• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

oh lord
2742526-friendships.gif

/dead

At the third to last comment.

SlickVic

No key from Nuuvem yet, hope they didn't run out. Sounds like this streaming download stuff has the PC version pretty borked at the moment though.

Circinae

Neo Member
No key from Nuuvem yet, hope they didn't run out. Sounds like this streaming download stuff has the PC version pretty borked at the moment though.

You'd think they'd be able to just upload another copy of the build onto Steam servers and turn this ridiculous stream feature off.

Skyzard

Banned
To people having issues with the PC version, is this after you've downloaded the "full" game? I read they were trying out some quick-play thing with steam only downloading a few GB to begin with.

Was hoping to pick this up, watched a video and it looks great, I'm not even that into fighting games (other than the occasional PSASBR).

SSReborn

Can someone help me understand what the benefit of a dedicated block button (instead of holding back) is to me? It feels like it slows the pace down quite a bit.

I feel like it's being kept for traditions sake now.

To people having issues with the PC version, is this after you've downloaded the "full" game? I read they were trying out some quick-play thing with steam only downloading a few GB to begin with.

Was hoping to pick this up, watched a video and it looks great, I'm not even that into fighting games (other than the occasional PSASBR).

The issue itself is not even being able to download the full game.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Ah, really shitty. Hopefully the patch comes asap.

Can someone help me understand what the benefit of a dedicated block button (instead of holding back) is to me? It feels like it slows the pace down quite a bit.

I feel like it's being kept for traditions sake now.

What if you're mid-swing with button presses with the left hand and notice the need to suddenly block and so instead of the button you were going to press that executes the move, you can easily tap out to block instead? Assuming it's a face button...

Linconan

Been playing for last couple of hours,..
loving every minute,
loving Erron Black,
loved that i just went through Classic Towers on Medium and completed it with no continues, 8 fatalities, and with over a Million points total,lol

Feeling good right about now... cause i'm not as speedy as in my younger MK years. lol

Yes, yes, i know it's all down hill from here. LOL

SSReborn

^ Ah, really shitty. Hopefully the patch comes asap.

What if you're mid-swing with button presses with the left hand and notice the need to suddenly block and so instead of the button you were going to press that executes the move, you can easily tap out to block instead? Assuming it's a face button...
Took me a bit to understand what you were asking but I'm assuming you mean like I'm trying to execute down, forward, square for example and instead of pressing square I press the block button instead? If that's the case if I were to press back (to block) instead of square it would have the same effect.

Skyzard

Banned
Took me a bit to understand what you were asking but I'm assuming you mean like I'm trying to execute down, forward, square for example and instead of pressing square I press the block button instead? If that's the case if I were to press back (to block) instead of square it would have the same effect.

That's what I meant yep - but with fighting games it's all about the time pressure and reacting, right, so if you were in the period were you were just about to press square, it'd be easier/faster to press another face button to block instead of back - I think.

Meia

Still no code from GMG. Sigh.

From their facebook page:

MKX Update: Hi folks. Apologies for the delay in delivering keys for this title. We're preparing for distribution this morning, and there'll be a larger update shortly. Again, sorry for the wait on this, please be assured that we're doing everything we can to get those keys out as swiftly as possible today.

In other words, in terms of when they're actually going to send out codes, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unicorn

Watched Aris lab with Shinnok. Just doesn't seem to have the depth of options like Ermac and others. Hopefully he just didn't find good links.

sirap

Why do the characters in this game have super generic faces? It's almost like they were made using a built-in character creator.

Hobo Zombie

Neo Member
Finally got a key from Nuuvem. Unfortunately, it seems like it is not the correct key. Steam comes back with an error as though I am attempting to activate DLC instead of a game. Still no Kombat Pack key, so hopefully they just got my codes switched around.

I just want to get a confirmation about sth: Do characters get different X-Ray animations and moves according to the style they choose or do all of them have the same X-Ray for all styles? Because sth confused me: seeing Raiden latest X-Ray: it is compeletely different from the one shown in his reveal tariler trailer months ago when is using Storm Lord style. I hope every style is having its own X-Ray, otherwise it seems his X-Ray (and maybe many other characters' X-Rays) has been changed for the final game.

SSReborn

That's what I meant yep - but with fighting games it's all about the time pressure and reacting, right, so if you were in the period were you were just about to press square, it'd be easier/faster to press another face button to block instead of back - I think.
Well in mkx block is on R2, and it also used for a lot of other things like Ex'ing your moves and other things. Also moving back would be easier as it more a rocking/sliding of the dpad motion than individual button presses.

It would be down, forward, back hold but just think of it as being a sliding thumb motion. Ideally your thumb would always be on the dpad anyways.

Nyx

I just want to get a confirmation about sth: Do characters get different X-Ray animations and moves according to the style they choose or do all of them have the same X-Ray for all styles? Because sth confused me: seeing Raiden latest X-Ray: it is compeletely different from the one shown in his reveal tariler trailer months ago when is using Storm Lord style. I hope every style is having its own X-Ray, otherwise it seems his X-Ray (and maybe many other characters' X-Rays) has been changed for the final game.

Just 1 X-ray per character as far as I know.

That's strange, you should probably call them up. See if they can fix that up for you.
I talked to the clerk and he said he didnt knew. That prob the skin code was inside the case. *sigh* Ill call my friend who works there tomorrow.

Also is it safe to assume theres a Kombat pack 2 coming since
Rain
was in the story mode and not selectable? Unless its an unlock which I doubt.

So far, I'm enjoying this. Did Tutorial, up to Chapter 4 in Story Mode, and currently doing Test Your Might. The consequences for failing a TYM stage are hilarious. Also joined the Black Dragon Faction. Guess now is a not good time to concern myself with faction stuff cause I keep getting error codes while in that mode

Could anyone link his WBID to his WBPlay account on MKXMobile? I couldn't do it on MKXMobile and I contacted support and they didin't answer me and It seems many players are having such issues.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Love this game!! I gotta get to bed but can't lol. Does anyone know how to change their banner/icon? Mine is defaulted to scorpion/mk symbol. Can't locate the area that allows you to change it. I won some sort of milenna icon in the crypt too.

Top Bottom