• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

stn

Is Tremor out on xbone yet? I downloaded the pack or w/e but he's still blacked out saying coming soon?
He's definitely out if you have the Kombat Pack. All I can say is try uninstalling the Pack and re-installing it. Its been known to be glitchy.

Is Tremor out on xbone yet? I downloaded the pack or w/e but he's still blacked out saying coming soon?
If you click the start button on Mortal Kombat X and click "manage game" you should see Tremor either in "ready to install" or "installation stopped" in which case you need to uninstall him/re-install him.

The Light

Anyone know of way i can get the ds3 working on pc? Not really feeling the 360 controller.
I HATE that run is tied to block. WTF. Terrible idea on my opinion.

I know they did it to stop dash blocking, but tying it to block just feels unnatural. Guess I just have to put more time in so that I can get used to it.

Pizza

does anyone have a surefire fix for Ninja Mine Johnny Cage not unlocking for the console version using the mobile app?

I've done everything I can find on Google but it still hasn't given me the big red checkmark. The game is such a grind that I'd really like to just get it over with lol

Reule

does anyone have a surefire fix for Ninja Mine Johnny Cage not unlocking for the console version using the mobile app?

I've done everything I can find on Google but it still hasn't given me the big red checkmark. The game is such a grind that I'd really like to just get it over with lol
I know you said you've done everything but have you tried logging out then logging back into WB Play on main menu of the console? It's what fixed it for me back when I had issues with it.

Pizza

I know you said you've done everything but have you tried logging out then logging back into WB Play on main menu of the console? It's what fixed it for me back when I had issues with it.

My console copy of mkx should be here tomorrow, so I'll check then! :) thanks!

Quikies83

What are you xboners doing about random KOTH disconnects? This has been haunting me since launch of the game. Am at about a 80% disconnect rate. No issues with any other game mode.
Will just be playing and all is fine, then boom, everyone leaves the room and it's just me.

Reule

I'm curious when Sony is going to fix whatever the hell is going on with MKX. Recent Activities don't display for the game, as well as publisher and other such information in the game's overview. Someone said that Recent Players for MKX is also broken at the moment. The regular edition of the game is also missing from the PSN Store but not the Premium version. Even so, if you deleted the game you can't download it again at the moment. Hopefully it'll be fixed Tuesday when the store updates.

Edit: It's fixed now, yay.

What are you xboners doing about random KOTH disconnects? This has been haunting me since launch of the game. Am at about a 80% disconnect rate. No issues with any other game mode.
Will just be playing and all is fine, then boom, everyone leaves the room and it's just me.
Hasn't happened to me at all (and I've played KOTH enough to get the costumes related to getting respect/10 survivor wins in a row). The only times I've found myself alone in a room is when folks lose to me and decide to try another room with a better chance to win. Not bragging, because I'm terrible and this is a rare case, but just, to the best of my knowledge, I haven't seen any random KOTH disconnects.

Garlador

Fujin
Skarlet
Rain
Sareena

I would pay $30 for those characters alone even without costume packs.

Swap out Skarlet for Sindel, Jade, or Smoke, and I think I'd be up for it as well.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if this "Kombat Pass" gets extended, just as fan-demand led Injustice to add both Zatanna and Martian Manhunter past the initial four DLC characters.

Xevren

I hope we get more, while I don't really care for how any of the dlc characters look they all play great. Hope Sareena is one just cuz I think she looks cool in story mode.

Also about done with trophies in this game, kinda dreading having to play online to get KOTH points but oh well.

Pizza

MAN the story mode in this game was kickass. I really like the gameplay too: splitting every character into three was a super great idea.

Also I really hope there's more dlc. The characters we've already gotten are real neat, and there's totally room for more! Rain seems like a no-brainer considering he has more than a cameo in the story, but other than that I'd really just happy to get *more* mk!

Some Klassic stages would be rad as well! Fucking great game.

This worked when I tried it out! Thanks for the help!

El_Cinefilo

Just picked up the premium version in a sale, realised I've bought every main Mortal Kombat game which surprised me a little. Also pleasantly surprised about how smooth/flowing the fighting is compared to Injustice. Just been playing single fights for the moment while the rest of the content downloads to my PS4.

Anyway a couple of quick questions..

Is the Season pass done now? I'm pretty sure all the dlc characters have been released but will there be any more skins and such?

The Cold War skins pack doesn't seem to be included in the season pass. What's that about?

Does this game have unlocks linked to the mobile game like Injustice?

Reule

Anyway a couple of quick questions..

Is the Season pass done now? I'm pretty sure all the dlc characters have been released but will there be any more skins and such?

The Cold War skins pack doesn't seem to be included in the season pass. What's that about?

Does this game have unlocks linked to the mobile game like Injustice?

Kombat Pack is done but they've kind of hinted at another Kombat Pack or at least more DLC in the future.

Kold War and Brazil skins packs weren't included in the pack. Why? Probably money or something thought of after planning for whatever was going to be in the pack initially. Also, Blue Steel Sub-Zero wasn't included since it was sold to support ESL. Kold War Scorpion is free but separate from the pack.

It does have unlocks. Game isn't too much of a grind to unlock stuff but you could find someone who has a WB ID and log in to get those unlocks then log out. You'll still have the unlocks on your save file.

So no word on any further DLC yet? Thought NRS might've announced season 2 Kombat Pack by now, try and take some attention away from SFV and KI S3.

