• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Chris R

He's the one I'd prefer to win it, but it'll be Hamlin or Harvick.

I'd be fine if Newman or Hamlin won, but fuck Harvick (and Delana)

edit: Format is dumb, we should totally see if we can come up with a better solution over the winter break. I prefer a pure points with an emphasis on winning and maybe a one or two race muligan drivers could use in case of engine blowups or dumb ass drivers crashing into them on lap 3.

Bandit1

This format is dumb but I am the edge of my seat. Incredible stuff.

Yes, format is ridiculous, and by no means the best judge of a driver's/team's ability, but it does put you on the edge of your seat.

Also I have no idea why Gordon pitted... What the heck?

I can't believe Emmo is going to get behind the wheel at 67. He's a savvy bugger though. If there's money to be made, he's game for just about anything.

Not surprised at all about DTM in the US. The cars are too expensive and too specialized.

Sadly, it looks like Interlagos will be the Great Dane's final race.

Le Mans legend Tom Kristensen announces retirement from racing
:

Nine-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner Tom Kristensen will retire from racing at the end of this year's World Endurance Championship.

The 47-year-old Dane made the announcement on Wednesday in his homeland in the company of Audi Sport boss Wolfgang Ullrich, who brought Kristensen to the German marque ahead of the 2000 season.

Kristensen told the press conference in Copenhagen: "I have been told that you know when it's time to stop and I have not had that feeling until now.

"Over the past couple of months, my thoughts of retiring have been stronger, and therefore, it feels right to inform you today that I am retiring from motor racing.

"I still feel I am in peak physical form and possess the necessary mental toughness both in and outside of the car: it has been important for me to stop while I am still strong and able to deliver top performances at Audi."

With Dindo and McNish gone, and Kristensen now finally riding off into the sunset, it's truly the end of an era for Audi, but what a ride it's been. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Le Mans.

DD

I can't believe Emmo is going to get behind the wheel at 67. He's a savvy bugger though. If there's money to be made, he's game for just about anything.

Not surprised at all about DTM in the US. The cars are too expensive and too specialized.
He's a national hero, and it's probably just trying to grab some attention to WEC in Brazil while having some fun, since he's the promoter. Empty stands in the last two years. This year the tickets are REALLY cheap. Fuck, I'd love to go, but... :(

Sadly, it looks like Interlagos will be the Great Dane's final race.

Le Mans legend Tom Kristensen announces retirement from racing
:

With Dindo and McNish gone, and Kristensen now finally riding off into the sunset, it's truly the end of an era for Audi, but what a ride it's been. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Le Mans.
Fuckin' legend! Will be missed. Are people speculating about his substitute? That's a great seat for Button if he leaves F1...

dubc35

On the retirement note, Mikko Hirvonen's last rally was this past weekend at Rally GB. He finished 2nd to Loeb 4 times in the WRC title.

Jezbollah

Shadowed somewhat by Webber's crash, is the news that Ford have officially announced they are pulling out of V8 Supercars at the end of 2015.

That's a whole shit-ton of history going with them too...

Shaneus

Shadowed somewhat by Webber's crash, is the news that Ford have officially announced they are pulling out of V8 Supercars at the end of 2015.

That's a whole shit-ton of history going with them too...
What? Completely, or just as a local supporter of the teams? Wasn't Ambrose driving a Ford over the next few years for DJR?

Frawdder

What? Completely, or just as a local supporter of the teams? Wasn't Ambrose driving a Ford over the next few years for DJR?
Just as a sponsor, FPR wont get any money from them after next year.

We'll probably still see Falcons on the grid in 2016, FPR (or whatever that team turns into) just needs to find money elsewhere, and DJR, which hasn't been backed by Ford for a number of years now, has that Penske deal kicking in next year, so they will survive.

Shaneus

From Rubinho's Twitter:
Visitando meu amigo #MarkWebber no hospital. Ele esta bem apos a pancada nas #6hrsdeInterlagos
Visiting my friend #MarkWebber in the hospital. He is well after the blow in #6hrsdeInterlagos
m6xWL9c.png

Top Bottom