• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

elfinke

That ending was fucking incredible! Suck it whingecup! And Nissan second! What a race

wow....what a race. Winterbottom should have won though :(

Cracking race. Fucking Whincup and Roland Dane got what they deserved. You might even say that Whincup's karma ran out of fuel...

Great to see Nissan on the podium too. Taz is a cool enough fella. Feel sorry for both Shane Van Hamburger and Frosty, though obviously for different reasons. Despite Skaife sticking up for his old chum, that was an unbelievably ordinary piece of driving by Lowndes.

With Ford leaving the game altogether (petition notwithstanding), this was a timely victory for the factory team.

Shaneus

Holy shit, only just heard that Whincup ran out of fuel. And the driver who won did so from the back of the grid. AND it was a Ford.

Good on him/them!

elfinke

Holy shit, only just heard that Whincup ran out of fuel. And the driver who won did so from the back of the grid. AND it was a Ford.

Good on him/them!

Haha, yep young Chaz Mostert ran a wonderful race. He seems like a good kid,who wasn't even born when his co-driver (Paul Morris) made his debut in v8s, lol.

As Whingecup was making his way up the mountain on the final lap, his team was telling him to conserve fuel for Conrod straight, to ensure he got home - he literally rolled over the line. In the post race interview he said he was only interested in going for it, to hell with team orders, a all-or-nothing approach, which I admire.

I see Lowndes apologised to Frosty and blamed glare for not seeing him. Seems pretty weak to me, but whatever.

Shaneus

I see Lowndes apologised to Frosty and blamed glare for not seeing him. Seems pretty weak to me, but whatever.
Lowndes ran into Winterbottom? God damnit :/

What are the plans for Ford in the coming years? My uneducated, uninformed guess will peg at least the Penske/Ambrose team driving a Mondeo, but that's all I can come up with.

moojito

I always love these long line draft races. There seems to be a lot more strategy going on, and always the chance for random cars to come right out of nowhere and snatch the win, like we had last season.

B.K.

Keselowski.....If NASCAR had any integrity at all, they wouldn't let Keselowski move on to the next round of the Chase, even with a win, after all the stuff he did last weekend.

Bandit1

Keselowski.....If NASCAR had any integrity at all, they wouldn't let Keselowski move on to the next round of the Chase, even with a win, after all the stuff he did last weekend.

After last week I was hoping Brad would get eliminated today.

Sorry Tyler :p

TylerD

My pick moves on. He is going to get so much shit next week at Martinsville.

This format really makes it rough on the drivers but man it is bringing the entertainment.

Bandit1

I'm just glad Gordon's in. He should have a good shot to win at Martinsville. The other 3 Hendrick cars can run defense.

#Nothing2Lose

Edit: So when it gets down to the last race there will only be 4 cars with a chance, do the points reset there? Top finish in that race automatically wins the championship?

Chris R

Hendrick has 1 car in... Crazy stuff.

Seriously, had a chance to have none in if KB didn't have the day he did.

Now to see if JR Nation raises a stink about the format.

Edit: So when it gets down to the last race there will only be 4 cars with a chance, do the points reset there? Top finish in that race automatically wins the championship?

Yup, highest finish wins from the 4 remaining drivers.

B.K.

Today was the 10th anniversary of the Hendrick Motorsports plane crash near Martinsville. It's hard to believe it's been that long.

Chris R

The best things about these weekends is the feeling I get when I know KB will never win a Cup Championship.

Maybe his having a kid next year keeps him out of the lower series to boot.

The best things about these weekends is the feeling I get when I know KB will never win a Cup Championship.

Maybe his having a kid next year keeps him out of the lower series to boot.
Considering what a crapshoot the current Chase is, literally any competitive driver could win a championship.

It's an effectively meaningless trophy as a result though, so there's that

Line_HTX

I think that was a bloody punch and a crew brawl, right? That bump happened at the worst time for Gordon.

EDIT: "He's just a dipshit." Oh boy, that's a fine right there.

B.K.

EDIT: "He's just a dipshit." Oh boy, that's a fine right there.

And the sad thing is Gordon will get fined more for calling him a dipshit than Keselowski will get fined. NASCAR SHOULD have either suspended Keselowski after Charlotte or taken him out of the Chase. They aren't going to do that though. All they care about is money. Tonight was one of the first times ever I was cheering for Jimmie Johnson. I'm for whoever can keep that giant douchebag out of the last round of the Chase.

I missed the end of the race. I heard it on the radio though. Kyle Busch said that each race makes this new Chase format look stupider and stupider.

Bandit1

I love how Harvick was casually leaned up against Keselowski's car, then a few seconds later he comes up behind him and shoves him, then pulls back while the mayhem ensues.

Top Bottom