

$225.00 down the drain, but I'm stuck with it. *sigh*

With the report that the netcode is garbage and the fact that there's no preload for Steam, and the fact that I will be waiting until 6PM tomorrow to play, I'll probably be waiting MKX out until at least the weekend. The whole 'but you lose out on Goro' thing is just a trap to make people unwisely invest before anyone knows if the game is actually good or not.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ermac in over Rain... what is this nonsense.

Ermac is cool, but the purple ninja has been cooler since UMK3

With the report that the netcode is garbage and the fact that there's no preload for Steam, and the fact that I will be waiting until 6PM tomorrow to play, I'll probably be waiting MKX out until at least the weekend. The whole 'but you lose out on Goro' thing is just a trap to make people unwisely invest before anyone knows if the game is actually good or not.

Where are the reports the net code sucks?

Where are you reading this? I heard a few reports saying otherwise yesterday.

JackEtc

Where are you hearing this?

Stuff like this and the fact that reviews STILL haven't dropped has me worried....are we really not gonna get reviews until the game is out?

Re: Hayabusa stick

You can easily replace the buttons on that. Most people do.

The Santa vs hayabusa stick debate has equal backers on each side. I don't think there's anything technically wrong with your stick. If there is, send it back.

zlatko

Banned
Re: Hayabusa stick

You can easily replace the buttons on that. Most people do.

The Santa vs hayabusa stick debate has equal backers on each side. I don't think there's anything technically wrong with your stick. If there is, send it back.

This thing is not mod friendly. I already opened it up when I was going to change the gate to an octo instead of a square, and it can't be done without sawdering.

Can't send it back now since it is voided once you open.

I may try to change the buttons since I kept my TE ones.

I'm dying to know, are there any competitive players that prefer controllers to sticks?

I just can't get into using fighting sticks. Is there an undeniable superiority to the control scheme, or is it a throwback to arcades and purely preferential?

I wouldn't call the net code garbage. More like in need of a patch or two. And Goro is actually pretty good.

Meia

Looks like a broken combo to me . . .

Even if it is, it does so little damage compared to other legit ones I've seen that it really doesn't matter much. Hell, the guy in the Twitch tournament was routinely getting 40%s...

NEO0MJ

It just means which ones they're most looking forward to. There's always that character that catches your eye and you become so interested in trying them out first. Whether or not you actually stick to them is another matter.

Even if it is, it does so little damage compared to other legit ones I've seen that it really doesn't matter much. Hell, the guy in the Twitch tournament was routinely getting 40%s...

It's probably more about being frustrating than damaging. I do not want to be caught in something like that.

I was planning on using the Master of Souls variation first good to hear that you are finding it working out well. Have you played with all 3 yet? Any comparisons you can give if you have the time?

Top Bottom