• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

That Toyota is ridiculously fast on the straights.

Yeah, both the Porsches and the Toyotas can just walk past the Audis in the first and third sectors. Even the 3rd R18 with Le Mans aero is no match.

Edit: Looks like the #14 Porsche just lost the lead to the #8 Toyota in the most recent round of pit stops.

Dilly

Banned
Those LMP1's man, they're like moving art in real life.

The Rebellion's only purpose is to destroy eardrums, thing is so loud. Got some good pics with my phone because there were a lot of places you could stand very close to the track. Too bad I had to leave early and I didn't see Mark Webber drive. :(

Those LMP1's man, they're like moving art in real life.

The Rebellion's only purpose is to destroy eardrums, thing is so loud. Got some good pics with my phone because there were a lot of places you could stand very close to the track. Too bad I had to leave early.
IMO the LMP1s are the coolest thing going in motorsport today.

So hyped for Le Mans.

Dilly

Banned
IMO the LMP1s are the coolest thing going in motorsport today.

So hyped for Le Mans.

Yeah, I was leaning to the same idea, but after today I'm convinced. Stunning machinery. The Audi is also so quiet!

WEC is the best thing FIA has done the last few years.

Absolutely dominant performance for the #8 Toyota; once they overtook the #14 Porsche in the pits, they never looked back.

I'm disappointed to see Porsche's pace drop off so noticeably as the race wore on, but relieved that Audi's more or less remained the same.

The 919 seems too fragile and fussy at this point to go the distance, (as you'd expect), so Le Mans will probably come down to Toyota or Audi. If the race comes down to strategy or in the pits, I'd never bet against Audi, but it honestly looks like Toyota will be the team to beat this year.

Dilly

Banned
10258158_10203566024221359_118540818906011034_o.jpg

1836590_10203566023781348_4107673102414442839_o.jpg

981519_10203566024101356_2408220056108209558_o.jpg

I had a great time, definitely going back next year.

Camera's really don't do justice to the height differences in Spa and Eau Rouge in particular, it's an amazing view.

dubc35

6 hours of Silverstone is this weekend and I just went to check when the Live stream would be starting and they're charging for it this year :(
Those cocks!

Sorry been working 7 days a week the last couple months and had a chance to check in on the race today (while at work). I don't understand charging for 6 hour+ races.

paskowitz

I had a great time, definitely going back next year.

Camera's really don't do justice to the height differences in Spa and Eau Rouge in particular, it's an amazing view.

I remember watching the R10 at Limerock. It was almost inaudible over all the other cars. I am sure the R18 is even quieter.

B.K.

I wish Bayne could get a full time ride with a good team. I'd like to see what he could really do in good equipment. He won't be around much longer. I'd like to see him get a chance.

LMP1 Sound Comparison:
(Porsche,Toyota,Toyota,Audi,Audi,Rebellion)

For me Toyota>Rebellion(LOUD)>Porsche>Audi[Vacuum :( ]
The Toyota sounds pretty fantastic, but I love how the Audi announces itself with its wind resistance first. Blows me away every time.

The variety is probably the best thing overall. Throw in the Astons and Corvettes and it's just awesome.

Dilly

Banned
Volkswagen can break the record of consecutive wins in WRC. Too bad Loeb left when Volkswagen entered, competition would really do WRC some good.

nny

OK, Rally Argentina starting soon!

do you know which TV channels are broadcasting some stages live?

you can watch round 1 of rallycross here btw:
http://new.livestream.com/fiaworldrallycross/rd1portugal

wrc.com mentions:

Argentina’s channel 12 (Cordoba) and Fox Sports Latin America will also provide LIVE coverage of the Super Special Stage on Thursday (from 1600hrs) and Saturday (from 1900hrs).

There's also the general list of broadcasters, but these will probably be just highlights and the Power Stage live (maybe).

nny

Three stages in Rally Argentina and it has been quite dramatic: Hirvonen and Østberg out, Sordo lost a lot of time with turbo issues...and Ogier is not the leader! ;P

Three stages in Rally Argentina and it has been quite dramatic: Hirvonen and Østberg out, Sordo lost a lot of time with turbo issues...and Ogier is not the leader! ;P

came back and checked wrc.com and was really surprised that Ogier is second.

you know last weekend i watched fia rallycross and they stream it live in HD on their homepage. available in countries where no tv channel is showing it live. why cant they do that in wrc? their promoter really sucks.

nny

came back and checked wrc.com and was really surprised that Ogier is second.

you know last weekend i watched fia rallycross and they stream it live in HD on their homepage. available in countries where no tv channel is showing it live. why cant they do that in wrc? their promoter really sucks.

It has been an interesting fight at the top, with Latvala and Ogier switching places after each of the specials. Tough luck for both Hyundays, though.

Yes, it's a shame how hard it is to catch some rallying live; I'm sure the sport would gain a much larger following. They have been improving slowly on the video side, but so far the live stuff has not been a priority. wrc.com has currently a fan survey where they ask about live streams, so maybe it's in the plans? Even if they have to be paid it would be good to have the option...

This is the survey, let's make our voices heard:

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/april/wrc-fan-survey/page/1245--12-12-.html

thefro

First GP of Indianapolis about to start. Should be interesting to see how the racing is on the reworked road course with the DW-12s.

thefro

Wow, a wreck already.

Indy should give up on road courses, they're cursed

For whatever reason they constantly fuck up standing starts.... seems like there's always a car or two that stalls

Road courses are fine, that's mostly what they run these days.

thefro

Love how they made the track wide enough for them to run 2 wide the whole way around. Seems like you could pass anywhere on the track.

I think they need to move NASCAR to the road course... would be a lot better race and be pretty insane.

Chris R

It was a real good race. Indycar needs to work on their start/restart procedure though, because it could have been an EVEN better one :(

dalin80

Banned
It was a real good race. Indycar needs to work on their start/restart procedure though, because it could have been an EVEN better one :(

Also massive safety car periods for an incident that should have been cleared within a couple of laps under local waved yellows. Almost as embarrassing as nascars 'debris yellows'.

Chris R

Also massive safety car periods for an incident that should have been cleared within a couple of laps under local waved yellows. Almost as embarrassing as nascars 'debris yellows'.

Those too.

At least Indy has the most important thing working well, that being that the racing on the track is interesting. Once everything else falls into place though, man will it be awesome.

Kansas finally started after a rain delay.

Love how they made the track wide enough for them to run 2 wide the whole way around. Seems like you could pass anywhere on the track.

I think they need to move NASCAR to the road course... would be a lot better race and be pretty insane.
Agreed. NASCAR on road circuits == awesome

I don't know what restarts usually look like in Indycar, but that was clownshoes today. Awful stuff. Race itself was pretty good. Winner was great, but I'm a bit of a Pagenaud fan so...

Didn't see the start of the race live, but watched the replay. Jesus christ, what a fiasco.

Branson

It's really sad to me that Indy Car isn't bigger. They've had some great races this year. I think it stands together with F1 for premier open wheel racing.

I really like this new Indy Road Course btw.

Chris R

Danica with a respectable finish today for a change.

Also, Night Kansas was pretty good, it should be a thing from now on if they are set in stone with it having two races a year.

Branson

Danica with a respectable finish today for a change.

Also, Night Kansas was pretty good, it should be a thing from now on if they are set in stone with it having two races a year.
Yep that was surprising. Glad Gilliland was fine after that violent wreck.

Top Bottom