• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RM8

For all the (justified) bashing of the netcode, it beats USFIV in one aspect: no country flags. Why, you ask? Because a lot of people leave the session as soon as they see a Mexican flag :( We're clearly on dial-up, Mexico can't possibly have decent Internet. It's mostly Canadians who do this, too, it's funny because players from countries that are actually far away like South Korea and Japan don't mind playing against us.

This was known probably a week in already. xP

It's mostly Canadians who do this, too, it's funny because players from countries that are actually far away like South Korea and Japan don't mind playing against us.

I don't believe this.

Every time I get pit up against a Japanese player, they leave once I arrive. The only time this didn't happen was when I played JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Capcom).

But I agree about having no flags, it helps out a lot in getting matches in.

OmegaDL50

For all the (justified) bashing of the netcode, it beats USFIV in one aspect: no country flags. Why, you ask? Because a lot of people leave the session as soon as they see a Mexican flag :( We're clearly on dial-up, Mexico can't possibly have decent Internet. It's mostly Canadians who do this, too, it's funny because players from countries that are actually far away like South Korea and Japan don't mind playing against us.

I would think this would also factor into player ignorance too. I mean the requirements for online clearly state (Broadband internet required). If anyone quits out of the session on the assumption that the other person is using dial up, that just sounds like they simply don't know any better are making a stupid snap judgement.

And if people think players on PS4 and XB1 are using dial up online when there clearly there isn't any means of using an RJ11 phonejack for either console...well that's just being completely stupid.

To be fair here in Mexico many do have horrible internet. Hell most of the time I have a better connection with US/Canada people than other random Mexicans in other games.

The worst is ranked matches in mkx. They need to take up on sf4 ranked system because I'm sick of getting matched up with people with no wins or new people . That's why I usually don't play ranked match

The worst is ranked matches in mkx. They need to take up on sf4 ranked system because I'm sick of getting matched up with people with no wins or new people . That's why I usually don't play ranked match

We don't like getting matched with you either! They could definitely stand to make the matchmaking a bit more intelligent.

OmegaDL50

DSP is such a toolbag. He literally got hit with the same d3 overhead mixup ten times in a row.

To think this guy used to play competitive Super Turbo too, won the Super Turbo championship at EVOEast in back in 2007 too.

It makes it insulting when I used to attend Super Turbo tournaments at NEC for a few years until I retired due to my reflexes no longer being able to handle the game at the speed it's played competitively, and DSP acts like this.

You'd almost think he wasn't Super Turbo tourney champ with that kind of attitude.

KorrZ

So why am I fighting guys with 470 wins and 20 losses for my first fights in MKX online?

Do yourself a favour and forget the ranked matchmaking for now. It's pretty garbage like that. Go into the rooms instead and you can pick people who are more your win/loss ratio to fight. It'll do some matchmaking for you while you're searching too but at least you can decline if it pops up with a ridiculous win/loss guy like that.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
To think this guy used to play competitive Super Turbo too, won the Super Turbo championship at EVOEast in back in 2007 too.

It makes it insulting when I used to attend Super Turbo tournaments at NEC for a few years until I retired due to my reflexes no longer being able to handle the game at the speed it's played competitively, and DSP acts like this.

You'd almost think he wasn't Super Turbo tourney champ with that kind of attitude.

Imagine how big of a chode you have to be for the FGC to tell you to fuck off.

BiggNife

So why am I fighting guys with 470 wins and 20 losses for my first fights in MKX online?

Because matchmaking is fucked and it has been since launch.

My first 60-70 matches in ranked were all against people with way higher and better W/L records than me (records like 200/30 and 125/10) who destroyed me and now all of a sudden I'm constantly being matched with people with records like 0-0 and 0-5 and 5-58 and I'm just steamrolling them.

Keep taunting me MKX....

11119096_10152990557091977_6072324943564928314_o.jpg

vg260

Are there any costume unlocks that require tower grinding with your choice of character?

Wondering if it might be worth using that glitched Ermac variation where you can get a full meter in seconds before they fix it.

OmegaDL50

Did this. Got...nothing. What'd I do wrong?

Log out from WBPlay and then log back in. That's how I got it.

Are there any costume unlocks that require tower grinding with your choice of character?

Wondering if it might be worth using that glitched Ermac variation where you can get a full meter in seconds before they fix it.

You should be able to get at least one costume each for clearing klassic tower for every character in the game and seeing their Arcade Ending.

zlatko

Banned
Tried to do my Reptile combos online today. Got rekt.

