• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Dr. Buni

I wouldn't mind Shang Tsung back. I want him to be a floaty though! :3

Yuuup. I thought for sure I was going to win.. (´・_・`)

Reila, shhhh, it's okay. You were only dreaming in that.

Give me the avatar, and I'll save it for when this one is done. :c
Yes, that'd be good. Speaking of Shang Tsung,
good guy Tsung in the next MK, please.

On the avatar thing
it is okay, I don't really remember what I had in mind for an avatar. We should bet again, though!

zlatko

Banned
Also, first major complaint on this game from me.

Who's the moron at NR who put the card customization options in the faction page? Good luck getting there when it is down 90% of the time.

VERY moronic decision as a game developer. It's okay to steal from Street Fighter guys...they did a LOT right. Steal from them, and make it look like your a geniuses.

ZangBa

Who's the moron at NR who put the card customization options in the faction page? Good luck getting there when it is down 90% of the time.

VERY moronic decision as a game developer. It's okay to steal from Street Fighter guys...they did a LOT right. Steal from them, and make it look like your a geniuses.

You can do it offline, in the Offline Kombat History section, so...

I've never gone to the Faction page. I normally go to Online history, you can also go to offline. Soo

Looks like Hale Berry.

My first thought. Nothing wrong with that either. :)

Yes, that'd be good. Speaking of Shang Tsung,
good guy Tsung in the next MK, please.

On the avatar thing
it is okay, I don't really remember what I had in mind for an avatar. We should bet again, though!

Yessss. After that one ending, I loved the idea of it. Especially if Liu Kang
becomes the big villain.

I'm saved!! Lol. I would definitely participate in that more, yeah. Possibly from MKX? :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I will admit the menus are a bit bare and clunky; stuff like user profile and stats, hidden many layers and tabs deep. For a game emphasizing being connected, all that stuff should be up front in the UI on the launch menu. As is typical for other fighting games these days.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Where's the new PC patch? I want classic Sub Zero

As a Sub Zero main that's the least interesting thing in the patch, don't get me wrong I want it but crash fixes, wbplay fixes etc are way more important. Getting the game playable is top priority, then they can add fluff items.

Tanya still looked kind of like that in the concept art:

w4vVxkL.png

Lol, NRS and their 3D modeling. I'm still maining her, though <3

the-flintstones.jpg

Lord Phol

New Combo With (Assassin) Kitana!

41% 1 Meter - 2 Variants

The second variant took me forever to get right, first one is easier IMO. Pretty happy with this one, feels like I'm getting a little bit better for every practice session. Enjoying both Kitana and Mileena atm!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ugh. I like the game and all but when I get kicked to desktop 2/3rds of the time when I try and get into an online match is infuriating. And when I do get into a match, it's a lag fest. Hopefully they'll continue to push out patches for the pc because this is completely unacceptable right now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. I like the game and all but when I get kicked to desktop 2/3rds of the time when I try and get into an online match is infuriating. And when I do get into a match, it's a lag fest. Hopefully they'll continue to push out patches for the pc because this is completely unacceptable right now.

I wake up pumped to play but after a few crashes and laggy games I quit upset and play something else.

ACH1LL3US

Fixed the issue with black crush on MK X on the pc!

Go to options then videi options, change brightess to 50 ( they have it set to 35 ) and gamma to 50 ( they have it at 45 ) thisnwill not add or subtract from the picture and it will be perfect!

The contrast is set to 50 already, 50 is the mid point or nuetral.point of these options. They really should have done this from the default and let people crush their blacks if they really wanted to.

Game.looks soo much better now, I can see all of the detail now :)

I guess they were trying to go for the xbox one look of over saturated colors and black crush... ugh

Femto.

So I just finished the story and
I'm disappointed that there was no explanation as to how Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao are playable in non-revenant form.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I should probably do the same, but I'm really enjoying the game! I just want to play against other people instead of bots :(

I love the game too, which is why it hurts so much that online is so broken.

OmegaDL50

I'm disappointed that there was no explanation as to how Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao are playable in non-revenant form.

So they have existing costumes as normal rather than having the player to unable to have the choice and them always being
revenants

Man I'm still getting bodied online trying to main kotal khan, at least when I do ranked matches. I need to find some faster combos to mix in when opponents are waking up

Nah, lets wait for E3, June will be a great time for bets :p

Haha, that's the most dangerous time Reila. But I accept this. xP

You see
Liu Kang/Kung Lao in a flashback. That explains the non-revenant costumes.

Edit: Goddamn! I forgot I had this avatar..

Femto.

Did you watch the credits after beating Story mode?

You see Liu Kang and Kitana again during an additional cutscene when Raiden gives them a warning.
Yeah I saw that.

So since Quan-Chi is dead, I guess they're stuck as revenants, but Scorpion and Sub-Zero were freed when Quan-Chi was only defeated. Doesn't make much sense. Trying to make sense of MK, I know lol

Man I'm still getting bodied online trying to main kotal khan, at least when I do ranked matches. I need to find some faster combos to mix in when opponents are waking up

I honestly think Kotal Khan is one of the worst characters in the game. I wanted to main him... but he's just not good.

Of course, I'm sure now that I've said that, the next major tournament winner is going to be a Kotal Khan who figured out how to just wreck shit with him.

Dr. Buni

Yeah I saw that.