So no word on any further DLC yet? Thought NRS might've announced season 2 Kombat Pack by now, try and take some attention away from SFV and KI S3.
I had written it off with no Gamescom announcement, but there's been a lot more hints coming out recently on the MK twitters - references to rain, a Kombat Pack ONE and what some are pointing to as either Noob or Sareena/Sindel hints. So, I'd expect something fairly soon for more DLC.

DR2K

Banned
anyone have an MKX account I can use to get the costumes in the app? My save went to poop and I'm out of luck.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Is online play just a hit and miss? I feel like every match is just whoever gets enough bar to do an ex move wins. The faster player wins. I don't even go into matches like I do Towers or anything else. I must have missed a few years worth of playing with actual people, but some of this is abysmal. I do well throwing out random moves or just trying to time something right.

Online has been awful for me. I'm getting most of my enjoyment from playing offline. I go online and I get spammed or picked off easily. I win maybe 1 out of the 3 matches I play. I go back to offline mode and I can destroy AI with 15 hit combos and what not. I'm not quite sure what it is. It feels like I can't use anything I learn in the "LAB" at all.

I did win against a few opponents, but just now I faced off and it felt pitiful. I'm not quite sure on the online learning curve. In SFIV I can throw out a random Ultra and it'll win me the match online. Some things work while others are just horrible. Sub-Zero for instance feels like a frame trap and so do other characters. I miss things I rarely ever miss. I've been playing since SFII was in the arcades and nothing comes off as feeling right. It feels more like an action game with power moves than a fighting game. MKX's net code must suck big time. Scorpion players know how to spam the right moves and it feels pointless to play online. What sucks is that I know I can perform combos. I can do it to get spam messages in Tekken, but 2D fighters are like a jigsaw puzzle. You learn a certain amount and the connection does the rest. I did better spamming a single EX move than actually using anything I learned. Online play makes all those 30-40% combos feel pointless. I just need to know what to spam at the right time.

Going off of that, there seems to be way less people playing in the lobbies now. Spam chat is all about cheap Scorpions. It feels like trash coming off of being online for a while.

Xevren

Online is really hit or miss, if you can find someone with a decent connection it's great but it's still hard to find. Would be easier if it had a better ping indicator. Then again the only people I really play online are fairly close to me so ehhhh.

Septic360

Banned
Wtf is this shit. Seriously :

http://xboxclips.com/SEPTIC360/62b8592c-f806-4729-8373-885f1ba4a224

Please tell me Shinnok is banned in tournaments. This cheap ass player was the worst. Sitting there shouting at his Kinect "get owned. Get wrecked" yadda yadda and all he did was spam that shit.

Why the fuck do Shinnok's three fireballs push you across the map? There is no penalty for him missing on those projectiles?

I will be shocked if Shinnok isn't banned in tournaments. Combine that with the absolutely wank netcode in this and some of those attacks are just simply unmissable.

mdsfx

Wtf is this shit. Seriously :

http://xboxclips.com/SEPTIC360/62b8592c-f806-4729-8373-885f1ba4a224

Please tell me Shinnok is banned in tournaments. This cheap ass player was the worst. Sitting there shouting at his Kinect "get owned. Get wrecked" yadda yadda and all he did was spam that shit.

Why the fuck do Shinnok's three fireballs push you across the map? There is no penalty for him missing on those projectiles?

I will be shocked if Shinnok isn't banned in tournaments. Combine that with the absolutely wank netcode in this and some of those attacks are just simply unmissable.

I feel like I would've stopped throwing hats and tried to close in on him for close range attacks. Kung lao suffered most of his damage during his recovery frames after throwing his hat.

Septic360

Banned
I feel like I would've stopped throwing hats and tried to close in on him for close range attacks. Kung lao suffered most of his damage during his recovery frames after throwing his hat.

Believe me mate I tried. He'd use the fireballs to push me away even if I blocked them.

Xevren

Shinnok is negative after normal hellsparks, I don't play as Kung Lao so not sure if he can even punish it. Even then he still has the option to meter burn it to make it + on block so you kinda have to deal with that. At least it was just necromancer, it's not even close to as strong as Bone Shaper currently is for him...

mdsfx

Ugh, PC online never feels right. Even matched up with someone in the same region with a great connection there are still issues with connecting his at the right time. It's as if moves come out 1/4 second later after pushing a button compared when I play offline.

Im not sure if I'm trying to defeat the opponent or the lag.

kriskrosbbk

hmm

CM2lTBUWcAAtwYP.jpg:large

Why!? Tier:

- Scorpion (Inferno) buff
- Sub-Zero (Cryomancer) Buff

Fuck you guys! Tier:

- Ferra/Torr buff (Hyped it up; With only one change...)

vg260

I would love some new (or new classic) stages.

That hasn't really been done as DLC since fighters went to 3D models, probably because they require much more work.

Griss

This patch is 6GB. Was preventing me download MGSV. What the hell could be in it? That's a mammoth patch. MGSV d/l is just 4GB to start playing the game, after all.

Manu

This patch is 6GB. Was preventing me download MGSV. What the hell could be in it? That's a mammoth patch. MGSV d/l is just 4GB to start playing the game, after all.

You sure? It was about 500 MB in PS4. The total update file size was 6 GB but it was already 5.5+ when it started.

Griss

You sure? It was about 500 MB in PS4. The total update file size was 6 GB but it was already 5.5+ when it started.

Huh, maybe. Maybe I hadn't properly updated yet? I doubt that. But it looked to me like I was 1GB into a 6GB download.

Top Bottom