• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

CarJeter

Neo Member
got this game on wednesday, loving it so far! better than MK9 in every way imo.

Also, fuck Inferno Scorpion. And Grandmaster Sub-Zero. Basically characters everyone complains online lol. Maining Sonya right now and I have a hard against good zoners like Kitana and lolFullauto Jacqui. Still a newbie so I hope i will learn to deal with it.

patchday

I think I'm going to practice some combos in the Training room and try some KOTH this weekend. Been offline carebearing it up with Tanya. need to get back to training with Kano

Oh btw, I recall reading bout folks maxing out all the factions? Man that must've taken a lot of effort

I actually got to play as Tanya, and I do enjoy playing as her. Which I'm glad that I do. :)

Mostly messing around with her fire/boomerang variants.

Bleepey

Mother of fuck. Did you guys see the ESL players choice final? Nivek dropped one combo and that cost him winning. Wow.

Link?

Anyhow, from watching streams and stuff, is it me or is it impossible to vary play style for character? By that I mean stuff like Grandmaster Sub with his ice clones can be played defensively or aggressively, whilst I don't think there's a Kung Lao variation that can be played defensively. Defensive play in this case being turtling, waiting to punish opponent mistakes and reacting to attacks rather than rushing down. I always liked how in SF you could play the same character totally different. I could pick Claw and regardless of matchup I could be jumping all over the place, or I could poke you and never leave the ground; I could pick Honda and eat fireballs till I get close enough to headbutt/grab/ ass stomp you. For some characters regardless of variation, if you ain't rushing down, you're doing something wrong. This however could be because you eat chip regardless if it's a normal or special and projectiles don't negate each other.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Someone here who has experience with Demolition Sonya? Keep playing Covert Ops and while I love dat Military Stance, I want to try something "new" with her. Since I have some experience with her string, its pretty easy to replace her MS with the grenades during combos.

Though a huge problem for me right now is getting new grenades after using all 3 (or even before) The only thing I can do to get enough distance is her b33,2,12 combo. Anything else?

xHiryu

Just got the game, how good is Cassie Cage and Jax? Those are the two characters I really like and would like to play, what are their best variations?

valeo

I liked Pumped Up Jax, but a lot seem to use Heavy Weapons. Depends what you like really. I find all Jax variations pretty good.

I still cant get the end move to the f212 string though - anyone got any ideas :(

Xevren

Just got the game, how good is Cassie Cage and Jax? Those are the two characters I really like and would like to play, what are their best variations?

Both good and both have good variations. Heavy weapons and Hollywood are probably the most popular for them though.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

Cassie is great. Keep in mind that any combo >20% requires a run cancel which can be difficult for newcomers.

Demoskinos

Both are pretty high tier. Cassie is tougher to play on the execution front though as most of her combos require run cancels which can be tricky to pull off.

Ugh, was playing KOTH and beat some guy so during my next match he bombarded me with non-stop friend request notifications to distract me.
I blocked him and warned people of what he did in the chat, and then he used another profile to send me messages. Blocked and reported both accounts.

And just now I was winning against someone and my X-Ray was about to finish them off when the game froze and it said the session was no longer available... I presume they rage quit, do you not get a Quitality if they quit during an X-Ray? That sucks.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Anyone else been having issues with online all weekend on ps4 ? All my other services seem fine so other than the netcode I can't see what else could be the cause. Wasn't even this bad at launch. Matches freezing and dropping left and right.

Anyone else been having issues with online all weekend on ps4 ? All my other services seem fine so other than the netcode I can't see what else could be the cause. Wasn't even this bad at launch. Matches freezing and dropping left and right.

I've had no problems online at all.

patchday

slackjaw10

Neo Member
Can't wait to get Tanya on Tuesday. Love me some teleports...

I liked Pumped Up Jax, but a lot seem to use Heavy Weapons. Depends what you like really. I find all Jax variations pretty good.

I still cant get the end move to the f212 string though - anyone got any ideas :(
Sounds like you're inputting the D2+4 too soon/quickly. Listen to the rhythm of the first three hits to get an idea of the timing.

Xevren

First time trying the online in a few weeks and holy shit I had playable matches, so dope.

ps4 peoples add me Xevren11. Really would like to play longer sets so long as the connection is good.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
First time trying the online in a few weeks and holy shit I had playable matches, so dope.

ps4 peoples add me Xevren11. Really would like to play longer sets so long as the connection is good.

Quoting so I can remember later. Who's your main ?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Anyone watch TCW finals? It was pretty good. Sonic got knocked to losers by DJT's Johnny Cage (Fisticuffs). Sonic then won losers, reset the bracket against DJT and won.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Tanya is fun, but her stance is weird like errons
And she's kinda weird to play in general. She requires too much quick-thinking which is impossible to execute online with netcode/lag. I'll stay using her every now and then offline.

Top Bottom