So since Quan-Chi is dead, I guess they're stuck as revenants, but Scorpion and Sub-Zero were freed when Quan-Chi was only defeated. Doesn't make much sense. Trying to make sense of MK, I know lol
What does one thing have to with the other? What is important is that Quan Cheesy is dead, therefore they can't be turned back to human/edenian. And if Jax is right, it doesn't seem like Kitana even wants to

Yeah I saw that.

Jax, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero were freed from Quan Chi's influence because they were within the vicinity when Raiden did his healing spell. The rest of the revenants weren't nearby, so they weren't freed.

Trickster

Man I suck at getting out from pressure from people who just go in. People who keep attacking and keep jumping over me to start new combos. How the hell do you stop that pressure?

My quickest move has a 5 frame startup according the the ingame data, and whenever I try to jab with it between what sometimes looks to be tiny pauses in the bombardment of attacks, I am the one that get's hit instead. It's so frustrating, especially if the other guy decide to start throwing in grabs as well or if it's a character like kung jin

Only thing I can do is hope my opponent fucks up or I actually manage to get the timing right on a wakeup move after everytime I've been through the grinder

OmegaDL50

Yeah I saw that.

Also consider this.

I think Quan Chi planned it entirely to go like that. I mean he was smiling even after
his head was cut off
, In fact dare I say, he let
Sonya capture him on purpose
. Those handcuffs weren't going to do shit.

Also Quan Chi
getting killed
probably is a minor inconvenience, since he'll just pop right back up in Netherrealm, since that is what basically hell is.

So Scorpion gets the self satisfaction for
getting revenge
, while Quan Chi can secretly gloat for playing Scorpion like a fool.

Besides, dude is a Necromancer, I think something like
death
is very minor to him.

It all works out, see? :)

This prevents NetherRealm from writing themselves into a corner, so if say
Liu Kang, Kitana and whoever else become human again
. It can be done......eventually.

Femto.

What does one thing have to with the other? What is important is that Quan Cheesy is dead, therefore they can't be turned back to human/edenian. And if Jax is right, it doesn't seem like Kitana even wants to
I dig evil Kitana, it suits her.
Jax, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero were freed from Quan Chi's influence because they were within the vicinity when Raiden did his healing spell. The rest of the revenants weren't nearby, so they weren't freed.
The range of the spell didn't occur to me either, that works with me.

Also:
Who is Sareena?

Also consider this.

I think Quan Chi planned it entirely to go like that. I mean he was smiling even after
his head was cut off
, In fact dare I say, he let
Sonya capture him on purpose
. Those handcuffs weren't going to do shit.

Also Quan Chi
getting killed
probably is a minor inconvenience, since he'll just pop right back up in Netherrealm, since that is what basically hell is.

So Scorpion gets the self satisfaction for
getting revenge
, while Quan Chi can secretly gloat for playing Scorpion like a fool.

Besides, dude is a Necromancer, I think something like
death
is very minor to him.

It all works out, see? :)
That cheeky necromancer, messing with my MK favorites.

So did the new update mess up the game for any of you? I updated it and now evertime i trybto launch it i get an error screen. The rror is "CE-34878-0"

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man I suck at getting out from pressure from people who just go in. People who keep attacking and keep jumping over me to start new combos. How the hell do you stop that pressure?

My quickest move has a 5 frame startup according the the ingame data, and whenever I try to jab with it between what sometimes looks to be tiny pauses in the bombardment of attacks, I am the one that get's hit instead. It's so frustrating, especially if the other guy decide to start throwing in grabs as well or if it's a character like kung jin

Only thing I can do is hope my opponent fucks up or I actually manage to get the timing right on a wakeup move after everytime I've been through the grinder

Depends on the character but it seems hard to stop in this game without using an EX move as a lot of them will armor through it. I know I pressure hard based off meter and try to bait those moves out on wakeup.

So....uh, Im having a real bastard of a time finishing just the tutorial.

Im trying to do the takedown special move ***** and I cant seem to get the timing right.

Its the first attack in this video

Whats the trick to the timing? Ive tried doing it fast and slow but I cant seem to get it to work.

Femto.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Sareena

Basically just some chick that popped up in the Sub-Zero spin-off game. Worked for Quan Chi, then turned against him.

Character from MK Mythologies. Used to be a slave of Quan Chi and was freed by Sub-Zero. She was also playable in Armageddon. and had storyline prescence in both MK9 and MKX

Ah, thanks.

I don't remember seeing her in MK9 from story or arcade. Must have missed it.

I wonder if NRS has additional DLC planned after the combat pass that includes her or any of the other characters in the story.

Kinsei

Banned
I dig evil Kitana, it suits her.

The range of the spell didn't occur to me either, that works with me.

Also:
Who is Sareena?

Sareena is a demon first introduced in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero. She was a boss that Sub-Zero spared instead of killing and then came back during the Quan Chi boss to help you defeat him.

Fixed the issue with black crush on MK X on the pc!

Go to options then videi options, change brightess to 50 ( they have it set to 35 ) and gamma to 50 ( they have it at 45 ) thisnwill not add or subtract from the picture and it will be perfect!

The contrast is set to 50 already, 50 is the mid point or nuetral.point of these options. They really should have done this from the default and let people crush their blacks if they really wanted to.

Game.looks soo much better now, I can see all of the detail now :)

I guess they were trying to go for the xbox one look of over saturated colors and black crush... ugh

Changes nothing for me.

Top Bottom