• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Dilly

Banned
Rumours of another manufacturer joining WEC are still circulating.

Imagine a Ferrari LMP1 car, my goodness.

DD

Rumours of another manufacturer joining WEC are still circulating.

Imagine a Ferrari LMP1 car, my goodness.

Aren't they talking about Nissan?

Nissan-Le-Mans-2015-35-620x413.jpg

DD

But that's already announced.

Yeah, I know. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. But please be true! And be Ferrari. I need a team to hate, you know... >:D

EDIT: whatching the TUDOR Sportscar Series last weekend I heard something about Mazda, but I don't know if it's a LMP1 car. Probably a LMP2.

dubc35

My kingdom for Ferrari or Ford.

It's not going to be Ford, they are wusses now

Both would be epic, heck one would be great. Since MER is the new RBR in F1, bring on WEC challengers!

Stoked for Le Mans!!

Edmond Dantès;113509816 said:
The Le Mans 24 Hours OT is pretty much done. I'll put it up on Monday 10 June. I leave for France two days later.

Bring it!! ...and super jelly

Chris R

TNT, your audio is STUCK in a loop. FIX THAT SHIT PLEASE :(

edit: Oh NASCAR, I don't know what I'd do without your bullshit cautions.

Chris R

Great race at a good track. Trucks continue to produce for me at least, I like Wallace Jr too so him winning was a plus. Might not even watch the big boys tomorrow, I hate Michigan that much.

And it was great seeing Pedrosa finally being agressive too. Today any of the podium guys deserved the win, great stuff.

For sure. I was ready to blast him for letting Marquez push him around all race, but he finally pushed back at the end. I guess you could argue that maybe he shouldn't have been on the wheel of a guy struggling with the center of the corner, but that's splitting hairs. He had nowhere to go. I'd rather see him make a mistake being aggressive than to roll over for Marc yet again.

Jibbed

WTCC to race at the Nordschleife in 2015.

Autosport said:
The World Touring Car Championship will race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 2015 as a curtain-raiser to the track's 24 Hours.

The meeting is set to be the first world championship event on the circuit since the 1983 1000km World Sportscar race.

A three-year deal between WTCC promoter Eurosport Events and 24h-race organiser ADAC Nordrhein has been agreed.

The event also marks the return of the WTCC to Germany, three years on from its last foray at Oschersleben.

The WTCC's usual event format - made of two 60km races - will be revised.

Francois Ribeiro, Eurosport Events COO, explained: "To tackle this monument of car racing history, we asked FIA to revise the sporting regulations for that event.

"The idea is to hold one single 120km race, with one pitstop. The details of this particular format will be worked out between FIA, Eurosport Events and teams before the next FIA Touring Car Commission."

Lada racer James Thompson told AUTOSPORT: "We were told in Moscow it was likely to happen. Not many [current WTCC drivers] will have raced there, certainly I haven't.

"I have a lot of laps to do before I can even think about being anywhere near competitive.

"It will be a fantastic race, I am sure."

Sweet.

DD

Anyone planing to watch the 24hs of Nurburgring tomorow? 210 (!!!) cars on track, and our GT big boss Kazunori Yamauchi will be there racing.

andylsun

Anyone planing to watch the 24hs of Nurburgring tomorow? 210 (!!!) cars on track, and our GT big boss Kazunori Yamauchi will be there racing.

Going to try to watch it. Always watch Le Mans 24 hour, but never watched this. It appears YouTube live stream is the only option in the USA?

andylsun

Threading through the traffic already - wow

Lots of incidents now

Edit: nismo TV stream seems better than the official adac one, higher bit rate

Chris R

They can't control the weather.

I didn't say they could. But parking the cars instead of letting the drivers decide on slicks or wets is a lame move. At least they got the race going. Good shit so far.

Final 5 laps and 3 GWCs should be interesting.

NASCAR on road courses is the best. Though the full course yellow policy is comically bad.

They should race at Sebring now that they own the track!

andylsun

Radio Le Mans at night is glorious.

Fixed camera on the pit lane and the radio commentators are very chilled out and probably slightly drunk and tired. It's awesome

Yamuchi-San is 30th (23rd in class) and lapping in the 8.40's

"The Clio has just crashed into the Armco at the karousel"

"That Armco was just repaired"

"Don't worry, it's a Clio, it will just bounce off"

In general the wee hours at Le Mans make for hilarious commentary.

Don't remember what year it was (not this year), but the lead Eurosport commentator during that time was killing me. So many nonsequiturs.

Didn't hear him this year, btw... :/

Fox Mulder

So I just started watching the 24 hour nurburgring YouTube stream, and it's just guys talking over a pit road camera angle. Do they ever show on board cameras at night?

they were so cool at le mans.

andylsun

So I just started watching the 24 hour nurburgring YouTube stream, and it's just guys talking over a pit road camera angle. Do they ever show on board cameras at night?

they were so cool at le mans.

Nothing but this camera till dawn I believe. Was cool when about 40 cars all went by together, radio guys went nuts

Leunam

Race in Sonoma today right? Waiting to hear back from a friend so I might have plans but if not then I'm going to try and watch this.

Top Bottom