I couldn't do his simple back 2, forward 2, 1, 1+2... the 1+2 would never come out.Ugh.

Offline I can hit this 100/100 times---add some online delay and I can go fuck myself. I think I'm cursed to just be a Takeda player no matter how hard I try he pulls me back in!

Log out from WBPlay and then log back in. That's how I got it.

You should be able to get at least one costume each for clearing klassic tower for every character in the game and seeing their Arcade Ending.

Hmmm. Nope. Didn't work. Does it get emailed to you or something? Is it available in Canada? This is the screen I get when I log in...

Not a lot of options of things to click on.

NastyBook

OMFG Is anybody watching this top MKX stream on Live from Playstation? He spams grabs with Jacqui, gets wrecked, then RAGES.

MILEMA! MILEMA! MILEMA! MILEMA!

vg260

I already have all the costumes from the Krpyt, so I think I have everyone's second already. Just trying to unlock the rest as easily as possible.

Hmmm. Nope. Didn't work. Does it get emailed to you or something? Is it available in Canada? This is the screen I get when I log in...

Not a lot of options of things to click on.

i'm in Canada and I have it. I got it on release day by just logging in to my preexisting WB account that I set up for Injustice.

huh? Jason isn't known for being tall or abnormally muscular. Predator is 7'.

I never said anything about mascularity. Jason is pretty tall, around 6'5"

And I know this about Predator's height.

Edit: That's a thing I wish MK had, noticeable size differences in height. Everybody is about the same height and even when you know they can be taller, they have their stance that causes them to be inline with others. Ex: Grundy or Ferra/Torr

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
most jason actors are 6' to 6'3". while tall, shouldn't tower over other characters.

OmegaDL50

So am I too late? That'd be odd since the game has barely been out for 2 weeks. Where did you find the code (assuming it's a dlc code you got)?

It's not a code.

There should be an option to login to WBPlay within the game. Not at website.

You login your WBPlay account in-game and it should do the trick. This entirely depending you actually have a WBPlay account to begin with.

i'm in Canada and I have it. I got it on release day by just logging in to my preexisting WB account that I set up for Injustice.

It's not a code.

There should be an option to login to WBPlay within the game. Not at website.

You login your WBPlay account in-game and it should do the trick. This entirely depending you actually have a WBPlay account to begin with.

Alright. Figured it out. I didn't have my PS4 linked to the WBPlay account. Clicked square, linked the system and tah-dah!!! There's Raiden!.

most jason actors are 6' to 6'3". while tall, shouldn't tower over other characters.

My favorite Jason (Freddy vs Jason; Ken Kirzinger) is 6'5"

Also, considering this Jason is based on the reboot. That Jason played by Derek Mears is also 6'5"

I'm just saying that it should be shown. He doesn't have to be extremely tall. Predator on the other hand.. yeah.

Also, considering this Jason is based on the reboot. That Jason played by Derek Mears is also 6'5"

I'm just saying that it should be shown. He doesn't have to be extremely tall. Predator on the other hand.. yeah.

Jason should be Kotal Khans height and Predator should be pretty close to Goro

EDIT: as much as i want Predator to be really tall i dont think NRS is going to do it.

OmegaDL50

The most notable Jason, Kane Hodder was 6'4.

And Predator should be really tall.

Jason should be Kotal Khans height and Predator should be pretty close to Goro

EDIT: as much as i want Predator to be really tall i dont think NRS is going to do it.

I need to play the game again. I forgot where everyone is at in height. How is Ermac in neutral stance, I know he's floating, but that still gives him height.

Maybe they'll surprise us?

The most notable Jason, Kane Hodder was 6'4.

And Predator should be really tall.

See. Even more reason of him being tall. As why I said about 6'5" before.

Predator definitely should be.

Did he behead that guy with a slap? Or was he holding the machete?

Keven Hall who played Predator was 7'2" xP

Also, he punched him so hard that his head flew off. Lol

Well, this is a game where your head can pop off if you're punched in the balls hard enough.

It would fit right in.

You're talking to a person who loves Jason. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. xP It just makes me laugh. Although, it won't surpass the scene from Killer Klowns From Outer Space, haha.

I honestly expect his brutalities to reference his kills from the movies. :3

People, please teach me how to run properly in this game! I am trying to learn combo moves of Erron Black but the run function is avoiding me from doing the combos.

Top Bottom