• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Dead Man

My usually sites do not seem to have a stream set up. This has me a little worried. Also Le Mans is not included in the season pass... which sucks.

Yeah, the lack of Le Mans and the way you have to buy two passes to use on mobile and PC is pretty weak, as is the last minute change to a pay system.

Pretty disappointed honestly.

paskowitz

Yeah, the lack of Le Mans and the way you have to buy two passes to use on mobile and PC is pretty weak, as is the last minute change to a pay system.

Pretty disappointed honestly.

I always wondered how much revenue do they expect to generate? IDK, why don't they just say $30 gets you everything. I mean now I do not know what I am buying. How much is Le Mans? Oh so I don't get desktop and mobile. Do I get to watch the races after they have aired?

How can they expect anyone to make a purchasing decision given all of this?

I always wondered how much revenue do they expect to generate? IDK, why don't they just say $30 gets you everything. I mean now I do not know what I am buying. How much is Le Mans? Oh so I don't get desktop and mobile. Do I get to watch the races after they have aired?

How can they expect anyone to make a purchasing decision given all of this?

Yeah, this really sucks. I would consider it if they had full race replays but paying for just the live stream just isn't practical. I can't sit down for hours in the middle of the night so I just cannot justify $21 for live streaming only when I'd only catch part of a race.

At least there are 52 minute highlights available after a week for free and the app seems nice.

:lol at a streaming fee for WEC races that doesn't include Le Mans.

I'd be upset, but really it's just hilarious. Fingers crossed that revenue approaches zero this year and they go back to a non-stupid model. Sell adverts in the side pane of a web stream or something, duders

Pretty bummed to see the #1 Audi out so early. Wonder what happened to the #14 Porsche; it's been in the pits forever.

Edit: #2 Audi is now off.

Shaneus

lol, it was literally just to see if you'd been watching. :D

Was a good overtake a minute ago, shame he had to pit.
Bastard :p Was busy tonight, so missed the F1 and the WEC. Tempted to stay up and watch the rest of the latter, but I'm too lost at this point. Rather just have you sum it up for me later ;)

Can't believe that the majority of the LMP1s are out. Were Audi looking strong before they went out? How did they go out?

Yeah, definitely a race to forget for Audi.

Di Grassi lost it in the rain early on, and Treluyer later put a wheel on a curb and went into the barrier. Apparently, both monocoque tubs were damaged and will have to be repaired/replaced by Spa.

Red flagged. Race will not resume.

Congrats on the 1-2, Toyota. Can't complain with WEBBAH and Porsche being on the podium in their debut, either.

Shaneus

Red flagged. Race will not resume.

Congrats on the 1-2, Toyota. Can't complain with WEBBAH and Porsche being on the podium in their debut, either.
Yeah, that's great news. Does it look good for Porsche performance-wise or is it solely because they were last men standing to get on the podium?

Just quietly, Webber would've been happier than a pig in shit too after seeing the results/news from the F1 ;)

Hi GAF, took some pics at the BTCC today if anyone is interested, weather was gash though!

(click the pic for more)
Some great photos there! I think I'd like to see a race at Donnington, I've driven on it so many times in various games, looks like a great track to watch a race on.

Yeah, that's great news. Does it look good for Porsche performance-wise or is it solely because they were last men standing to get on the podium?

Just quietly, Webber would've been happier than a pig in shit too after seeing the results/news from the F1 ;)
Based on what little I saw, Porsche didn't have the pace of Audi or Toyota. So... the latter.

Yeah Porsche isn't quite there yet but they mentioned during the broadcast that Porsche was using the low downforce package as they don't have a high downforce package yet. Audi was definitely using the high package, while I'm not sure about Toyota.

Spookie

Anyone at Oulton Park today?

Edit: considering Chris Hoy was cycling before this he's exceptionally fucking good in a car.

TylerD

Fun Sprint Cup race at Richmond. Logano took advantage of the 3 way squabble in the last 10 laps to take his 2nd win. Can't believe this is his 6th year in Cup.

It's short track racing, one of them cut the other off and/or ran into the other guy, they started shouting at each other afterwards, somebody started shoving, one of them threw a punch. nothing to see here.

Was a pretty fun finish. Keselowski is a troublemaker and I love him for it.

Disappointed Jr always gets run over in those situations, and it happened again tonight, but ... he's not his dad. He's Mark Martin.

Dave_6

What an exciting end to the Cup race! Glad it was one of the Penske cars that took the win.

I've been at Barber all weekend so far for the Indy Car and Pirelli World Challenge races. Great weather and racing!

Shaneus

What happened? Did Ambrose have a chance at a decent finish?

I haven't been paying attention, but it seems like it's been a while since he was a shot at winning a few races (or placing well).

Now we wait for the comparisons to Russell Crowe ;)

Chris R

What an exciting end to the Cup race! Glad it was one of the Penske cars that took the win.

I've been at Barber all weekend so far for the Indy Car and Pirelli World Challenge races. Great weather and racing!
Great weather eh? Thanks for jinxing it :(

B.K.

Fines for Ambrose and Mears have been announced:

Probation until May 28 for both.

$25,000 fine for Ambrose

$15,000 fine for Mears.

Montoya is coming back to NASCAR. He's going to drive the Brickyard 400 for Penske and may drive the road courses.

Shaneus

Best $25,000 Ambrose has ever spent, I'd guess.

How much for that guy in the white shirt who did that chickenshit sucker punch and scuttled off?

Onboard video of the new Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course layout that they're using for the Indy Grand Prix in several days.

It's a big improvement for sure. So long 2nd gear mickey mouse section. You're now much quicker. I really like the new portion at the end as well, although I'd like to see some tires on the outside of the final turn (front straight wall).

They did a pretty nice job salvaging what had been a horrible layout.

Are they now going to be able to run the bikes in this direction too?

Dilly

Banned
Pretty hyped to see the WEC live at Francorchamps, I've never been there before even though it's only a 1h30 drive.

Top Bottom