• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Chris R

This Truck race is a disaster. I feel sorry for anyone who paid to be there.

I got my ticket for free basically when I went in 2012.

Still was too tired to stay out there and watch the race :( Stayed for qualifying and drove back to my hotel room.

B.K.

Chase Elliot is the 2014 Nationwide Series champion. I never thought he'd win it, especially in his rookie year. I figured he was just riding his dad's name, but it looks like he's pretty good.

Bandit1

It's a shame that Jeff's tire got cut down.

He was my pick to win it all. Have to stick with him, and he is one hell of a driver.

#Bradnation

You brought me here. You couldn't know then that this would be our fate. Circumstances beyond our control have made us sworn enemies. I think we both know that this is how it has to be. Somebody's going down.

jk we can still be friends :p

B.K.

Harvick
Hamlin
Logano
Newman

I hope Newman wins the championship next week to show how broken this format is.

TylerD

As much as I didn't like that move I'd rather he won than any of the other 3

I'm fine with the move as well. Did what he needed to get in. The fact he is in with a chance to win the championship is hilarious.

He's not going to win.

Bandit, both are drivers are out! :(

Bandit1

Disappointed Gordon didn't make it. If last weeks restart had went any different at all.. I hope Newman wins the championship without winning a race just to upset NASCAR's whole "You have to win" crap. The sport needs a major overhaul.

Edit: Yep, we both lost Tyler

Crazy conspiracy theory that probably won't come true: NASCAR penalizes Newman for that last lap pass, knocking him out of the chase and ensuring that their new points system isn't upset by a non-winning driver getting the championship.

Chris R

The sport doesn't need an overhaul. Racing has been good this year for the most part.

The points system is the thing that needs to be looked at. Chase was only added to make the races during football season "exciting"

Personally, I think the current chase is great. It's been exciting as hell. Mission accomplished from where I stand.

I'm a knowledgeable, but fairly casual NASCAR fan, so I don't really have an emotional tie to the "traditional" way of crowning the champ. If F1 went this way, I'd probably flip my lid however, so I can empathize with you dyed in the wool guys. I'll happily watch "moot" F1 races, as I'm sure you guys would for NASCAR.

I thought Newman's move was fine. There's not a single other person who wouldn't have done the same thing. It's going to be the same next week, so we all better get used to it! Will Harvick be the dumper or the dumpee? That's my partial prediction. I guess I'll go with the dumper as he was my pick before the Chase started. Harvick dumps Logano on a GWC. Chaos ensues. Book it :p

Mastah

He's sitting in his car right now. Hopefully we'll get clean first lap and I'm looking forward to what he can do from the back of the grid.

5 minutes to restart!

Mastah

Verstappen made over 10 positions and first time we see him is when he has 4 second gap to the next guy. Thx, TV director!

Juicy Bob

Great scrap for second place as Verstappen jumps up to seventh.

Really, this should've been his race but he threw it away yesterday.

Juicy Bob

Bloody dangerous situation, that.

Good thing the marshals weren't out there to wave him into the pits when he was still bombing it around thinking he had one more lap to do.

Do they not have team radio on these cars?

TylerD

The Penske cars have those fenders yanked way the hell out.

3 of the Championship 4 in the top 4 early on.

Edit: And NEWMAN joins the party. All 4 in the top 6.

Bandit1

NASCAR needs to rule on the side skirts, shit is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, I think they talked about it but decided not to do a rule change mid-chase. They'll probably do something about it next year.

33 to go, I'm pulling for a Gordon win/Harvick championship.

A quick stat check shows 4 wins, 8 second place finishes, and 14 top 5's this season for Jeff Gordon and a 0% chance to win the championship.

#2014Chase

TylerD

The Dinger had an abrupt spin and crash there.

This looks like its coming down to the 11 and 4. The 31 and 22 are up there too but don't seem to have the cars.

Edit: Maybe there is a scuffle In front and Newman wins lol

Top Bottom