• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You just have to beat one of the challenge towers. Do the "Only bronze and silver characters" one and you should be fine.

I beat the second Raiden challenge tower (12 battles, silver/bronze) and got nothing for it. :/

EDIT: I see my game is failing to connect/sync to the WBID. That must be why nothing unlocked. Have had the worst luck with getting these stupid klassic costumes.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got Mileena after booting up the PS4 version. No indication on the iOS version. Is that normal?

Some kind soul on another board also shared a working WBID with Klassic Kitana. Logged onto it, got the outfit, saved, logged out, and logged back in with my ID. Now I have the outfit and can stop playing this dumb mobile game until the next outfit pops up.

When it comes to the iOS/Android game, if your question ends with "Is this a bug" the answer is yes 100% of the time. If you thought the PC version of the game was buggy, you should spend some time with the mobile version. WBID/WBPlay goes down/doesn't sync constantly.

stn

^ Same here. Just a note to Android folks: you have to update the app through the Google Store, the Raiden Challenge won't just appear on its own. I hope this is the last time NRS forces us to play a mediocre app for costumes and rewards.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
The mobile game wasn't horrible imo but I don't like the fact that they locked console kontent in it. It's a battery hog as well. Hopefully that's the last costume. I doubt it though -_-. Mileena my main so I had to have that skin.

Uncle AJ

Got an event lined up this Saturday you guys might be interested in. We’re doing a 5v5 team battle in MKX between long-time rivals Kansas City and St. Louis. Featuring KhaoticRaptor fresh off his 5th place finish at Combo Breaker, and our very own Xevren!

maxout-june20-hype.jpg

Team Kansas City
Xevren: Noxious Reptile
R.T.Y: Thunder God Raiden
StarOcean: Venomous D’Vorrah
GetThere1Time: Covert Ops Sonya
GinJeremy: War God Kotal Kahn

Team St. Louis
KhaoticRaptor: Shirai Ryu Takeda
Black Ken: Bojutsu Kung Jin
Mike Webb: Hollywood Cassie Cage
Beezibop: Grandmaster Sub-Zero
MajinBerserker: Ravenous Mileena

Scheduled start time for this battle is 8:00 PM CST on Saturday. Please spread the word in the MKX community and tell them to tune into http://twitch.tv/kcsrk!

double jump

Any tier lis
ar?

I've seen an unfinished one on tym but honestly it's not needed. The game is still so new that new things are literally being discovered everyday. Just pick a character that fits your play style and eventually you rack up wins in no time.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/opinion-on-the-what-the-current-tiers-look-like.53378/

edit:

woot ! Unlocked Hotshot Johnny and got the Respected Fighter trophy the legit way this morning. I'm too happy.
Just need to find a gold scorpion skin for ps4 and I'll have all the skins unlocked.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I am officially declaring the PC version dead. Last night in ranked I fought the same 5 people over and over again.

vg260

I am officially declaring the PC version dead. Last night in ranked I fought the same 5 people over and over again.

Hopefully SF and KI on PC with cross compatibility work properly and is the model moving forward, because otherwise, it seems difficult to maintain an active PC-only fighting game online userbase.

Triz

Ed Boon master troll, or is he.
He tweeted this:
E3 was great because we didn't have to show a new game. All I had to worry about was the secret room we were showing Terminator & Alien DLC.

double jump

He tweeted this:
E3 was great because we didn't have to show a new game. All I had to worry about was the secret room we were showing Terminator & Alien DLC.

Well
Reiko & Kotal kill a xenomorph like creature in the comic.

Reule

He tweeted this:
I'd be so happy with Terminator AND Alien DLC.

Give me Ash Williams!
Ash has a lot of potential with variations. Definitely see at least two being one with Evil Dead II Chainsaw/Sawed-Off Boomstick and Army of Darkness with Metal Gauntlet/Boomstick combo.

Well
Reiko & Kotal kill a xenomorph in the comic.
Whaaaat? Which issue?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Hopefully SF and KI on PC with cross compatibility work properly and is the model moving forward, because otherwise, it seems difficult to maintain an active PC-only fighting game online userbase.

Yeah, that is definitely a great template to follow. Obviously it doesn't help that the PC port was pretty bad to begin with.

Too bad they can't make it crossplay now!

^ I just found that, it's odd that GAF isn't talking about it :0 They're ditching HVS! That's awesome news.

the dream is dead now. a bad fighting game launch is the kiss of death for its community: fighting game fans would rather go back to a well done game than to stick it out with a broken game.

I had so many crashes, glitches, several 15 GBs patches, terrible netcode, etc. I played through the single player and maybe played 10 matches online before i had enough.

RM8

If the netcode gets any better, I hope some people come back to play :[ It happened with USFIV - the switch from GFWL to Steam ruined online play and the game was almost dead until it got fixed.

If the netcode gets any better, I hope some people come back to play :[ It happened with USFIV - the switch from GFWL to Steam ruined online play and the game was almost dead until it got fixed.

and wasn't it QLOC that handled that transition?

Seems like they're pretty good at this

double jump

Whaaaat? Which issue?

Seems I remembered incorrectly. It's not exactly a xenomorph but very similar. Heck they even fight it with fire. Nothing to get excited about although the comic is awesome in general.
Chapter 7 page 8.

Ash has a lot of potential with variations. Definitely see at least two being one with Evil Dead II Chainsaw/Sawed-Off Boomstick and Army of Darkness with Metal Gauntlet/Boomstick combo.

Yes, he definitely does. Plus just imagine all the the intros for him as well! They'd be hilarious. I could see them using Deadites and the Necronomicon in the other.

Reule

Seems I remembered incorrectly. It's not exactly a xenomorph but very similar. Heck they even fight it with fire. Nothing to get excited about although the comic is awesome in general.
Chapter 7 page 8.
Oh, okay. The comic is fantastic though especially since Kotal Kahn isn't a punk in it like he is in the game.

Yes, he definitely does. Plus just imagine all the the intros for him as well! They'd be hilarious. I could see them using Deadites and the Necronomicon in the other.
Good idea. Yeah, he definitely has the potential to have some hilarious dialogue with all the characters. If they did put him in this game, it'd be good promotion for Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz.

stn

Loving Kenshi (Balanced), feel like I can play him minus the run cancels. I spent some time doing his F32 xx RK - RC - F32 xx TF BNB, still can't get it. Got the run down, now just getting F3 to come out on time. Its tricky but I feel I'm very close to getting it down. I've always been a good zoner so I have no problems with other aspects of the character. The buffs are also great, they represent what he should have been from the beginning.

Have also been using Kano, both cybernetic and cutthroat. Pretty much have all of his stuff down, just getting it into my muscle memory now. Both variations are awesome, would recommend to anyone looking for a character that isn't complicated in terms of execution. Lastly, also using Kotal Kahn (War God). Another character that isn't too hard to use in terms of executing combos and setups.

EDIT: I'd also like to boost the Hotshot costume for XB1. I have one person who wants to do it, would anyone else like to join in?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea When tremor comes before or after predator. Hope tremor is good too

Reule

Predator should come out next week. Tremor probably around late July- early August
Hopefully. We should be due for a patch and then an announcement for an NRS stream to show off Predator.

Does Tanya not have an alternate costume? Or is it unlocked some other way than beating the standard story tower?
None of the DLC characters have alternate costumes. I'd like the Friday the 13th Part II outfit for Jason and Deception Tanya.

So I just fought this asshole that used full auto Jacqui and just shot me the whole time. People like that just deserve the worst possible punishment.

Top Bottom