• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

vazel

Banned
What the hell are all these damn bite size updates being pushed on steam for me? Whenever steam downloads something, it makes the rest of my internet crawl, but I figure I'd just let it finish...but it just keeps going!

400mb file, not bad...oh, another 400mb... another 400mb... 2.3gb.... 300mb....500mb....3.4gb...

Just make it all one fucking patch!
It's bugged. My MKX has redownloaded the full game twice in the past two days. You can check in the DLC section that the individual install packs are redownloading again. Good going HVS!

Edit: And it's trying to redownload the entire game for a 3rd time. Fuck this, I uninstalled.

Edit2: Just updating this to say it was a bug in the Steam beta client that is now fixed. So this is something that can't be blamed on HVS.

don't know when they added the item counter in the krypt, but I'm glad that it's there. too bad I unlocked something in the dead woods when I thought I had gotten everything from there and now the counter for the area is at 109/108 >.>

And now I got less than 90 items left to unlock at the shrine. this will take a while lol

TEJ

Got this game on saturday. Really fun.

I'm also very impressed by the cutscene cinematography. Very good for a videogame. The story is also pretty good. MK9 and Injustice were also good in this regard.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I see overheads. I see lows. Sweet.

PC better get a pretty good patch tomorrow or I swear to god.

WHERE MY PING BARS AT NRS? WHERE'S MY OPTION TO BACK OUT OF RANKED MATCHES WITH CRAP LAG??

DasRaven

Finally finished grinding Elder God today and picked up the platinum trophy.
This game is so great, just what I was hoping for the the MK9 sequel.
Mained Full Auto Jacqui and Slasher Jason for that rushdown goodness.

And I still have so much to finish (as an admitted completionist):
Krypt unlocks, Kombat modifiers, Character endings, and all the remaining DLC characters.

This one is firmly in the game of the forever category for me, I'll check in at least daily for new living towers to complete.

Now, if SoulCalibur can come along and fill my need for an excellent 3D fighter, I'm golden.

Just a friendly reminder to PC people: Back up your save now.

- go to /steam/userdata/[youruser]/
- copy the 307780 folder
- paste it in your downloads/documents/desktop/whatever folder

RSTEIN

I just perused the TYM forums... goddamn the opinion of MKX has really soured over the last few months. Some people are going so far to predict it will be soon be totally abandoned by the fighting community. Seems to be mostly people who haven't transitioned well from MK9.

Khezu

I just perused the TYM forums... goddamn the opinion of MKX has really soured over the last few months. Some people are going so far to predict it will be soon be totally abandoned by the fighting community. Seems to be mostly people who haven't transitioned well from MK9.

MK9 players really like MK9.

That and Kitana players are super spiteful lol.

Manu

Just checked out the Tanya thread and reactions seem mostly positive.

But yeah, some people really disliked MKX. Same thing in MKO. Most of the complaints I've seen are about the game being too much like Injustice and the stupid 50/50s that every character seems to have, the latter of which I somewhat agree with, but doesn't really hurt the game for me.

stn

I like MKX quite a bit, feel it flows much better than MK9. I do wish zoning could be just a tad stronger, though not on the level of MK9. Its such an extreme to go from a "Kabal-instant-air-fireballs-99%-of-the-cast-to-death" to heavy rushdown and mix-ups. Wish it was something a bit more in the middle. Still a great fighter, will be playing it at least until MK11 releases.

vg260

I like MKX quite a bit, feel it flows much better than MK9. I do wish zoning could be just a tad stronger, though not on the level of MK9. Its such an extreme to go from a "Kabal-instant-air-fireballs-99%-of-the-cast-to-death" to heavy rushdown and mix-ups. Wish it was something a bit more in the middle. Still a great fighter, will be playing it at least until MK11 releases.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I like it, but it's not as much my style as other games.

My girl Tanya! <3 I'm not sure what I'll be sticking with...

Also, drill kick looks boring. I was hoping for the fire effect. D:

Can't wait to use her either way!

Demoskinos

This is why I say every character deserves a chance to come back.

Everybody was hating on Tanya, now the bandwagon begins.

Well, to be fair she's from the era where Mortal Kombat was getting quite stale a.k.a MK4-Armageddon. Most of the characters from that era are pretty lame. I'd like to see them reboot someone like Havik. Now that would be a challenge. :p

Well, to be fair she's from the era where Mortal Kombat was getting quite stale a.k.a MK4-Armageddon. Most of the characters from that era are pretty lame. I'd like to see them reboot someone like Havik. Now that would be a challenge. :p

Which is why I said the first part of my post. :p

I honestly feel Havik would be quite easy to do. He's an undead cleric. That gives out quite a few options with his masochistic self. xP

Have we seen anything lately about klassic fatalities making it into the game?

Nothing except that one date mined thing. IIRC. Something about classic fatalities.

vg260

Not digging her that much, but really anything is better than the new characters introduced from MK3. I'm so glad they didn't get back in. MK3 is where they lost me.

Manu

Not digging her that much, but really anything is better than the new characters introduced from MK3. I'm so glad they didn't get back in. MK3 is where they lost me.

You know she debuted in MK4, right? Or you mean MK3 characters specifically?

vg260

You know she debuted in MK4, right? Or you mean MK3 characters specifically?

Specifically those introduced in MK3. Didn't like what they did with the game, and didn't pay much attention to anything after.

It looks like they did a good job with her, though. Just not my style and I have no character attachment..

RSTEIN

Specifically those introduced in MK3. Didn't like what they did with the game, and didn't pay much attention to anything after.

It looks like they did a good job with her, though. Just not my style and I have no character attachment..

I'm the same. I went mk1, mk2, umk3, mk9 and now mkX.

Manu

Well, most characters introduced between MK4 and Deception are pretty forgettable, but considering what they've done with Kenshi and Rain in MK9 and Shinnok and Tanya in MKX, I'd say that any character can be redeemed.

Hell, we may even get an awesome Tremor this time around. Freaking Tremor.

Cyros

I need you to not be talking bad about the homie Sektor.

vg260

Well, most characters introduced between MK4 and Deception are pretty forgettable, but considering what they've done with Kenshi and Rain in MK9 and Shinnok and Tanya in MKX, I'd say that any character can be redeemed.

Yeah, that's why I'm glad the Kombat pack has two new ones though for this reason. There's not much they could have done with the MK3 ones who were in MK9 to make me like them. I always thought the designs were bad, so better to make a generic one more interesting than salvage bad ones, imo. I guess I have a pretty strong anti-MK3 character design bias. I did like Rain in MK9 though. A water ninja is cool.

I need you to not be talking bad about the homie Sektor.

Sorry, never liked the robots :(

Top Bottom