• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

thefro

So Graham Rahal isn't having a very good year in IndyCar

jyFUxBM.png

Kurt Busch has more championship points than Graham despite only racing the 500.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
The Le Mans 24 Hours OT is pretty much done. I'll put it up on Monday 10 June. I leave for France two days later.

As for title:

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 |OT| Audi, Porsche, Toyota. One Winner.

Shaneus

Edmond Dantès;113509816 said:
The Le Mans 24 Hours OT is pretty much done. I'll put it up on Monday 10 June. I leave for France two days later.

As for title:

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 |OT| Audi, Porsche, Toyota. One Winner.
Fixed:
The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 |OT| Audi, Porsche, Toyota. One Webber.

dubc35

Shaneus

Whaaaaat?!?

Be great if that was on PC. But if not, I'll have to bring out the trusty iPad and HDMI adapter. Wooo!

Edit: So does that allow streaming for other races as well? By the sounds of it, there must be a licensing reason behind why you can get to the other races via the FIA WEC but Le Mans only via this app.

B.K.

Kyle Busch is a beast. He just won another Truck Series race at Dover. He's raced in four Truck Series races this year and has won four. NASCAR needs to make a rule banning him from anything besides the Cup Series.

TylerD

Kyle Busch is a beast. He just won another Truck Series race at Dover. He's raced in four Truck Series races this year and has won four. NASCAR needs to make a rule banning him from anything besides the Cup Series.

And add another Nationwide win...

Chris R

JJ gonna win again it seems like. Ugh

Let him get those meaningless wins as long as it keeps fucking up his karma in the cup races :) I just pretend he isn't racing when he does win a truck race.

Nah, let the poor guy win where he can. Against even talent and even equipment in Cup he's pedestrian.

Fox Mulder

I've always thought that they needed to keep the cup guys out of the lower series.

^ That's an old race from a couple of years ago.

They changed the track a bit since then and added another chicane at Mathers Cross (one of the high-speed corners) to slow the riders down. The corner at 2:02 min.

Most riders don't like these changes. They much prefer the faster circuits (average speed) like the TT and the Ulster GP because of the fast flowing sweeps you'll find there.

The Ulster GP is probably the favourite circuit of most riders.

Sorry mate I missed this post at the time. Since then I have watched quite a bit of road racing and yeah Ulster really is a scary circuit. One huge difference in road racing is the visible level of respect between the riders. A lot of the times they will back out of passes that in track racing would almost be a sure thing. Obviously this is because of the extra dangers and higher consequences of getting it wrong but its an interesting difference between road and track racing. That's not the say there isn't a high level of respect between track riders but in MotoGP if you leave the door even slightly open you can expect someone will make a dive at it, not so in road racing.

I am still left shaking my head at the level of danger these riders face. Massive respect.

Bradl's crash from warm-up:

http://gfycat.com/VagueWebbedCricket

Thankfully he's unhurt, but that's fucking crazy :O

Yeah he got beat up this weekend. Two very nasty and similar crashes where he is "launched" off the bike. You don't see many of these types of crashes anymore, so for 2 to happen to the same rider is very bad luck. The suit of armour did its job though, amazingly he walked away from both.

Wow! That Motogp race was a hell of a thing.

That was something man! I think we can say the Jorge hasn't "lost" it, as I keep reading on other forums. For sure Marquez has got the wind up him but he is a multiple world champion for a reason and he shown he is still the talented rider he always has been, but Marquez just too good. Nothing more can be said about him really. Is it really possible he could win and take pole for every race and become the first rider ever to have a perfect season? I doubt it but the fact that I am even thinking it has to mean something.

modulaire

iomtt-logopzkvp.jpg

Michael Dunlop won the first race of this year's TT on Saturday (Superbike). Bruce Anstey set a new outright lap record in his final lap: 132.298 mph. A very entertaining race, but Michael looks unbeatable on his new BMW machinery.

Wet roads and fog on the mountain section forced the organisers to delay the start of today's Supersport and Superstock races for a couple of hours.

You can listen to the radio commentary here: http://manxradio.com/. Should start in 3 hours or so.

Awesome posts and pics modulaire!

Tried to watch the iTV player but needed an account. Last year we got some coverage of Isle of Man on our free to air sports channel but nothing this year. I know bikes and racing aren't for everyone but I am surprised the Isle of Man doesn't generate a bit more buzz, just for the sheer insanity of it.

modulaire

Awesome posts and pics modulaire!

Tried to watch the iTV player but needed an account. Last year we got some coverage of Isle of Man on our free to air sports channel but nothing this year. I know bikes and racing aren't for everyone but I am surprised the Isle of Man doesn't generate a bit more buzz, just for the sheer insanity of it.

You just have to create an account on iTV, it's free.

The races are on YouTube, too (at the moment).

Superbike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DdwyypMu0I
Sidecar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKIrqGOZASs

Segment about the riders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u3Om-Os_k4

Shaneus

Wait, fuck... Le Mans 24hr is *this* weekend? Fuuuuucking awesome, Australia has a long weekend! Woohoo! How many people have bought the app's IAP to stream it on their phones/tablets? Does that gold pass thing include this or just the rest of the season?

Wait, fuck... Le Mans 24hr is *this* weekend? Fuuuuucking awesome, Australia has a long weekend! Woohoo! How many people have bought the app's IAP to stream it on their phones/tablets? Does that gold pass thing include this or just the rest of the season?

Next weekend. I thought it was this weekend as well as it seemed to always fall on the same weekend as the Canadian GP and Brundle never used to commentate on the GP as he was racing.

DD

Nope, next one. :c

Edit: beaten.

Dilly

Banned
I want a new wallpaper and was thinking about WEC at Spa-Francorchamps.

Where can I find high-res pictures? I only find the low res versions.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I want a new wallpaper and was thinking about WEC at Spa-Francorchamps.

Where can I find high-res pictures? I only find the low res versions.
Try these:

http://www.wallpaperup.com/tags/show/wec
How much is it going to cost to watch. All the pricing on the website just shows excluding Le Mans.
The Le Mans app is free for the basic version which includes news, live class updates, on-board cameras, car locations, driver and team info, interviews, and video.

$10.99 to watch live video feeds of practice, qualifying and the race itself.

For those watching on TV in the US, Fox Sports just announced their Le Mans broadcast schedule:

FOX SPORTS BROADCAST SCHEDULE (subject to change; all times ET):

Saturday, June 14 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (FOX Sports 1, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (FOX Sports 2, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM (FOX Sports GO, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 6:30 PM to 1:00 AM (FOX Sports 2, LIVE)
Saturday, June 14 – 1:00 AM to 7:30 AM (FOX Sports 1, LIVE)
Sunday, June 15 – 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM (FOX Sports 2, LIVE)

*Entire race streamed LIVE on FOX Sports GO

I applaud the livestreaming of the entire race on their app, (assuming you have an eligible provider), since FS2 is hot SD garbage.

Are they really not showing the finish on a bigger channel than FS2? I don't even get that channel. As great as NBC Sports has been across all the sports they cover, Fox has been equally as bad. The SPEED transition went poorly, and everything else they cover is done in a half-assed manner. Shame.

Top Bottom