• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

zlatko

Banned
So is the embargo up? Can people stream it now?

I want to get the dirt on this netcode situation now that it's more in the wild for people to play.

Korezo

Is subzero good in this game? Is there any videos of high lvl subzero play. If I like how he fights I might get the game since he's the only character in this roster I even like.

Khezu

Is subzero good in this game? Is there any videos of high lvl subzero play. If I like how he fights I might get the game since he's the only character in this roster I even like.

The Grandmaster variation, the one with the Ice Clone, is apparently really really good.

So the game the goro pack and the update is installed but everytime i try to download the Kombat Pack i get an error what can i do here i can only access it through the webstore ...

tariniel

How about you do what smart people do: wait for more (way more) opinions to get a general consensus, as opposed to go by what the first few random dudes say. The game is not even officially out ffs.

Of course I will. But my expectations are lowered. I'll keep reading impressions and such for a few weeks and see how it goes. If the PC netcode is like Injustice then I will probably pass, if it's better I'll probably buy it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Bummer to hear about the shitty netcode stuff going around. Sure hope it gets fixed up asap. Still buying this day one of course. I have faith they will get the netcode working right.

Nemesis_

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I jumped on for a few matches and they seemed fine. There was a tiny bit of button lag but by no means anything game breaking like I've experienced in other games.

XBO version here. Australia. I can't find the people I was playing with so I can't really confirm where they were but given the timeline I'd assume they were here in Australia too given how well it ran.

I'm tryin to decide if I want to buy this or not. Is it just me, or is this game a lot less colorful/visually interesting than MK9? I haven't followed it too closely.

Mask

Had this since Saturday, completed Story mode already, anything you guys wanna know?

Also, the Krypt is pretty awesome again!
It's like a grid-based first person RPG. There's even a sort-of quest to find items to unlock new areas. Haven't found the Kamidogu yet, that's the final item I need.

IKizzLE

GenuineBewitchedGander.gif

So the challenge towers are online-only? Ugghh, that sucks. I wish at least one of them was a fixed, offline tower.

This is a huge bummer for me. I loved the 300 level one from the last game, and how difficult it got. I've finished the story mode in MKX and mostly enjoyed it, and the Krypt concept is really neat, but I'm going to miss the more elaborate single player Tower. I haven't gone online with the game yet, so maybe the Living Towers will scratch the itch more than I think.

JackEtc

Man I'm so hyped for this game. Never played a lot of fighting games but I always thought MK was cool, and picked up 9 later on (the version with all the DLC) and my friends and I played FOREVER. Never was good enough to play online though haha.

Got a question for you all though: analog stick or d-pad? I had MK9 on 360 so I was mainly using stick, but now I have a PS4 with a good d-pad on the controller. What do you guys think?

Man I'm so hyped for this game. Never played a lot of fighting games but I always thought MK was cool, and picked up 8 later on (the version with all the DLC) and my friends and I played FOREVER. Never was good enough to play online though haha.

Got a question for you all though: analog stick or d-pad? I had MK8 on 360 so I was mainly using stick, but now I have a PS4 with a good d-pad on the controller. What do you guys think?

MK9 not MK8

Septic360

Banned
Okay I'm having a mini-fit here.

Thanks to my stupidity and Sony's ass backwards region policies (or whoever decided this region lock malarkey), I think I've just screwed myself up.

So I just got a US version of the game (my cousin and I share an account). But I'm in the EU.

Does that mean that I'm only allowed to play in US servers?! Its a digital copy

I know I'm being completely blonde here so forgive me. But ARGH!

Man I'm so hyped for this game. Never played a lot of fighting games but I always thought MK was cool, and picked up 9 later on (the version with all the DLC) and my friends and I played FOREVER. Never was good enough to play online though haha.

Got a question for you all though: analog stick or d-pad? I had MK9 on 360 so I was mainly using stick, but now I have a PS4 with a good d-pad on the controller. What do you guys think?

There are no diagonal inputs for MKX so you can do fine with dpad.

Dpad all day for fighters.

Not gonna lie i have put so much of my life to the NRS games i would be personally offended if the game scores low

but at the same time i hope reviews give it a good old kick for the Region lock, and more importantly without explanation, and if the netcode shitty too.

Any players with the EU copy add me from the Google Docs, i have all the good non laggy players ina groupchat if you want to play the game the serious, also anybody else with EU who is not good and wants to paly good, im always down to help in online practice, i helped a lot of newbies with injustice im sure i can do the same here

Riptwo

I'm guessing that I'm out of luck, but will a 360 Tournament Edition stick work on the PS4 version? I have some PS3 sticks too, but it'd be slick to bring the TE out of storage.

skynidas

Banned
Okay I'm having a mini-fit here.

Thanks to my stupidity and Sony's ass backwards region policies (or whoever decided this region lock malarkey), I think I've just screwed myself up.

So I just got a US version of the game (my cousin and I share an account). But I'm in the EU.

Does that mean that I'm only allowed to play in US servers?! Its a digital copy

I know I'm being completely blonde here so forgive me. But ARGH!

it's obviously not Sony's policy dude, it's the developer that decided to region lock the online. And yeah, you'll play in US servers only.

Top Bottom