• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I know elsewhere people don't like the roster but for me, with the styles(like that one MK that allowed you to pick styles on the fly) this roster is really top notch to me. First MK ever where every character I want to play but maybe 1 or 2 TOTAL.

I think this game has by far the best new roster since 3.

My only complaint is I'd rather they have dropped some of the parents in favor of some of the more popular characters like Smoke and Kabal.

Ermac my main, dude is dumb good. Quan chi and reptile are my others but ermac #1.

Need to learn the game plan with ermac.

I linked to it earlier, but here's the combo I've been doing with him to really great effect online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwAMzkc1cc

Shouta

Got my copy. DLC chars don't come until next week right? I was gonna pick up the combat pack so I had a tournament setup ready but I only have 20 in my PSN account atm, lol

malfcn

Another question. One a Luck match with Takeda, and it looked like a reward was a mask. What was it?

And EXTRAS has a little * blinking.

Found it. Still blinking though.
Reset my factions for the blip.

robot

Quick (dumb) question - how do you use meter moves? Doesn't say in the pause screen and yay no manual. I see there's breakers, ex moves and X-rays, no clue how to do em lol.

Septic360

Banned
I think the story is wank. It has nothing on MK9 and the whole plot os convoluted. It doesn't even feel complete. Pretty disappointing.

I'll have to start practising tomorrow for online action.

Jaeger

I349uay.jpg

Tournament Reptile is the best costume in the game! I've been maining as Reptile all day.

How do you get that costume? Krypt?

Sigmaah

I think this game has by far the best new roster since 3.

My only complaint is I'd rather they have dropped some of the parents in favor of some of the more popular characters like Smoke and Kabal.

I linked to it earlier, but here's the combo I've been doing with him to really great effect online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwAMzkc1cc

Damn son you killed that shit. What do you think is the better style (or whatever you call it)? I really like the middle one (forgetting the names already lmao).

Damn son you killed that shit. What do you think is the better style (or whatever you call it)? I really like the middle one (forgetting the names already lmao).

I honestly haven't messed with the other two styles that much. I really like the hold move in Master of Souls. Sets up that combo as well as easy X-Rays.

I don't know how to do the first White Lotus faction fatality. Anyone care to enlighten me? :p

It says hold RT, then left left (or right right, I forget), but do I hold RT, then press the directions twice, or something else?...

Karak

Ermac my main, dude is dumb good. Quan chi and reptile are my others but ermac #1.

Need to learn the game plan with ermac.

I started with Ermac but dude Quan is the shit. I am not a huge fan of his overall look in this game but his fighting style is just awesome for me. Love him. Also, and I can't believe I am saying this, my go to character for the review at the start was Mr. Cage.

But Quan's fall from the sky Knee Drop into a head smash on the ground is just such a crowd pleaser to me.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm digging this a lot. Just got everything installed and updated.

The Target deal is awesome this week, too. Buy the game and get $30 worth of PSN credit for free. That bought the Kombat pack.

Miles X

Have to say, real shame Ferra Torr basically got a cameo in storymode and a small one at that. Loved D'Vorah tho, such attitude.

Trickster

Man I cannot get used to having a button for block, is there any positive in doing it like that? Feel like blocking and counterattacking is much harder than game like KoF or SF because of it

Man I cannot get used to having a button for block, is there any positive in doing it like that? Feel like blocking and counterattacking is much harder than game like KoF or SF because of it

MK has a lot of weird moves that would be hard/impossible to block by holding back. So I guess it's just a balancing issue.

Marvel

could never
Yeah, I'm taking a long time to get used to it myself.

Top Bottom