• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

dubc35

Can someone make a new thread? It's a bit strange to post in a 2014-motorsport-thread ;)
I created this thread and brought up the idea of a new one in 2015 and 2016 but most were fine staying in this thread. If someone wants to make a new one please do. I don't really have time to if we want more than just a new thread with a blank OP.

Edit, Re-read this and it kind of had a complaining/negative tone to it, didn't mean it to be that way. More than open to a new one if people want one.

Is anyone watching this NASCAR all star race? Andy Grammar is singing and people are just staring at him and it's killing me. Lol

Also Go Jr.

Reading the summary of the race, lmao

There cannot be a racing body more incompetent than NASCAR. You need a money printing machine to breed this much stupidity in leadership positions.

... I can't wait until they're hard enough for cash that they start selling off tracks!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Crazy Moto3 race today, 23 drivers ended in 3 seconds
Moto2 race red flagged, because rouge bike damaged safety barrier

EDIT: That was crazy stuff in Moto2, from confusion at restart to Baldasari-Zarco duel till the last corner

Juicy Bob

I hate how MotoGP is just 'The Valentino Rossi Show, featuring other riders'.

He's amazing. I get it. You don't have to keep going on about for literally all race, every race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like there is something wrong with Yamaha engine, because Lorenzo had similar explosion in morning warmup

Mastah

What a final lap :D That's why I fucking love MotoGP.

Absolutely stunning races in all 3 classes. What a great day!

super.modulaire

Neo Member
Here is the full BBC-coverage from the North West 200 (road racing). Great event with some tragic incidents unfortunately.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAMsNfixmmI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGg643upIA
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NarpprE1neI

btw Bruce Ansley hit 209.8 mph (338 km/h) on his Superbike on public roads!

200 mph, 4 abreast on a country road.
screenshot_20160522-1aqpy3.png

Mastah

Dear Jack Miller,

To finish first, first you have to finish a fucking race!

Signed,

Everyone

This time it wasn't his fault:

"In the warm-up lap the front brake felt strange, so I adjusted the lever before the start," he explained.

"When I got to the first turn I braked normally, but as I was leaning the bike into it I felt the wheel lock up and I crashed.

"First of all I want to apologise to Baz and Miller, who I involuntarily involved in my crash."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124439/baz-could-face-sideline-spell-after-mugello-crash

Mastah

Hinchcliffe on pole, that's a great story. One year after this place almost claimed his life, I'll be rooting for him next Sunday.

dubc35

100th running of the Indy 500 is now completely sold out. Over 350k expected Sunday

They're actually lifting the local TV blackout in Indianapolis

They have a local TV blackout in Indy? As someone who absolutely despises draconian blackout rules (MLB.TV looking at you), I find that hilarious. I understand the intent but I don't think it's reality anymore (i.e. not going to persuade someone to buy tickets if something is blacked out).

Great news it is sold out though! My dad and brother went about 20 years ago. I would like to go at least once. I still need to get to an F1 GP as well. Actually, the Portland ALMS race in 2006 is the only larger race I have been to (if you can even call ALMS @ PIR a large race lol).

Chris R

Going to miss the races on Sunday for the first time in a long time. Taking a vacation instead of just chilling at home all weekend like I normally do.

Going to suck to know the winners of the races and not watch them live, just hope 3+ hours for each race is good on my DVR heh.

Dilly

Banned
Any of you guys stayed at a campsite during the Le Mans 24 hours?

Can't find any information if there is a time limit to enter the camp site, we would be arriving late friday evening.

B.K.

I'm glad to see Truex win, but there's no way that car was legal. I wonder if Gibbs was trying something different on that chassis and engine, so if NASCAR finds something illegal, they can deny it.

super.modulaire

Neo Member
Finally it's time for the Isle of Man TT! My favorite motorsport-event of the year.

Michael Dunlop just did a 131.5 mph (average speed) lap in practice on his Superbike.

Absolutely insane. Just a few years ago that was the outright lap record and now they are doing these times in practice already...

Business

Iannone is a lost cause.

On the bright side Rossi is back in the title charge after Mugello's engine failure so I'm glad about that.

Business

Yeah that time Marquez got Rossi on T1 and Rossi had a look through the outside of T2 I had to stand up... heh. One could really tell how much they were dancing on the limit, specially Marquez, that save on the last chicanne was sick.

DD

I was just reading this piece on this Brazilian website about the "Russian Nascar", the Dzintara Volga that I've never heard about before, and I got curious about what other main series other countries have. Of course, some of them I know well, like Nascar in the US, BTCC in England, DTM in Germany, Stock Car in Brazil, TC2000 in Argentina, V8 Supercars in Australia...

Since this thread is kind of slow, and I'm interested to know, I ask you: what's the main series in the country you live? Explain with pictures and/or videos, and even specs if possible.

Top Bottom