• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I'm frustrated.

I really don't win online ever in ranked. I get matched with 100 wins, 0 losses non stop bull shit. What... am I the only scrub fucking left?

I actually hate chip on block... I try to poke out with my fastest normals and still get gang banged.

Takes forever to get a match.

I feel like I play too smart for my own sake. People mash me stupid, and I try to block and look for openings. Ugh.

I suck at pulling off combos I have practiced 9083908 times offline without issues too. Maybe I just need to face that I'm ass at this game and should stay a spectator only. :/
Come up with some online mash tech, stop trying to play smart.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Changing DNS does nothing other than possibly quicker lookup times. I don't know why people suggest this so much. If you're dropping packets etc DNS doesn't do anything.

Shit, at this point I'd try anything.

I managed to swap to Google DNS via the control panel since my Home Hub doesn't allow it.

I haven't even played online yet, excessive lag makes me too salty. Hopefully they address the netcode with some patches instead of constantly pissing on the game balance like MK9.

bodine1231

I'm frustrated.

I really don't win online ever in ranked. I get matched with 100 wins, 0 losses non stop bull shit. What... am I the only scrub fucking left?

I actually hate chip on block... I try to poke out with my fastest normals and still get gang banged.

I feel like I play too smart for my own sake. People mash me stupid, and I try to block and look for openings. Ugh.

I suck at pulling off combos I have practiced 9083908 times offline without issues too. Maybe I just need to face that I'm ass at this game and should stay a spectator only. :/

Nah,same here. My first three online matches were against guys with 100+ wins and all they did was cheesy Sub Zero slides and Scorpion teleports over and over and over. I'm trying to zone and setup combos like I would in local play but online it just doesn't work. There is simply to much delay for any type of juggle combo.

My b&b combo,that I can complete 100/100 in training/offline, I have yet to land ONCE online. Just the easy begining part (j2,b1,db1) won't connect,the timing is just so different.

Yes,it takes way to fucking long to jump into another fight.

I have had WAY more success by just zoning like crazy with Kenshi and doing simple 3 hit combos. It sucks and its boring.

Tokubetsu

Some of these fights in story mode boy god damn. You get 2-3 easy fights then they throw that characters nemesis at you and ratched the AI up like 3 levels.

Majestad

Banned
I'm frustrated.

Play in rooms as opossed of random searching. Way more fun, faster, and you get to pick who you want to fight and see their win/lose ratio.

Xevren

Using Cassie as well. But I'm not really very good. What makes her a good rush down character?

Has one of the fastest run speeds in the game, great low and overhead starters for combo's. Each variation has something unique for rush downs, either with spec op missile mixups or standing finisher resets in the others.

Demoskinos

Nah,same here. My first three online matches were against guys with 100+ wins and all they did was cheesy Sub Zero slides and Scorpion teleports over and over and over. I'm trying to zone and setup combos like I would in local play but online it just doesn't work. There is simply to much delay for any type of juggle combo.

My b&b combo,that I can complete 100/100 in training/offline, I have yet to land ONCE online. Just the easy begining part (j2,b1,db1) won't connect,the timing is just so different.

Yes,it takes way to fucking long to jump into another fight.

I have had WAY more success by just zoning like crazy with Kenshi and doing simple 3 hit combos. It sucks and its boring.

Slides and teleports are extremely punishable. Just bait them out block and retaliate.

Edzi

Is it just me, or is Kung Lao's Chain Fist combo insanely hard to pull off on a pad? I'm trying to start learning to use a pad since the game seems to work better with one, but that one combo seems like it was meant for arcade stick buttons since you have to press them so fast. Do other characters have similarly timed combos or is this just a kung lao problem?

I'm frustrated.

I'm going through the same thing man. So frustrating. The games online seems to heavily favor spamming and mashing from what I can tell. I don't really know how to improve.

zlatko

Banned
Rooms are broken on Xbone "The chat server is not available." Game is a disaster online.

