• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Marcos Ambrose is going back to Australia next year.

That's too bad. Really good guy, Ambrose. It sounds like a fantastic opportunity to run Penske cars in Aussie V8 however. Roger to the rescue yet again.

Danica currently withstanding, I think the discipline crossover phase is officially over. Finito. I've learned that an outsider can semi-regularly be competitive and have the occasional excellent finish, but their well is never going to be as deep as guys that have come up the traditional way. You need to grow up on ovals. It's as simple as that.

That's not terribly surprising, really. You're never going to beat the best of the best at their discipline just by being good, or really good. You've got to be great, and you can't be great when you pick it at 30 or even 20 for that matter.

TylerD

Shame about the 43 blowing up.

Larson in the lead with 37 to go and a really good car. This could be the first win.

Edit: this is good stuff. And Wrecky and Danica love tap.

Someone is making a documentary about Gonzalo Rodríguez entitled "Gonchi" . Here's the trailer. It looks really well done. I know that he was very well liked, so it's cool that 15 years later they've gone and made a movie about him.

B.K.

I'm not saying it's gonna be Jimmie Johnson...

But actually come to think about it I am saying that.

I don't think Jimmie will get number seven this year. He and Chad Kanaus haven't been good at cheating this year. The Penske cars are too good. I don't think anyone can stop them this year.

TylerD

Rather uneventful and clean race. Nothing too wrong with that.

Congrats to Jeff Gordon. 92 wins!

The Dinger was fighting a demon. That thing was awful.

Motors TV moves to free-to-air this Thursday in the UK, Freeview channel 71:

The motorsport-dedicated channel, which carries coverage of series including the World Rally Championship, World Endurance Championship, V8 Supercars, United SportsCar Championship and Formula 3 European championship, will be rolled out on Thursday to the 9.2million homes in the UK that receive TV broadcasts via standard free-to-air platforms.

For the first time ever terrestrial TV viewers can watch the widest range of live motorsport coverage in the UK, as well as world championships, international and national series, and the sort of grassroots categories that are already enjoyed by thousands of fans across the country.

I should also add that we couldn’t have picked a better weekend to expand our potential audience as we’ll be showing V8 Supercars’ showpiece event – the Bathurst 1000 – live in its entirety. I know that will go down very well indeed!

Jezbollah

Motors TV is a garbage channel. Their broadcast quality is often VHS like, and they mess up their schedules constantly. It's good that they decided to go FTA, but I think this is the last gamble before they finally fold.

Dead Man

Anyone else settling in for a Sunday of v8's at Bathurst?

First bathurst I've not watched in in over 20 years. Their pay tv deal really fucked me off, so I'm just getting used to the upcoming complete abandonment of FTA racing. The no HD pisses me the fuck off as well.

Makes me sad, but I can't support a racing series that does that.

elfinke

First bathurst I've not watched in in over 20 years. Their pay tv deal really fucked me off, so I'm just getting used to the upcoming complete abandonment of FTA racing. The no HD pisses me the fuck off as well.

Makes me sad, but I can't support a racing series that does that.

Oof, the no-HD thing is just unbelievable. I swear I tweet about it every race/sport weekend. The sport really has made its bed and deserves to wake up with fleas from it.

Top Bottom