• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Foggy

Yeah I was impressed by the VR short. It's still a half-measure until light field cameras become the standard and resolution gets better. But for what it is, very cool and endeared me even more to Elliot.

bitbydeath

I jumped onto this show a few weeks ago and have just caught up to the latest.

Simply amazing writing and outstanding performance by Rami.

fsociety-mask-elliot.png

tumblr_nu808egpoG1tu1beso1_500.jpg

tumblr_nukza7CyGX1tu1beso1_500.jpg

New episode tonight:
eps2.3logic-b0mb.hc

Elliot is unable to quit the game; Dom and the FBI travel to China to investigate five/nine; Joanna is haunted; Darlene asks Angela for help.
The episode is scheduled for 10:01 pm – 11:13 pm tonight.

Finally! Season 1's soundtrack is available on Spotify UK, not sure about any other regions but I'd assume it's all the same.

Hit play and go here to get the true Mr Robot experience.

Zekes!

Caught up on last week's episode finally, just in time for tonight's new one.

Excited to see what's going to happen next.

Theme song!

Loved the abrupt shift from the stereotypical, overly dramatic movie-like depiction of hacking to the mundane reality of it.

I'm laughing my ass off because I just started watching this and I'm on the episode where Elliot gives Bill a hard time... Came here just to say that of all things, that's what's made me dislike Elliot so far.

I care, Bill. :(

Funny that there's more sexual tension between B.D. Wong and Dom than between any actual couple that ever existed on this show.

Joey Badass killed it with that speech ("existence could be beautiful, or it could be ugly, but that's on YOU").

Couldn't help but be reminded of Evangelion with the clapping and wishes scene.

tumblr_inline_o6lsbdGfWY1ra081x_500.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
HOLY SHIT those last ten minutes.

Poor black FBI agent just getting gunned down for our shock and awe value. Though the bigger question is: Who's hair is that? The girl's he saw on the Silk Road clone?

Yoooooo, talk about an episode! And now, we see Mr. Robot in the full swing of things. Notice that so much of the pacing was dependent on Dom, Ray & Elliot being placed in an entirely new environment, Angela and her deepened roots in Evil Corp, and the Dark Army. These were all elements that have been slowly built-up in the first 4 episodes, the majority of which were either unexpanded in season 1 or simply hadn't existed yet.

I didn't post that out as an "see, told ya the show would pick up". More that the show had to build up new settings & cast for season 2. And honestly, I think they delivered.

Omg. Ray looked like such an evil mofo in the end.

So his website is a hitman site? And sex trafficking? How did Elliot even meet him? When he was Mr Robot? but how exactly? I dont understand how Ray got to know Elliot

The Chinese general guy-- he's Dark Army right? Why were the FBI meeting him? Because they did security for E Corp? Was that Dark Army in the shootout?

And what's up with Tyrell? Why isnt he talking to his wife? And who was Kareem/the guy she had killed?

CRS

Glad that they're still using this. There's new info if you answer the question correctly. Also, I tried the Tor link, no luck. Guess setting that up was too much for them.

So his website is a hitman site? And sex trafficking? How did Elliot even meet him? When he was Mr Robot? but how exactly? I dont understand how Ray got to know Elliot
Ray runs a black market website. Basically Silk Road since it references the Silk Road founder in the username.
The Chinese general guy-- he's Dark Army right? Why were the FBI meeting him? Because they did security for E Corp? Was that Dark Army in the shootout?
Yes, she is the leader(? I think) of the Dark Army but she's also China's Minister of State Security. They were meeting them because of the five/nine attack. FBI was there since E-Corp backup sites were in China. They also wanted any information they might have with the Dark Army since FBI think they were also involved.
And what's up with Tyrell? Why isnt he talking to his wife? And who was Kareem/the guy she had killed?
Because Tyrell is still a highly wanted man so probably out of protection for his child and the mother of his child.

He was the parking lot employee that knows a bit about what happened during those three days of Elliott's blackout. So that might include Tyrell's whereabouts. She had him killed because he was cracking under pressure from the FBI.

Holy shit what an episode.

Omg. Ray looked like such an evil mofo in the end.

Ray approached Elliot at the basketball court that Elliot was going to with Leon every day as part of Elliot's loop designed to surpress/destroy Mr. Robot. Ray then reveals to Elliot that they had spoken overnight, something which Elliot had no recollection of due to it actually being Mr. Robot.

Yes. Mr. Zhang is also Whiterose, leader of the Dark Army, although at this point its clear that Dark Army is more than likely a Chinese State funded black ops hacking group. Mr. Zhang seems to be one of, if not the Head of State for China, and the FBI were meeting with him to request access to the physical locations of the backup databases that were hacked by Dark Army in the 5/9 attack as well as any information that China currently had on the Dark Army & its members. Considering that masked Dark Army goons were at the airport awaiting Dom's arrival, I don't think its farfetched to think that those attackers will ultimately be revealed as Dark Army agents.

At the end of season 1 of Mr. Robot, Elliot wakes up 3 days after the 5/9 hack had been performed with no recollection of having done the 5/9 hack, nor any recollection of the events that took place during those 3 days. Elliot woke up in a parking lot in Tyrell's car. Kareem was the parking lot attendant who spoke to Elliot after he had woken up.

There are a few things to note with Kareem - when we first met him, he seemed oblivious to the situation Elliot had found himself in, although Kareem mentions to Elliot that Elliot himself (Mr. Robot) had paid him for the extended parking of Tyrell's car. In that same episode, Elliot runs into Tyrell's wife, and she puts on an act and lies to Elliot, but does seem to be very suspicious of Elliot.

In this season, a few things are established regarding Kareem. He had been investigated by the FBI since Tyrell is considered the primary suspect for the 5/9 hack, and Tyrell's car was most likely traced back to having been at the parking lot. However, Tyrell's wife had been paying him cash in order to keep him quiet about something, and Kareem had become paranoid that the FBI were still tracking him & tapping his phones.

Due to the current nature of money in the current world of Mr. Robot (all financial records being lost in the 5/9 hack, actual physical money is the preferred form of currency over credit/debit cards, since you can't actually get access to your money. However, physical money has become far more scarce, with the federal government placing withdrawal allowances in order to stop all citizens from withdrawing all of their money from banks, which would cause an even greater economic meltdown), Tyrell's wife had both been running out of physical funds (she had been paying off Kareem to keep quiet about something, which we don't quite know what else Kareem knew, or how Tyrell's wife knew of Kareem in the first place) and Kareem had just threatened to flip over to the FBI if they arrested him or put anymore pressure on him. So, Tyrell's wife opted to have him killed, since she couldn't get her hands on any more hush money & the guy was threatening to flip regardless.

Hope that clears up some of your questions.

Elliot using Ruby to write his exploit payload was a nice touch. Since pretty much all most ppl use it for is Rails. One moment his method "on request uri" is missing underscores, the next moment they're there. I was shocked they fixed it, love this show.

I need to brush up on my regex, I always have to look that shit up.

Vic_Viper

for someone so anal about not how they spend their time, White Rose has been wasting alot of time lately in the last few episodes.

Top Bottom