• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Demoskinos

I 'dealt a blow' to the invasion boss! 30 seconds survived, 142 damage.

So is the only way to actually defeat the boss to have more health than them when the timer runs out?
Has anyone achieved this?

Is there any way of tracking how many hits you've landed on them? I feel like I should've hit 1000 by now.

They have Hundreds of thousands of hit points. You're not supposed to really beat them as much as just deal enough damage for your faction to get ahead in the war.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Anyone fight any bojutsu users ? Do the nerfs seem fair or is jin still op ?

CeeSaw

"Goro – Brutal Kick now hits overhead."

I am gonna be looking like Marn tonight while playing online.

2553566-9538917900-Fcham.gif

zoutlaw

Banned
So THAT'S why my Kung Jin was doing less damage.

I thought I was missing a normal. His standard 1 meter combo I do used to do 40%, but now does 37%.

In general he took a 3-4% nerf on most of his combos. It doesn't change much to ME as I play him, but hopefully it makes the playerbase stop screaming for a nerf on the guy lol.

Takeda buffs I didn't get to mess with...but he didn't need damage changes. He needs better normal +frames. He's not able to punish a lot of the cast in a lot of scenarios after he blocks. That's his biggest problem along with a solid wake up ex move. I wish they had fixed his ex teleport to correctly absorb and get him out of dodge on wake up. :/

THOSE KITANA BUFFS THOUGH! Shiiiiiiit. I gotta hit the lab with her again now. :D

Also, what were the other set of classic costumes again? Quan Chi, Shinnok and who else?

I still want to know what the hell Infrared Scorpion is all about.

I thought I was missing a normal. His standard 1 meter combo I do used to do 40%, but now does 37%.

If you're using one bar of meter to get 40% damage, then you're doing it wrong. Lol :p

Cyros

Also, what were the other set of classic costumes again? Quan Chi, Shinnok and who else?

I still want to know what the hell Infrared Scorpion is all about.

If you're using one bar of meter to get 40% damage, then you're doing it wrong. Lol :p

I think Infrared Scorpion was a Gamestop skin?

Edit: NVM, must be thinking of the Kold War skin.

zlatko

Banned
Played a bit earlier with a buddy and realized they did not fix my main issue with the net code. "The game session has desynchronized."

So annoying... no lag issues and them WHOMP WHOMP you're outta here son! :/

zlatko

Banned
Yo I dig that Klassic Kano costume a lot!

The Liu Kang one is ass, the Kung Lao one is ass, and the Reptile one is solid. Sonya is okay as well. Johnny Cage's is cool.

However...

Why the fuck are characters with shit tons of alts getting more fucking alts?

Give me an alternate Goro. He has only one doesn't he?

Where's more stuff for Takeda, Kung Jin, Ferra Torr, and Cassie Cage?

I want Ferra Torr to get something even more bad ass. That character is fun as hell to troll people online with. Brain dead easy 30+% combos yo!

Cyros

Yo I dig that Klassic Kano costume a lot!

The Liu Kang one is ass, the Kung Lao one is ass, and the Reptile one is solid. Sonya is okay as well. Johnny Cage's is cool.

However...

Give me an alternate Goro. He has only one doesn't he?

Where's more stuff for Takeda, Kung Jin, Ferra Torr, and Cassie Cage?

I want Ferra Torr to get something even more bad ass. That character is fun as hell to troll people online with. Brain dead easy 30+% combos yo!

I guess someone made a business decision and figured only costumes for old cast would sell and not the new 8?

Probably because they know it would sell, compared to the new characters. I also wouldn't expect costumes for the DLC characters considering MK9/Injustice. I was pretty disappointed by that.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
2 people are in the U.S. East room right now (PC)

One I have a 1% chance against
The other I have a 0% chance against

Walks out slowly...

