• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I played MK9 for the first time yesterday and it took me 9 hours to complete. Hour of that was probably ShaoKhan though. :(

MK9 story gmhas about 6 hours worth of content providing you can beat all the fights first time around.

I played it recently and I've finished the story about 6 or 7 times

Nemesis_

I think the original Mortal Kombat (reboot) took about 4 to 7 hours to complete depending on how good you were. There were a heap of road blocks though, including some pretty unreasonable / unfair boss battles and some ridiculous tag battles.

I agree that Ed Boon's promise of the final boss being a surprise ultimately amounted to nothing ._.

Test your Luck is godlike for local play, that really is good for some laughs. (every match then has random modifiers, think double damage, slow-mo or even big bubbles in the stage that capture you....)

Can't answer most of your other questions though...

honestly that sounds like the kind of dumb im looking for

I just hope there's nothing like the bullshit Shao Kahn fights in this game's story mode. Would prefer if there was nothing like the Goro and Kintaro fights either.

Kinsei

Banned
I think the original Mortal Kombat (reboot) took about 4 to 7 hours to complete depending on how good you were. There were a heap of road blocks though, including some pretty unreasonable / unfair boss battles and some ridiculous tag battles.

I agree that Ed Boon's promise of the final boss being a surprise ultimately amounted to nothing ._.

Outside of the Liu Kang v Shao Kahn fight, which bosses were unreasonable?

Nemesis_

Is there a Chapter List anywhere and does it mention who is playable?

Outside of the Liu Kang v Shao Kahn fight, which bosses were unreasonable?

I might be remembering this wrong but wasn't there a Goro or Kintaro battle that was pretty fucking hard? But I admit I was mainly referring to the Shao Kahn battle.

Hey for the iPhone app, has anyone had trouble connecting in the last 2 days? Keeps telling me it can't get my online profile and I have to go offline.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there a Chapter List anywhere and does it mention who is playable?

I might be remembering this wrong but wasn't there a Goro or Kintaro battle that was pretty fucking hard? But I admit I was mainly referring to the Shao Kahn battle.

Goro and Kintaro had such long recovery after their powerful moves that I never found them to be a problem, not even the tag team fight where you have to take on both at once as Cyber Sub-Zero.

Hell, just beating Shao Khan on the Ladder at Medium difficulty was a painful experience. As long as MK:X doesn't have any bullshit of that magnitude in it's Story, I'll be satisfied.

BearPawB

Banned
Mk 9 took me about 8 hours.
I'm not great at the game so i died a lot.
Those 1v2s and shao fights could take quite awhile.

People are forgetting how short the story mode in MK9 was. Anyways, can you pre load the game on Steam?
The games have definitely gotten shorter, Mk9 was around 6-7 hours and Injustice was more like 5. I don't mind a shorter game if they have trimmed out some of the throwaway fights.

Unless things have changed in the past few hours it doesn't seem like there is a steam preload.

Dr. Buni

You can't. People have been complaining about it in this thread.
Bummer.
The games have definitely gotten shorter, Mk9 was around 6-7 hours and Injustice was more like 5. I don't mind a shorter game if they have trimmed out some of the throwaway fights.

Unless things have changed in the past few hours it doesn't seem like there is a steam preload.
I am not saying MKX isn't shorter, I am saying there is no way MK9 was 8 hours long.

BiggNife

Really really hoping the PC port is better this time around. I was playing MK9 PC last night and it still randomly crashes from time to time despite getting a bunch of patches. I almost bit the bullet on the BundleStars deal but decided I wanted to see if High Voltage actually learned their lesson first.

BearPawB

Banned
Bummer.

I am not saying MKX isn't shorter, I am saying there is no way MK9 was 8 hours long.

and you have people in this thread, who completed the game as recently as this week (including me) telling you it took them exactly that long

Lord Phol

For some people it definetly could, but that has more to do with the difficulty spikes than actual content. The cutscences were only about ~2 hours and every chapter had about 4-5 fights (except the last one which had less). There were 16 chapters so that would be ~64 fights. If every fight takes you 2 minutes to beat that's 128 minutes of gameplay. Which should make the whole story mode about 4-5 hours long. If you are stuck on both Shao Kahn fights for an hour each than you're suddenly up to 7 hours.

Really really hoping the PC port is better this time around. I was playing MK9 PC last night and it still randomly crashes from time to time despite getting a bunch of patches. I almost bit the bullet on the BundleStars deal but decided I wanted to see if High Voltage actually learned their lesson first.

I recently (last week) put almost 20 hours in MK9 again. Not one crash or issue. Matter of fact I never had it crash on me since launch. Didn't have any issues with Injustice either.

Hasney

I recently (last week) put almost 20 hours in MK9 again. Not one crash or issue. Matter of fact I never had it crash on me since launch. Didn't have any issues with Injustice either.

Mine still goes down now and again. The biggest complaint with the PC version was making the netcode even worse though. then obviously HVS's track record with everything they touch.

BiggNife

...good for you? I had it crash on me a few times in the past couple days, including one time where I put my game on pause for ~10 minutes to take care of something away from my computer only to come back and see the game had crashed despite literally nothing happening. So I'm not going to trust High Voltage until I'm proven otherwise.

I am in the US. Wondering if I can buy the game on Hong Kong store and play on my xbox one?

Tried this last week with dark souls 2. Used to do it all the time. When i did it this time the purchase didnt complete and i had trouble signing in for like 20 mins. Tried the new zealand store though.

Idk if it works anymore.

pahamrick

I think the only issue I ever had was with Injustice, and that was if you set the shadows all the way to max it made the game play in slow motion. Turning that down one notch fixed it, and everything played perfect.

Never had a crash in either.

I also never played multi, so I can't comment on how shit the netcode was for me.

Tried this last week with dark souls 2. Used to do it all the time. When i did it this time the purchase didnt complete and i had trouble signing in for like 20 mins. Tried the new zealand store though.

Idk if it works anymore.

Ive had an xbox one since launch and I have heard of people doing it for major releases. Just never looked into how to actually make it happen. If anyone has any luck please send some info my way :D

Nemesis_

So let me get this straight

Each character has

2 Fatalities
5 Brutalities

But on top of that there are Faction Kills? Are these similar to fatalities? Are they unique to each character? Or are they unique to each faction? So a faction kill for the White Lotus Sonya Blade would be different to a faction kill for the Black Dragon Sonya Blade?

Marvel

could never

Each character has

2 Fatalities
5 Brutalities

But on top of that there are Faction Kills? Are these similar to fatalities? Are they unique to each character? Or are they unique to each faction? So a faction kill for the White Lotus Sonya Blade would be different to a faction kill for the Black Dragon Sonya Blade?

They are Fatalities yes, different to each Faction.

And yes a Black Dragon FK is different to a WL FK. I believe within each Faction there are multiple ones you can use.

Nyx

Each character has

2 Fatalities
5 Brutalities

Faction kills are unique to each faction.
Think there are 5 or so per faction.

A question I have myself is.... when do you use a brutality?

Top Bottom