• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Dereck

Fujin

ymHhKEA.gif

Khezu

1st is Baraka
3rd is maybe Fuijin
4th is obviously Boraicho.

Not a clue on the 2nd. That hair is funky.
Maybe Frost, but the body is too bulky.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
2nd is probably Rain, looks like he has a ponytail, a mask and a cape

Really excited for tomorrow!

EulaCapra

I posted this in the other thread (in order from left to right):
Looks like Fujin, Sindel, Baraka, and Rain to me.

Fujin's flat head, arm bands, and wrist bands.
pn9dvEy.jpg

Sindel's long hair which is a little hard to see goes far, whisker hair, and collar throwing off her silhouette making it look like a man's thick neck.
MW4BEQp.jpg

Baraka's bald head, pointy ears, and rope things on shoulders.
CIMLdaR.png

Rain's head is looking to the right, his cape, his cape's collar, and his arm bands are the same as the shadow.
N2EOMIT.png

Reule

The third silhouette could easily be a xenonorph from a straight on view.
I could see that. I'm also agreeing because I want it to happen.

I don't know who the second could be. Doesn't look like Sindel to me. Fuck, it looks more like it's Wolverine to me. Gettin' scared, bub? Tomorrow is going to be fun.

clockpunk

I had really hoped Frost might just make the cut. Or a cyborg with Cyrax/Sektor//Cyber Smoke variants... but alas, it looks as though neither of those will come to pass.

Still very excited, though!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Have become addicted to this game again after picking up Kotal Khan. Such a fun character. Has some really slow start ups and unsafe strings but he can move across the screen insanely fast and has tons of hi/lows.

Marvel

could never
After watching max's week of reptile vid last night I've been using him. Ton of work for little dmg but he can be very fun. Especially Nimble variation.

Have become addicted to this game again after picking up Kotal Khan. Such a fun character. Has some really slow start ups and unsafe strings but he can move across the screen insanely fast and has tons of hi/lows.

And not to mention that he hits like a fucking truck lol.

Oh and the DLC, 1st silhouette looks like smoke, 2nd no idea, 3rd is Baraka and 4th Bo Rai Cho.

Ed being mean on Twitter:

0BcSx8o.jpg

lol

I'm starting to think a Xenomorph is getting into MKX. That has me excited and disappointed. Lol

Excited because I absolutely love the Alien franchise. But then I'd be disappointed because I know Ash Williams wouldn't happen at all if he that happened to be the guest character.

Man....playing this game online feels fucking useless. I grabbed it during the WB sale on PSN, and I enjoy playing against AI because it feels nice and responsive, but I wanted to see how I'd do against human players.

I have a pretty good internet connection, and this game feels like nothing happens when I press a button to attack 75% of the time. Maybe I'll do what I'm trying to do, but...eh, maybe not too.

Been a little while since I played this game. My main is Takeda, but I was experimenting with different characters the last time I played. Is Reptile decent now, or is he still bad?

Xevren

Been a little while since I played this game. My main is Takeda, but I was experimenting with different characters the last time I played. Is Reptile decent now, or is he still bad?

Reptile is fantastic right now, deceptive is the go to variation now after the buffs. Takeda is also incredible now after the last big patch too.

Reptile is fantastic right now, deceptive is the go to variation now after the buffs. Takeda is also incredible now after the last big patch too.

This makes me happy. Is Shirai-Ryu still the go to for Takeda or did Ronin catch up? I'm fine with either. I'm surprised to hear Deceptive is the best variation for Reptile now. I though it would be Nimble.

Xevren

This makes me happy. Is Shirai-Ryu still the go to for Takeda or did Ronin catch up? I'm fine with either. I'm surprised to hear Deceptive is the best variation for Reptile now. I though it would be Nimble.

I'd put Shirai Ryu above Ronin but I still think Ronin is incredible, a real footsie oriented monster. They adjusted some of his normals to where they are even or + on block. Ronin is one of my mains, so I was glad when it got some buffs. Still dunno about Lasher honestly.

Reptile has pretty much always gotten buffs every patch. They buffed up Noxious so everyone used that up until the last patch where they buffed deceptive so everyone pretty much just switched to that and I wouldn't really blame them. Nimble can still do the damage but with ex invis in deceptive you can continue pressure and be plus while being invisible to apply mixups again. It's pretty nuts.

Weird how they just went completely quiet with the updates... for a while they were adding in free classic costumes, costume DLC, new brutalities, classic fatalities etc, a steady stream on content that kept me interested.
And now there's been nothing for ages.

Spades

Weird how they just went completely quiet with the updates... for a while they were adding in free classic costumes, costume DLC, new brutalities, classic fatalities etc, a steady stream on content that kept me interested.
And now there's been nothing for ages.

