• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Yeah and he also went to the GFaqs MKX PS4 board to argue a bit. Place is a bit of a venomous cesspool right now. I'm sure the guy has his reasons to dislike the game a bit.

He did say on GFaqs to keep in mind that MK is his favorite fightings franchise, and that IMO for him MK9 was one of the most complete fighting games ever, whatever he means. Is MKX that lacking in content compared to MK9 though?

sounds like the campaign is a lot shorter than MK9.

I just realized than Rain, Smoke, Noob, Cyrax and Sektor are all out. Jade I can live without, because Kitana seems to be able to select her moveset now. But it's kind of upsetting to see most of the ninjas cut out.

Some will be DLC and i'm sure the Predator will have Cyrax and Sektor movesets.

So Scorpion
ended up being an useful idiot for the bad guys, and because of him, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, and the rest are going to stay Evil.

I wonder what they're going to do next, now that the 'storyline' of MK4 is over.

Well my PS4 copy turned up a couple of days ago.
I haven't tried it yet but my son seems to like it. He finished the story mode yesterday and he's been playing it non-stop.

I'm impressed with the graphics although I had no idea what to expect as I've never played, or even really looked at, Mortal Kombat before.

Endo Punk

Going by his Twitter, AngryJoe is going to tear this game a new asshole. What the hell happened?

Well I was able to watch the whole story mode on live ap ps a couple of days ago and the story is just bad and messy with the constant time jumps, not entertaing bad or just entertaining like MK9. The ending is boring and the final boss battle is very standard and not a surprise like Boon said it would be. The new characters are just not very compelling to follow around.

Kinsei

Banned
Tell me about it. "Hey I don't like the way you looked at me! Lets fight!"

Yep. I can't believe they thought the Johnny v Jax fight in MK9 was a good idea. I understand that they wanted the chapters the be around the same length, but that wasn't necessary IMO.

Dremark

Banned
I think I want my money back...

I'm the one who brought it up earlier. I'd trust the MK forums over polygon personally. Also Amazon has amazing customer service. I'd let it ride but not open it until someone can confirm.

Hopefully it's what you want and you have a good time with it.

What i liked about the MK9 and Injustice storymodes were that they were effectively a good training mode to see what characters you might end up liking.

Writingwise they were both abysmal :D but just entertaining enough.

And hey, the fighting game storymode bar was set lying in a puddle somewhere at the bottom of a crater. Netherrealms did very little and it was enough :D

Carnby

I think you guys are right. On the MK forum the import edition is listed as one of the US versions. I'll wait until it arrives.

If I'm wrong I will miss out on GORO.

Emouse

Had the game since saturday, got it early for whatever reason, I'm liking it a lot more than MK9 & Injustice so far, my only real complaints so far are the region locking for online, and the story mode seems kinda short? can't wait till tonight/tomorrow when the rest of the features are useable

now to grind the mobile app for the alt Jax costume...

Had the game since saturday, got it early for whatever reason, I'm liking it a lot more than MK9 & Injustice so far, my only real complaints so far are the region locking for online, and the story mode seems kinda short? can't wait till tonight/tomorrow when the rest of the features are useable

now to grind the mobile app for the alt Jax costume...

define short

Hey guys, quick question. I live in Pakistan and so I have a region-2 account as well as a Region-1 account. My copy of MKX for the PS4 is Region 2 but I've been using the Region 1 account. Everything's been fine so far, but my question is, if I play online, will it use the Region 1 matchmaking or Region 2?

Hasney

Hey guys, quick question. I live in Pakistan and so I have a region-2 account as well as a Region-1 account. My copy of MKX for the PS4 is Region 2 but I've been using the Region 1 account. Everything's been fine so far, but my question is, if I play online, will it use the Region 1 matchmaking or Region 2?

Region 2.

Damn does that mean they aren't going to let you do multiple matches with every character like they did in MK9 and Injustice? That was the best part about those story modes is you got a taste of every character before you hopped into multiplayer.

Manu

Nyx

Damn does that mean they aren't going to let you do multiple matches with every character like they did in MK9 and Injustice? That was the best part about those story modes is you got a taste of every character before you hopped into multiplayer.

I'll spoilertag it:

You use 12 characters in the story mode and each character has a bunch of fights

Day 1 patch apparently lowers number of koins earned.

So it's better to play the campaign unpatched and unlock some stuff before downloading day 1 patch ?

ignata

I would probably be waiting for this game to get a price drop or two, or pop up in one of the winter Steam sales, but this is the first time a pre-order bonus will sucker me into getting the game right away. I mean, it's Goro. Anyone else and I'd pass, but...Goro.

Anyways, can you pre load the game on Steam?

So yeah, anyone know if you can pre load on Steam yet?

This is a weird question i hope someone can help me answer.

I have high hopes for this being a pretty okay LOCAL multiplayer game as well. How is it for local? Do you still unlock stuff? Can two profiles be signed in and each player on their own profile? (games like the golf club only allow one player to be signed in at a time, so play with 4 people and only 1 profile gets anything). King of the hill mode active in local? Or just 1v1 versus?

Nuszka

Region 2.

Is it confirmed? Are you locked to the region where the game has been purchased? I know it has been like that on ps3. Why NR would not base it on ip check, seems insane especially for people importing the game , or buying it digitally from different region like myself :(

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone confirm for me is region locking a PS4 only issue? I'm planning on buying for XB1 and I only every use the US store for digital purchases but I'm based in the UK.

Nyx

This is a weird question i hope someone can help me answer.

I have high hopes for this being a pretty okay LOCAL multiplayer game as well. How is it for local? Do you still unlock stuff? Can two profiles be signed in and each player on their own profile? (games like the golf club only allow one player to be signed in at a time, so play with 4 people and only 1 profile gets anything). King of the hill mode active in local? Or just 1v1 versus?

Test your Luck is godlike for local play, that really is good for some laughs. (every match then has random modifiers, think double damage, slow-mo or even big bubbles in the stage that capture you....)

Can't answer most of your other questions though...

Top Bottom