Not online. And Scorpions tele is safe as hell.

I think Ermac's is even safer.

Scorpion I can at least do a throw once I block it. Ermac can tech the throw or uppercut me when I try...

AAK

I'm frustrated.

Same situation here.

But everytime I lose I go to practice mode and read up on the frame data of the moves that were mashed on me. And then I try to practice the placement and reactions to punish them.

Improvement's not gonna happen overnight since it's in our nature to forget, but it's something you stick with and iteratively improve on. But of coarse you go through all that assuming you're having fun. If you're not having fun, then yeah, there's no point.

Rooms are broken on Xbone "The chat server is not available." Game is a disaster online.

Not online. And Scorpions tele is safe as hell.
Scorpions tele is the most unsafe move on block. I faced someone a few matches ago that did nothing but that and was published every single time like it was no one's business.

Xevren

Online feels ok when I get green bars, but it just doesn't happen enough. I wish I could set some sort of filter for green only like TTT2 has :(

Dr. Buni

Online is smooth here, what isn't great is the broken matchmaking.
Not buying it anyways, I'll just buy the singular predator.

Really disappointed with them.
Do we know how much each character will cost? I want Predator as well, but whitened Tanya, whatishisname and Jason aren't worth the money.

RM8

After some playtime, I can say the massive PC patch definitely helped in my case, performance-wise. It's a shame it made things even worse for some people :/ But I've been extremely lucky in that I've never had a crash, or visual glitches - just poor performance, but that's because I'm playing this on a legit toaster (my new PC arrives next week!).

Still, it's honestly pretty hilarious that the patch was 15GB. That's roughly the size of Ultra Street Fighter IV or Super Smash Bros. for WiiU, lol. Or twice the size of Dead or Alive 5 LR. Or six times KOF XIII. You get the point :p

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Online is smooth here, what isn't great is the broken matchmaking.

Do we know how much each character will cost? I want Predator as well, but whitened Tanya, whatishisname and Jason aren't worth the money.

£4.99 each I'd guess

Everyone online on PS4 is super bad right now, go try to get your 10-in-a-row if you haven't already!

Just had a red bar match and there was still no lag lol. I've officially played 73 matches and no more than three of them had noticeable lag. If you're getting terrible connections, it's probably your connection.

Dr. Buni

I wish I could gift you everyone but Tanya, since Tanya is the only one I want, lol.
That'd be nice. But you could keep Tremor or give him to someone else.

I actually might pick Tanya eventually after I get over the fact she isn't "black" anymore for whatever reason (she isn't in the story mode, at least).

Everyone online on PS4 is super bad right now, go try to get your 10-in-a-row if you haven't already!

Just had a red bar match and there was still no lag lol. I've officially played 73 matches and no more than three of them had noticeable lag. If you're getting terrible connections, it's probably your connection.

I play Ultra and tekken on my same connection and those are fine. Its still laggy as hell on ps4 for me.

SkylineRKR

That'd be nice. But you could keep Tremor or give him to someone else.

I actually might pick Tanya eventually after I get over the fact she isn't "black" anymore for whatever reason (she isn't in the story mode, at least).

Whats up with that shit anyway?

I expected:

Mk4_mug_Tanya.jpg

MK 2011 was my first after 4.

Scorpion's teleport is only safe if he doesn't hit you with it. If the punch connects and you're blocking you can easily counter. Uppercut it a few times and watch as they stop randomly teleporting.

Shit, at this point I'd try anything.

I managed to swap to Google DNS via the control panel since my Home Hub doesn't allow it.

If the server (or route) is based on location, altering your DNS may help that. But yeah, you are very much at the "throw shit at the wall and see if anything sticks" phase of tech support.

RM8

Tanya still looked kind of like that in the concept art:

w4vVxkL.png

Lol, NRS and their 3D modeling. I'm still maining her, though <3

Top Bottom