• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

nny

Goddamn, Ogier shaves 3 s to Latvala's time...domination. 4th win in Portugal!

Nice podium - 3 different cars.

TylerD

7 Sprint Cup races - 7 winners. Joey Logano threw his hat in the ring and took the victory over Jeff Gordon in a green, white, checker finish after Kurt Busch brought out his 3rd caution of the day.

Kyle Larson (5th) continues to impress and finished behind Kyle Busch (3rd) and Brian Vickers (4th).

Dale Jr took himself out early and hurt Jimmie Johnson's race as well. Pretty interesting 1.5 miler race to be honest.

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrfnTKLNW5k&t=5s

Dale's fire escape from a fan perspective: He can't get out of the car! He can't get out of the car!!

2014_adac-opel-rallye-junior-t_ee1b5d24c8.jpg

There will be a live on board camera for the Opel Rally junior team tonight and tomorrow during one rally here in germany.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6767024/events/2912550/feed_embed?width=1280&height=720

TylerD

Darlington just started, no rain in sight from what I can see. Should be a good night of racing.

I'm watching. Was at a gathering and they put on the race for me. Good people but now I'm home. Crank it up!

So many stripes.

m0t0k1

Lorenzo What the hell did you do there at the start. Also lol at marquez at the last corner almost went wrong. Race was sligtly disapointing because 1 and 2 where both in no mans land. Shout out to dovi having the flu and still getting the podium.

Moto GP is done and dusted, nobody is catching Marquez, Honda need to dump that no hoper Pedrosa and get Lorenzo or Stoner back on the bike.

One man show.

Moto GP is done and dusted, nobody is catching Marquez, Honda need to dump that no hoper Pedrosa and get Lorenzo or Stoner back on the bike.

One man show.

Pedrosa a no hoper? I don't think so man. He is the best rider to have never won a championship and he has had a lot of bad luck throughout his career. Will he be able to fight Marquez for the title? No, but as a #2 rider, he is a no brainer for Honda to keep as long as they can. You also have to keep in mind team dynamics. Could you imagine Jorge being the #2 rider in a team? I don't think he is going to wear that, while Dani and Marc seemingly get on ok. It makes a team a lot easier to manage.

I think that jump start was really a sign of the pressure Jorge feels under because of Marquez. Marquez just looks a class above at the moment but lets always be careful about calling MotoGP "done and dusted". With the way Marquez rides, there is a very real possibility he could have season ending crash, or worse. I know that goes for all riders but Marquez style leaves no room for error.

A bit of a boring race but we are watching a new legend in the making. I have a feeling Marquez will have a few wins like that this season.

Jezbollah

I'm actually going to the one in Argentina and I don't seem to find any info at all anywhere.

I know a few MotoGP photographers - they have to sort their credentials out months in advance. I would suggest contacting Dorna.

m0t0k1

Apparently he was confused by mosquitoes on his tear-off, lol:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113442

Great win by Vinales in Moto2. He achieved his first victory in middle category earlier than Marquez did, so he's the one to watch out in the future.

Lol mosquitoes i really hate those insects with a passion. But yeah maybe he should have focused more. I hope he can win next round so he can get some confidence again i like to see the motogp more competetive then only marquez win. Vinales is great it's only his second race on a moto2 bike and to win a race is amazing!

Pedrosa a no hoper? I don't think so man. He is the best rider to have never won a championship and he has had a lot of bad luck throughout his career. Will he be able to fight Marquez for the title? No, but as a #2 rider, he is a no brainer for Honda to keep as long as they can.

It's not bad luck if you continuously push over your limit, fall off, then end up with broken bones, he's just not good enough to hang with the other Honda rider these last few years. He's had his time and done nothing, I bet they only kept him because of Repsol, but now with Marquez there he's surplus to requirement.

Nakamoto reportedly wants Stoner back for next season, he's ready with a blank cheque book to put together a Honda dream team. This needs to happen for the good of Moto GP

Yesterday:
stoner.jpg

ben-stiller-do-it.gif

Business

It's not bad luck if you continuously push over your limit, fall off, then end up with broken bones, he's just not good enough to hang with the other Honda rider these last few years. He's had his time and done nothing, I bet they only kept him because of Repsol, but now with Marquez there he's surplus to requirement.