They must have made a change with the laddering because I'm not longer getting put against guys with over 1000 wins and 0 losses while I'm over here garbage as fuck. lol

Reule

-The costumes are not part of the Kombat Pack
-I remember reading that there was going to be a Brazil Pack

MK1 Sonya is looking good, same with Kano! Seems like they went for MK2 Liu Kang, I'm fine with that. His MK1 look was way too plain. I'd like to see some alts for the new characters, specifically Kotal.
Klassic Kano, Sonya, and Liu Kang will be included in the Kombat Pack. They'll be coming with Tanya whenever she's out. You were probably referring to the Brazil Pack though. Sonya and Kano do look great. As you said, it's probably better they went with MK2 Liu Kang. Not sure if anyone really wanted black trousers only Liu.

They better have that Kold War Pack out next Tuesday. I'm dying for that Kano to be added already. Can't say I'm a fan of the Brazil Pack costumes but I may just need that Gaucho Kung Lao. I hope there is some kind of pack planned for the characters who only have one alternate costume. Maybe a Kotal Kahn Squad and Kombat Kidz pack.

A-V-B

Klassic Kano, Sonya, and Liu Kang will be included in the Kombat Pack. They'll be coming with Tanya next. You were probably referring to the Brazil Pack though. Sonya and Kano do look great. As you said, it's probably better they went with MK2 Liu Kang. Not sure if anyone really wanted black trousers only Liu.

I was kinda psyched for it, actually. Bit of a completionist and wanted the full MK1 retro experience. But it's really more of an MK3 Liu Kang :p

Kano and Sonya, though? Top shelf.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So they nerf'd my main Kung Jin... Great. Fuck you too.

Let me fucking guess though; subzero and scorpion were barely touched and are still OP as the fuck?

:|

RM8

Even though it's closer to MK2 Kang... Something looks off to me and I can't tell what. Maybe I need to see a full body pic.

A-V-B

Even though it's closer to MK2 Kang... Something looks off to me and I can't tell what. Maybe I need to see a full body pic.

It's a generic retro Kang. The sort of black trousers of MK1 with the red belt and headband of MK2 with the long hair of MK3.

BadAss2961

Ranked match is way better now with the patch. It has actual matchmaking. Finally getting good players consistently instead of just padding wins.

It's a generic retro Kang. The sort of black trousers of MK1 with the red belt and headband of MK2 with the long hair of MK3.

Definitely not MK3 hair. It's a mix of MK2 length, with the bangs of MK4.

Edit: Also, another weird thing is that they added the wrist bracers to it. They also happen to be the smallest that he's ever worn.

Aske

I hope we get an MK3 Sonya eventually, but this MK1 version is great. Reptile's new Klassic costume is his best, but that's not saying much. He should be covered in fake human skin. Don't deny him his heritage.

I'm sure new costumes for the new characters are coming. I'm loving the speed with which new content is being added to the game.

He looks more rounded in the face while the Kang of old seems more lean and stood up a bit more straight? Not sure what it could be, but those stand out a bit.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The game is a ghost town on PC, there's only 2 people in the EU room :/

They need to fix all the problems then have a big sale to boost the community.

vg260

Ranked match is way better now with the patch. It has actual matchmaking. Finally getting good players consistently instead of just padding wins.

Yeah it is much better, speaking from the other end as well. Much more reasonable matches. Too bad my record is atrocious as a result. I'm probably not as bad as it looks because of all the previous ridiculous mismatches.

Finally have all the unlockable costumes, and everything from the Krpyt in both console versions. Now to hunker down and learn some characters better. That or maybe learn KI or Xrd better which I still need to do.

dk_

Can I activate a MKX Steam key without using VPN?

Is the PC version running fine on- and offline (lags?) and how's the performance on a 970?

FaintDeftone

So I bought the PS4 version the week of release but it sat on my shelf in the shrink wrapping until last night due to me wanting to finish Bloodborne first (which I did over the weekend).

I installed the game and installed all updates, but I cannot access the story mode or multiplayer features. I selected my faction, played about 5 single matches and went through the tutorial and afterwards I still didn't have access to a lot of features like story mode or the krypt.

I looked online and saw that this happens when the game is still installing, but the PS4 dashboard says it's done and all updates have been installed, yet I still can't access crap.

What gives?

Top Bottom