• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Jax's heavy weapon's groove is probably his worst, but the rocket launcher has stolen me like five wins online.

I hated that they brought back Jax with guns. Lol. It didn't cross my mind when thinking of variations. :p

Where can I see some Shinnok gameplay?

http://youtu.be/3k7G8DmiknI

SonicFox wasn't playing as Erron Black. Erron Black was being made to play as SonicFox.

avb pls

You tripped me out there.

Skunkers

Anyone gotten their code from GMG yet? Getting off work soon and would be nice to dive into this.

Nope. preordered two months ago. Earlier the Games section of my account said something like "Keys will be available when the game releases". I was a little troubled by that this whole two months, especially as we got close to launch, but I reassured myself it would be alright. Now the game is out and the screen now says "No keys available for this game.". Also, we aren't the only ones, people are blowing up GMG's Facebook right now over this. This was my second and last purchase through GMG, I'm calling and demanding a refund if they don't have my key by the time I wake up later.

Pac3y

Finding a few inputs for moves weirdly unresponsive, easiest one to explain is Jax's ground pound. If you down, down, kick (forgot which) quickly it won't perform, however if you seem to hold the last down it never fails? Turned that negative edge off too.

Same with jumping sometimes it appears to drop the diagonal input, and jumps straight up? :/

Takeda, Lui Kang and Jacqui Briggs are my favorite so far just wish Ms. Briggs had a better design as she looks so bland but her moves are solid.

I found her alternate costume to be better. I'm sure there will be another costume for her in the future as well.

Which variations have you stuck with?

I meant good Shinnok gameplay.

Well sorry, I was just trying to help out. :(

uh so blue steel sub zero looks terrible in game.

I need pictures.

So I more than surpass the PC recommended requirements but using the 'auto config' setting in the video settings on the PC version defaults me to a windowed 720p version with no effects.

Wtf?

Running the game with anything at 1080p tanks in frame rate. This PC port is... terrible.

Hasney

Slightly related to Mortal Kombat, but this guy is breaking calculators and RAGIN' over MKX PC not working:

http://www.twitch.tv/russlowm

Prettttyyyy great.

Ahahaha. High Voltage claims another persons sanity.
Running the game with anything at 1080p tanks in frame rate. This PC port is... terrible.

Honestly, when it came out that HVS was making that version, people should have cancelled pre orders to wait and see. They are the worst. Look at this track record http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Voltage_Software

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Finding a few inputs for moves weirdly unresponsive, easiest one to explain is Jax's ground pound. If you down, down, kick (forgot which) quickly it won't perform, however if you seem to hold the last down it never fails? Turned that negative edge off too.

Same with jumping sometimes it appears to drop the diagonal input, and jumps straight up? :/
are you treating it as 3 inputs or 2? seems like it should be 2 (d, d+kick)

ksdixon

L2+R2 to X-Ray doesnt seem to be working for me. it just blocks. where/when do the meters show you that you can pull off an xray move?

Successfully beat a guy who actually knew some (corner) combos by mashing square square square and occasionally using special moves with Ferra/Torr in my first online match lol. And with that it's time for bed.

So uh, is there like a manual for controls somewhere? The control list in the start menu is...lacking. Like, what is that bar below the health bar...and stuff ._.;
Doesn't tutorial cover it? Under practice? It's the stamina bar.

So uh, is there like a manual for controls somewhere? The control list in the start menu is...lacking. Like, what is that bar below the health bar...and stuff ._.;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAJ3mx8DOqw

He looks like he's from that new TMNT show.

It looks awesome. Especially on the Cryomancer variant. :)

Yup. I chose well. I'm def gonna main D'Vorra

Fuck your queen bee! She'll be begging for mercy at my feet after my Kotal takes hold of her. ;)

L2+R2 to X-Ray doesnt seem to be working for me. it just blocks. where/when do the meters show you that you can pull off an xray move?

I'm not sure what character you're using, but have you tried it in the air?

Successfully beat a guy who actually knew some (corner) combos by mashing square square square and occasionally using special moves with Ferra/Torr in my first online match lol. And with that it's time for bed.

Doesn't tutorial cover it? Under practice? It's the stamina bar.

stamina
used for back dash and run iirc

There's a tutorial in-game that tells you about it.

Oh I just jumped into story mode.

Top Bottom