• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Gonna give Tanya a few more tries in the Premier Tower before deciding if I want to buy her. Need to work on performing the air attacks including the x-ray

stn

Gonna give Tanya a few more tries in the Premier Tower before deciding if I want to buy her. Need to work on performing the air attacks including the x-ray
My advice is don't waste meter on x-rays unless its to end the match. They usually do anywhere from 30-40% damage, which pretty much every character can get with either 1 bar or meterless.

Spuck-uk

Banned
My advice is don't waste meter on x-rays unless its to end the match. They usually do anywhere from 30-40% damage, which pretty much every character can get with either 1 bar or meterless.

Scorpion has a very easy combo into X-Ray for 50% thats great considering he doen't need a lot of meter otherwise.

Sonyas X-Ray is really, really good in isolation.

I'd even argue that Ermacs can be useful as his reversals are otherwise shit

CarJeter

Neo Member
anyone here from Germany who was able to buy the DLC?

I already did an austrian account but when I want to add my credit card it doesnt let me change the country :(

Anyone been messing around with Relentless Jason?

I can't get his b1 22 b1 22 to chain. I know it's possible as I saw it at TCW and on streams last night. I seem to either catch the 1st and last hit on the second string, or whiff it entirely. Neither is reliably reproducible.

Anyone have any hot tips?

Xevren

Anyone been messing around with Relentless Jason?

I can't get his b1 22 b1 22 to chain. I know it's possible as I saw it at TCW and on streams last night. I seem to either catch the 1st and last hit on the second string, or whiff it entirely. Neither is reliably reproducible.

Anyone have any hot tips?

You are running after the first b122 right? Last hit doesnt have a great hitbox so you have to be fast to get the 2nd rep of it. So b122 run b122 b12 xx into w/e special you want, usually choke .

You are running after the first b122 right? Last hit doesnt have a great hitbox so you have to be fast to get the 2nd rep of it. So b122 run b122 b12 xx into w/e special you want, usually choke .

I'm still struggling with button timings, but running would make sense. Thanks!

Hadoukie

Well, one good thing about having the PC version is I found a way to unlock klassic Mileena through a mod. I now feel content :)

Such a great costume, dem thighs and ass make me tight in the pants.

Had this game since Friday, maining GM Sub-Zero and MoS Ermac (mainly because he kind of reminds me of Wesker) currently.

Coming off from UMVC3, the combo system/hitconfirms in this game feel very VERY different. I can't really consistently get the forward jP into standing combo string that everyone knows how to do. Ermac also seems super unsafe, is he supposed to be considered an unsafe character?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Had this game since Friday, maining GM Sub-Zero and MoS Ermac (mainly because he kind of reminds me of Wesker) currently.

Coming off from UMVC3, the combo system/hitconfirms in this game feel very VERY different. I can't really consistently get the forward jP into standing combo string that everyone knows how to do. Ermac also seems super unsafe, is he supposed to be considered an unsafe character?

go into controller options and turn off release check if you already haven't.

Hit the second attack of your combo immediately after the jump punch, as if you were comboing the two attacks while in the air. Your character will automatically do the second attack after you land.

That's how all the combo strings in your movelist work, you have to do them as fast as you can, then you can let go of the controller and watch them play out.

patchday

Holy crap this made a world of difference. I can actually combo into Telelift and jKxxTeleport now. Why would they make this a default?

When I was originally doing the tutorial I actually had to enable Release check. But I was super awful back then. I can do a lot of simple combo chains now but still not 30%+ like I see the pros doing

I watched some tournament last night. Since they were all locally playing these pros were just pulling combos left & right. 'Glitch' took the win though.

dat Kung Lao

Twice now I have been playing KOTH mode in a full room, fighting in a match when the game has paused and it says the other player has left the match, and then one after the other says all the other players have left the room.
Why is this happening?? Can someone please explain it to me as it's ruining the game for me (well, that and the fact that a 6 game win streak got me a measly 5 respect points, including 0 points for defeating the 3000 point king).

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Twice now I have been playing KOTH mode in a full room, fighting in a match when the game has paused and it says the other player has left the match, and then one after the other says all the other players have left the room.
Why is this happening?? Can someone please explain it to me as it's ruining the game for me (well, that and the fact that a 6 game win streak got me a measly 5 respect points, including 0 points for defeating the 3000 point king).

Koh is really ass in MKX. The community was way better on mk9. Everybody just a bunch of salty pricks now. Only need 100 more points to reach a 1000 then I'm done with that mode.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
They finally released a patch on the iOS game that syncs the Klassic Mileena unlock with consoles. Just got her in my game. Now I can finally delete that abomination from my phone

Majestad

Banned
Tried Tanya on that new Living Tower. I really liked her. Gotta wait until Tremor comes out though and then I'll download the season pack.

clockpunk

They finally released a patch on the iOS game that syncs the Klassic Mileena unlock with consoles. Just got her in my game. Now I can finally delete that abomination from my phone

Bloody app won't even let me play a Challenge Tower to unlock her!!! This is bastardly ridiculous now. >.<

Immortal

Neo Member
First post on gaf finally, lol. Do you guys generally pm to add each other for games or is the google doc in the OP just never updated?

Xevren

First post on gaf finally, lol. Do you guys generally pm to add each other for games or is the google doc in the OP just never updated?

I would imagine just adding each other, doubt the OP gets updated. Not sure who all is left playing at this point.

I heard Kotal got buffed, anyone got a link to a change list?
On my own, I found his grab does way more damage now which is awesome.
It now goes from 10%, to 14 and finally 19% as it gets buffed, instead of 7, 11, and 16.
Honestly, a 7% command grab should have never made it into the game.

Immortal

Neo Member
I would imagine just adding each other, doubt the OP gets updated. Not sure who all is left playing at this point.
I figured most people migrated to tym, but I just thought since I was finally able to post I could maybe get some games with anyone here that's still playing on ps4.

Xevren

I figured most people migrated to tym, but I just thought since I was finally able to post I could maybe get some games with anyone here that's still playing on ps4.

Can add me if you want, so long as the connection is decent I don't mind playing. Xevren11 is my psn

patchday

I usually don't play with other gafs on MK X cause I'd much rather coop with you guys then beat yall up (or get beaten up). But I did fight against a gaffer once. It was fun

stn

Can the Mileena klassic skin finally be unlocked on Android? I heard the Raiden challenge was out but I wasn't able to access it last night. Thanks.

stn

Is the Mileena challenge hard? What kind of characters do I need? I got silver lvl. 20's but nothing above 15 for gold.

stn

Thanks, ran through the challenge no problem. Question for you guys. Just logged in, Tanya doesn't work. Shows up as blackened out. I have the kombat pack and played her on release. XB1. What do I do? I know others have had similar issues.

Top Bottom