Nakamoto reportedly wants Stoner back for next season, he's ready with a blank cheque book to put together a Honda dream team. This needs to happen for the good of Moto GP

While I can agree Pedrosa should have done more during all these years in HRC I do agree with Charlie he had bad luck on some key moments of his career, and not only injuries, off the top of my head I remember Misano 2012 where he had mechanical problems starting from pole, having to start last and recovering quick he was taken out by Barbera. It's possible he lost the title there. I too think he is a perfect number 2 for Marquez now, I don't see why Honda would spend more money on Lorenzo or Stoner in the current situation for a likely source of problems in and off the track, plus at the end of the day you can't win the championship twice the same year.

Yesterday:
stoner.jpg

ben-stiller-do-it.gif

Of course he has made mistakes throughout his career, all riders do but definitely has had his fair share of bad luck. Here is his Wikipedia:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani_Pedrosa

I wouldn't count being a consistent championship contender as "had his time and done nothing". I know we only all remember 1st but he has always been in the running and at this late point of his career all he has to do is make consistent podiums, while Marquez is winning and Honda is happy. Here is his MotoGP career stats-

Starts- 135
Wins- 25
Podiums- 86
Poles- 26

Doesn't look like the stats of a dud rider to me.

As for Stoner coming back, man I would love to see this but I don't know. I read somewhere that in his book he left the possibility of returning pretty open. I would love to see him race against Marquez and have a feeling they wouldn't be very good friends. Marquez crazy moves would really piss Stoner off.

While I can agree Pedrosa should have done more during all these years in HRC I do agree with Charlie he had bad luck on some key moments of his career, and not only injuries, off the top of my head I remember Misano 2012 where he had mechanical problems starting from pole, having to start last and recovering quick he was taken out by Barbera. It's possible he lost the title there. I too think he is a perfect number 2 for Marquez now, I don't see why Honda would spend more money on Lorenzo or Stoner in the current situation for a likely source of problems in and off the track, plus at the end of the day you can't win the championship twice the same year.

Yeah that's the other thing. How much extra would they have to pay to get a rider like Lorenzo. Dani is at this point the safe and cheaper option. Anyway I can't see Lorenzo and Marquez ever being teammates, especially as Lorenzo would have to be #2.

Edit-The incident you describe was in the Wikipedia I linked and related to a tyre warmer, here is what it says

At Misano, Pedrosa qualified on pole for the race,[26] which was then delayed after Karel Abraham's Ducati stalled just before the start, forcing the riders to complete a second parade lap. Pedrosa's front tyre warmer became stuck just before his bike was restarted; the bike was removed from the grid – to be replaced by the back-up bike – but the tyre warmer was removed at the last moment and the bike was restored to the grid. However, Pedrosa had to start the race from the back, due to a rules infraction relating to the start procedure.

6 hours of Silverstone is this weekend and I just went to check when the Live stream would be starting and they're charging for it this year :(

The news article that explains it and the iPad App was released yesterday. I don't think $20 is unreasonable for the season, just kinda came out of nowhere.

I hear you.

For the WEC to now charge for content that they had freely provided in years past is a major disappointment, and I can't help but worry about how badly this will impact their online viewership.

At least the price is reasonable, although it's a shame that the subscription doesn't extend to multiple devices. Depending on how other streaming options pan out for the race tomorrow, I'm strongly considering signing up.

Shaneus

Oh shit, I didn't realise that the 6hrs of Spa WEC race is only two weeks away.

I can't find any mention of the season pass (or anything about the stream) on the WEC website. Is it on there or some other page?

So Toyota will start from pole, (edging out the best of the Audis by 0.005 s). I'm a bit surprised to see Webber's Porsche on the third row, but still, the 6 factory P1s are less than a half-second apart, averaged over 4 laps between two drivers, with their best times within one or two tenths. Not bad.

That 919 is a rocket, though. Looking at the trap speeds, it's got 15 mph over the TS040 on the Hangar Straight, and 20 mph over the R18.

paskowitz

Oh yeah, it just seems so last minute.

The news article that explains it and the iPad App was released yesterday. I don't think $20 is unreasonable for the season, just kinda came out of nowhere.

My usually sites do not seem to have a stream set up. This has me a little worried. Also Le Mans is not included in the season pass... which sucks.

Top Bottom