Hopefully they are hard at work with the new DLC.

I haven't played this game in a while but feel like jumping back in. It's probably one of my favourite games of 2015. And I love the MK series also.

vg260

Reptile was going to be my main and who I wanted most in the game before I got side-tracked by using Mileena and all the tower and krypt stuff, so sounds like a good time to finally start learning him.

Xevren

Every time I see this thread bumped I get false hope of seeing any new info on Kombat Pack 2 :(

More than likely not going to get any info till after the new year probably.

Reptile was going to be my main and who I wanted most in the game before I got side-tracked by using Mileena and all the tower and krypt stuff, so sounds like a good time to finally start learning him.

Mileena is really the only character I don't understand what their goal is with her, she really needs help and hasn't gotten much of anything.

Anyone on Xbox One having trouble getting Faction Champion rewards? The last 10-12 weeks, I've been on the winning faction's side, done challenges throughout the week and nada. I don't get the gold, the border/icon/background and don't even get a pop up telling me who won the week. It's been frustrating because I've been stuck with the War Champion X set for weeks, just trying to level it up to the final set.

RSTEIN

War God is too good, lol. He's the ultimate 50/50 troll character. His two main strings (B+1, 2, 2, 2, which is an overhead and B+1, 4, which is a low) can be cancelled into an overhead or low special. Oh, or a two-hit unblockable. If you get someone in the corner they're really screwed. Low, low, overhead, low, overhead, unblockable or whatever. Now that I've got the hang of it I'm killing 0% chance opponents in the corner. I think people are shocked because he's not used that often. It's like a freight train.

Xevren

It's not that good, no matter what he'll be unsafe and a lot of those options have gaps to where the entire cast can armor or backdash out to avoid it. Though if they dont have the matchup knowledge yea it sucks. He's not bad though, just have to be careful yolo'ing with 50/50s against someone that knows the matchup.

stn

Yeah, agreed. Kotal is solid but he has definite flaws. Most of his stuff in WG is unsafe or has huge gaps. He's easy to use but tough to play since he relies a lot on conditioning his opponent. Such an awesome character though.

RM8

Somehow, the SFV beta made me play some MKX again. I still love it, all new entries in fighting games have been so good (no idea about ArcSys stuff, though, I don't play those). And despite being super hyped for her at reveal, I think I'm dropping Tanya and keeping my "temporary" main Kitana after all. I'm also learning a bit of Goro, he's pretty fun :p

RSTEIN

Yes, kotal is unsafe as hell. He only has 2 strings that are fast and he's slow. But he's just too fun to play. If they gave blood god a wake up he'd be the best character in the game.

Very fun to watch DJT main kotal at defend the north. His tremor mopped Sonic's Cassie but he brought out mr black to win.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I forgot about this thread.

If you play consistently ps4 online hit me up.
Quote to see
psn:

NRS has gone too long without updating, I've almost completely lost interest in MKX now, all of my hype juice is being poured over SFV right now.

double jump

NRS has gone too long without updating, I've almost completely lost interest in MKX now, all of my hype juice is being poured over SFV right now.

What platform do you play on ? kp2 is rumored to be coming out Q1 2015.

Mileena is really the only character I don't understand what their goal is with her, she really needs help and hasn't gotten much of anything.
You don't even know the half of it. I'll main her to the end of time though.

Across the board
Tele kick needs to be an overhead.
Sai throws should build meter faster.
Needs stronger armor trades.

Variations
Piercing needs to add bleed effect to certain combos.
Ethereal needs a 1% damage increase across the board. Also needs faster start ups on base teleport sais.
Ravenous doesn't really need anything imo. You just have a lot dexterity and muscle memory to handle her in this variation.

Xevren

Those mileena fixes are pretty pointless honestly. Specials largely are fine imo, her normals are what I have a problem with. Massive recovery and most are too unsafe. B12 in piercing was a good buff but she still needs more. Tele-kick as an overhead is meaningless when no matter what it's full combo punishable, really only usable mid combo's or on a read I guess.

RSTEIN

Fighting mileena is the worst. Such a tedious experience. I'd rather play a GM Sub-Zero 10x than 1 mileena.

double jump

Fighting mileena is the worst. Such a tedious experience. I'd rather play a GM Sub-Zero 10x than 1 mileena.

Literally always high block and be ready to punish. That should eliminate the scrubs at least.

Man I got to fight Tom Brady yesterday. Lost the first, won the second, got crushed in the third. I admit nerves and hype got the better of me. I was making some sloppy mistakes. Yo Sick of seeing pro players wine all the time dude was bitching the entire match. Been hearing there was some new sub tech as well which would explain all the subs I've been fighting lately.

Top Bottom