• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Cider X

You know you've been playing this game too much online when you fail your simple bnbs in practice... That underwater effect.

Cipher

Is there any easy way I can tell who I have beaten the arcade tower with?

Extras > Kollection > Character Viewer

When scrolling through the characters it'll have an option to press Y/Triangle to view ending. The ones that have an ending are the ones you've done the tower with.

So I played my first few matches online and just couldn't adjust to the input lag/delay. Drove me insane--especially since I was playing people who I knew I could beat easily.

I'm not enjoying mkx as much as mk9,the netcode is bad but it was bad in mk9. At least in mk9 you could punish shit and the combos were much easier to do online.

Oh and fck kung Jin.

Wow the koins come flying in once you hit level 50 in every faction. If you get the dragon king set and do a faction kill you will get at least 1700 koins per match.

Demoskinos

Wow the koins come flying in once you hit level 50 in every faction. If you get the dragon king set and do a faction kill you will get at least 1700 koins per match.

Yep. That is my current focus. Done with Black Dragon, White Lotus and working on Brotherhood of Shadow right now.

So true. Glad I didn't try farming koins over the past two weeks. By the time I have enough koins for the 50 modifiers trophy, I should also reach 65 and have the platinum.

I have mixed opinions about the game atm. I love the game, do great online, but I hate losing the few times I do due to lag. It just really ruins the experience. I intend on still playing, but for how long, idk.

patchday

What are you guys saying? Are you just switching factions or something? Is there some guide I can read because I'm genuinely lost

[edit] I see, according to my profile I'm L34 in my faction

SaberVulcan

I'm not enjoying mkx as much as mk9,the netcode is bad but it was bad in mk9. At least in mk9 you could punish shit and the combos were much easier to do online.

Oh and fck kung Jin.

The netcode, for Steam version anyway, is absolute ass. Kung Jin, I have a feeling, is going to get a damage nerf at some point. He seems to be able to do way too much damage, especially after his EX move (like 38%).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is TERRIBLE tonight, I just had 3 or 4 matches in a row of unplayable lag. Ranked matches can't be locked in like this if the ping is that bad, it's just unacceptable.

I posted in the BST tread but I'm terrible at fighting games- I have a MKX premium edition PSN code that I don't want to go to waste. Id like to sell it for $70. (PayPal gift)

I'd rather save me the rage I'd endure from getting my ass kicked :lol

I'm 91-11 in ranked. Out of those losses only 1 was due to a person outplaying me and dialing my number. The other 10 was laggy shit like the Cassie that just stopped my 22 win streak. Fuck lag is frustrating.

Sigmaah

I just peeped reptiles regular moves, dude has the moveset I want in a char, a nice low, nice overhead, sweet specials.

Goddamn I need to learn his combos and starters.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
How come I am playing only ranked matches but on my record it says I've played none? On the online overview it has my stats.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm 91-11 in ranked. Out of those losses only 1 was due to a person outplaying me and dialing my number. The other 10 was laggy shit like the Cassie that just stopped my 22 win streak. Fuck lag is frustrating.

Tonight was loaded with stuff like this, absolute mess of lag.

malfcn

187MB update for MKX.
JASON.

Nope. What was it?
It all made sense.

Jason has played 187 matches, 187MB patch..187 is for murder.

zlatko

Banned
Went to the lab hard with Reptile tonight in Noxious variation.

I grinded me some combos, and you know what? I feel like I have to work 50X harder for less than say Takeda or Kung Jin combos. I also feel like I have to spend more meter constantly.

I haven't tested him yet in a long set of online matches to see if everything else will make him better than either of those two characters for example. I know that quick overhead is great, and his low comes out fast as well.

He's damn fun though. :)

Does Ermac have a limited combo list or something, because that prolonged stun (where he hangs you upside-down midair) is kind of ridiculous if there isn't something limiting someone from easily setting up a chain?

Does Ermac have a limited combo list or something, because that prolonged stun (where he hangs you upside-down midair) is kind of ridiculous if there isn't something limiting someone from easily setting up a chain?

You can only do it once in a combo. If you do it again, he slams the opponent to the ground. It's also highly punishable when blocked.

The netcode, for Steam version anyway, is absolute ass. Kung Jin, I have a feeling, is going to get a damage nerf at some point. He seems to be able to do way too much damage, especially after his EX move (like 38%).
His bojustu needs a nerf let's clarify. :p his other two variations are perfect. Don't destroy ancestral nrs!

He can only do it once in a combo. It's no better than Sub-Zero's ice ball or Scorpion's spear. Worse in a way, even, because you have to continue your combo with an aerial attack instead of being able to use whatever attack does the most damage.

Oddly, that move arguably makes a better combo ender than a combo extender because if you do nothing and let your opponent just fall, he takes 10% unscaled damage.

You can only do it once in a combo. If you do it again, he slams the opponent to the ground. It's also highly punishable when blocked.

Yeah, I figured as much. Nobody needs that much time to setup a combo, though, haha.
He can only do it once in a combo. It's no better than Sub-Zero's ice ball or Scorpion's spear. Worse in a way, even, because you have to continue your combo with an aerial attack instead of being able to use whatever attack does the most damage.

Oddly, that move arguably makes a better combo ender than a combo extender because if you do nothing and let your opponent just fall, he takes 10% unscaled damage.
Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info, guys!

I think my Kombat Pass is borked. It shows up in my add-ons under MKX, but it's not letting me download the Samurai Pack for free (comes ups as $3.99). I tried restoring licenses, but I'm getting the dreaded error message. Thought I'd ask here first if anyone else has had a similar issue before I contact Sony/WB.

Somehow got a round over on an Ermac I had a 4% chance of beating, but he showed me who was boss in the subsequent matches. Must have let me win.

malfcn

Don't mind my whine fest, but that tap tap combo with Raiden that electrocutes you and then electrocutes you from the other side is utter trash.

Top Bottom