• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

m0t0k1

Man people in the audience where screaming at rossi during motogp what the hell was he doing switching. Too bad about the weather compared to last year it was really hot a nice around the circuit.

untitled-26hkel.gif

lol, it's just too easy for him.

Chris R

Indy in Houston with rain... Over/Under half the cars finishing the race?

edit: Sato doing work, time for him to get the lead and crash out 3/4 of the way through.

Chris R

Poor Sato. Typical Indycar bullshit though not black flagging Macro sooner. Should have happened ASAP with Marco's teammate in 2nd behind Sato :|

Man people in the audience where screaming at rossi during motogp what the hell was he doing switching. Too bad about the weather compared to last year it was really hot a nice around the circuit.

I think Colin Edwards went Wet->Dry->Wet->Dry during the race!

Chris R

The BradK show was boring as fuck, being on TNT didn't help it. At least there is more indy tomorrow and Daytona is only a week away.

m0t0k1

I think Colin Edwards went Wet->Dry->Wet->Dry during the race!

Yup he had nothing to lose during the match and i think i saw him 4 times in the pit. It is still sad to see him getting on the podium with the factory Yamaha bike and then dropping down like this :( still think it is a great rider. Didn't take any pictures this year because i was afraid of the rain ruining my camera. It was dry and sunny when i left my house so i thought gonna be a good day. But nope luckily i had an umbrella with me. Always love the TT so much going on around and on the track.

Chris R

Loving Houston this year after the mess it was last year. Sato isn't going to be driving much longer if he keeps junking cars :(

Yup he had nothing to lose during the match and i think i saw him 4 times in the pit. It is still sad to see him getting on the podium with the factory Yamaha bike and then dropping down like this :( still think it is a great rider. Didn't take any pictures this year because i was afraid of the rain ruining my camera. It was dry and sunny when i left my house so i thought gonna be a good day. But nope luckily i had an umbrella with me. Always love the TT so much going on around and on the track.

Yeah he was brilliant in Superbikes, but a bit like Spies, it never really translated to MotoGP. I'm not sure if he has the same bike as Aleix Espargaro, I know he did at the start of the season, but I imagine his career is coming to an end.

Chris R

The Indy Car races were terrific. I really, really like the double race weekends.

Me too. I think it allows the drivers to be more aggressive knowing that if they end up out of the race then can get some points the next day and have a decent weekend instead of losing everything with a single decision.

But then I go and look at the Indycar website and it seems that both races are independent of each other, and both pay full points. I could have sworn the double race things split points :|

pixelated

m0t0k1

Yeah he was brilliant in Superbikes, but a bit like Spies, it never really translated to MotoGP. I'm not sure if he has the same bike as Aleix Espargaro, I know he did at the start of the season, but I imagine his career is coming to an end.

Yeah i can only find sources saying the both ride the same bike. But that was before the start of the season during introductions. Yeah i believed he announced during the texas race that this will be his last season as motogp rider.
Yes he did amazing during his Superbikes years. Still hope to see A super bike race but they usually race at TT at the end of april which is kinda busy period for me.

B.K.

Today is the 30th anniversary of Richard Petty's 200th, and final, career Winston Cup Series win in th e1984 Firecracker 400 at Daytona.

ruzi63d.jpg

TylerD

I predicted a yellow for rain within 7 laps for the Coke Zero 400 @ Daytona. What do I win?

Going to be a loooong day.

Danica got a top ten!

Because everyone else wrecked.

:lol @ Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon both finishing in the top 15 at Daytona with wrecked cars.

Chris R

JPM won! He won on an "Oval" too!!!

Is the NASCAR race worth catching on a rebroadcast sometime this week? DVR was packed so I had to let it slip. Wish it would have aired last night :(

edit: Never mind, no rebroadcast midweek for some reason. Oh well.

thefro

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/07/07/nascar-teams-form-business-alliance/12288547/

First step to a CART/USAC type split in NASCAR?

NASCAR's nine most powerful teams have formed the Race Team Alliance, a business association intended to increase revenues and budget efficiency for Sprint Cup organizations.

The RTA is comprised of Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Michael Waltrip Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports, Roush Fenway Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing and Team Penske. It intends to open its membership to all teams in NASCAR's premier series.

A release said the organization "creates for the first time a single entity to engage with stakeholders on creative ways to market and experience the power of the sport's teams and drivers. As part of its focus, the RTA also plans to explore innovative ways to harness the combined purchasing power and scale of the teams' operations to drive efficiencies in costs."

dubc35

Ford to enter LMP2 car in Le Mans?

I'd rather see them in LMP1 if they're going to go, but the more Le Mans entries the better IMO.

Ford has been out of the Le Mans game for some time now, but that may soon change. Racer reports that the Blue Oval is mulling a return to Le Mans for 2017 -- not in the top-tier LMP1 class, but the still highly competitive LMP2 class.

Ford currently competes in the Tudor United SportsCar Championship (TUSCC) series, racing two factory-backed, EcoBoost-powered Daytona Prototypes. The twin-turbo 3.0-liter EcoBoost V-6 that powers those prototypes could wind up in an LMP2 car, if the Le Mans program is greenlit. Ford's biggest claim to fame at Le Mans is the four consecutive wins scored by the GT40 from 1966 to 1969. A Ford LMP2 effort probably wouldn't top that, as an overall win would be out of the question. Still, Ford would have the chance to scrap with Nissan and Honda for in-class honors.

Racer suggests Ford might turn to Canadian outfit Multimatic Motorsports for its carbon fiber monocoque chassis, as the two companies previously worked together on an earlier Daytona Prototype. With the TUSCC series expected to eventually move to a unified LMP2-style chassis to close the gap between Daytona Prototypes and current P2s, the Ford-powered racer could debut for the 2016 TUSCC season with an eye on the 2017 24 Hours of Le Mans. Ford would run the cars first in the Tudor series to acquire aero and engine data. Racer notes that Ford recently listed a job posting for an aerodynamics supervisor, who would oversee stock car and sports car racing programs.

What do you think? Should Ford return to Le Mans? And if it does, should it shoot for the number-two class or go for an outright win in LMP1? Share your thoughts in the comments.

B.K.

Heat race 3 is about to start at Eldora. Main event starts in about a hour and a half. I'm looking forward to it. Eldora was the best race last season. It's too bad they'll never bring the Cup Series there.

Top Bottom