• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Elliot using Ruby to write his exploit payload was a nice touch. Since pretty much all most ppl use it for is Rails. One moment his method "on request uri" is missing underscores, the next moment they're there. I was shocked they fixed it, love this show.

I need to brush up on my regex, I always have to look that shit up.

And now you have two problems!

devilhawk

I do wonder what is keeping Tyrell's wife's bodyguard around. I don't get an indicator that it is sex or money. Have I missed something?

B.D. Wong gets really Interesting roles.
He's doing some work.

No matter what you may think about Gotham, he was damn good this year on that show as well.

Mr. Hyde

This was such a fantastic episode. I love how the ending correlates with the nightmare dream sequence from earlier this season. It left me hoping for the same outcome.

The pacing of this season so far has been intelligently orchestrated. The creator is doing his own thing instead of solely catering to the audience and viewership. I respect that. It makes the moments of this episode stand out and I'm curious to see what happens when everything finishes coming to a boil.

Future

The Elliot in an institute theory harder to digest with him getting his ass beat like that. I guess we'll see next ep how they resolve the wounds of that

Elliot conversations with Darlene and Angela at that weird ass tiny table definitely means something

El Topo

I'm enjoying the show tremendously, but I'm getting anxious about things coming together and/or plot progression.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The only thing I dislike about this season is that it feels like it's going too slow for how the last season ended. The way this episode ended should have been the way the season started.

The Elliot in an institute theory harder to digest with him getting his ass beat like that. I guess we'll see next ep how they resolve the wounds of that

Elliot conversations with Darlene and Angela at that weird ass tiny table definitely means something

Elliot is being restrained by two orderlies because he won't take his meds as their supervisor watches. He told him to take the meds!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I love that Ray's logon was straight up Dread_Pirate_Roberts. Like they weren't even trying to be subtle.

This was weird to me since Ross Ulbricht is already in jail on a life bid. For a show that is very subtle them using Dread_Pirate_Roberts was a very loud scream of HEY GUYS RAY IS RUNNING A SILK ROAD CLONE!

I'm really digging the show though. I've read the prevailing fan theory and it makes sense to me. There's going to be a hell of a twist coming up for sure.

chefbags

Not enough talk about Mrs. Wellick getting to a new level of terrifying this episode.

Lol yeah me and a friend of mine was watching the episode and when her part came up, we were like damn she's so fucking casual about killing a dude lol. She wanted to give Karim a reason of why it happened, and her reason for that is also brutal haha. She's on another level.

Elliot is being restrained by two orderlies because he won't take his meds as their supervisor watches. He told him to take the meds!

Yeah, everything from the table to the austere bedroom to the phone on the wall in the corridor screams 'in jail and/or some kind of mental institution' to me. The knock on the door at the end of last season will be people coming to take him away. I anticipate an episode where we flash back over key moments of the season as they 'really' happened coming soon.

Nothus

When Elliot and RT were having that silent notepad conversation I shit myself when Mr Robot suddenly jumped in and just mashed the keyboard lol.

And then Elliot looks at the screen and all the jargon was actually there hahaha! I wonder what the other IT guy must have thought as he was doing it.

Yeah, everything from the table to the austere bedroom to the phone on the wall in the corridor screams 'in jail and/or some kind of mental institution' to me. The knock on the door at the end of last season will be people coming to take him away. I anticipate an episode where we flash back over key moments of the season as they 'really' happened coming soon.
Yup, which sucks because we'll all be expecting it and it won't even surprise or shock us. I hate internet sometimes. If there's a season 3 of Mr. Robot, I'm staying away from everything on the internet about it until the whole season has came out and then binge watching it.

Yup, which sucks because we'll all be expecting it and it won't even surprise or shock us. I hate internet sometimes. If there's a season 3 of Mr. Robot, I'm staying away from everything on the internet about it until the whole season has came out and then binge watching it.

I'm not sure if show runner can pull it off again like the first season but I have a feeling that this will be the fight club twist like last season. Everyone suspected that Elliot was Mr.Robot but NO ONE suspected that Darlene was his sister. When he dropped that one on us everyone was shocked.

One obvious twist to cover the more shocking one. That's my hope anyway. Even if it doesn't come to fruition and it's just Elliot in an asylum the show has been so outstanding I don't really need a twist

-griffy-

Banned

I don't know, each week makes it harder for a locked up Elliot scenario to make sense. If he is having controlled visits at a facility of some kind with Angela and Darlene, why would they be openly talking about the hack they did and how they are going to commit more crimes?

The season 1 twist was set up in a way that the audience could see it coming before Elliot figured it out, very deliberately so. I'm almost thinking Esmail is using that expectation and pulling an anti-twist with this stuff.

Curufinwe

I don't know, each week makes it harder for a locked up Elliot scenario to make sense. If he is having controlled visits at a facility of some kind with Angela and Darlene, why would they be openly talking about the hack they did and how they are going to commit more crimes?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me ,either.

I wonder if the Wachowskis have seen this show. I feel like the visual style of this series owes a lot to the Matrix. The scene when he puked out the Adderall reminded me so much of the first film.

I would be down for Sam Esmail to direct a thriller (with different writers preferably). Would be interesting.

Omzz

Didn't they show already who was knocking on the door? Pretty sure it was Darlene coming to hang out

edit: nvrm. looked pretty similar when I looked back to the S1 finale

Oh Joanna, how thoughtful of you... Terrifying but thoughtful. Ray running a Silk Road clone as expected, stoopid Elliot do wonder where this is going to go.

Quirah

I wholeheartedly disagree. I'm enjoying the middle of this season far more than the last.

It feels like I am watching something different in this season. Last episode was good in subject sense but before that, subject was completely changed into the
schizophrenia
theme. I didn't liked that and felt really bored. The other two friend of mine who watching show is in same opinion with me.

Zoe

Didn't they show already who was knocking on the door? Pretty sure it was Darlene coming to hang out

edit: nvrm. looked pretty similar when I looked back to the S1 finale

That was the point--it was a fake-out.

It feels like I am watching something different in this season. Last episode was good in subject sense but before that, subject was completely changed into the
schizophrenia
theme. I didn't liked that and felt really bored. The other two friend of mine who watching show is in same opinion with me.

The first season was propelled by the mystery of Mr Robot's identity and the persistent plot thread of the f-society hack and the various tasks required to put it in motion. This season is also missing the shit out of Tyrell Wellick's Bateman-esque misadventures.

I have enough goodwill from the first season to trust that the relatively slow pace of this season is building towards something exciting and I feel like this episode was very good but i'll concede that my attention has wondered a few times over the past few episodes and it never did during the first season.

chris121580

Season has been absolutely fantastic. If I had one minor complaint, it'd be that I'd like more Christian Slater. He was so good last season and I feel like he's being under utilized this season.

The season 1 twist was set up in a way that the audience could see it coming before Elliot figured it out, very deliberately so. I'm almost thinking Esmail is using that expectation and pulling an anti-twist with this stuff.

This.

Esmail is definitely playing with our expectations. Last episode Darlene even asked where the she devil was, presumably referring to their mother. I suppose it's possible it's actually a nurse or something but I don't think this is going to turn out like we expect

Did you see the username on Ray's terminal?

El Topo

This probably won't be a popular opinion but I really think they need to write Christian Slater out of the show. His character adds nothing to the show right now and ruins the immersion. Thought he was great in the first season, but he's dragged the show down after the reveal.

He has nothing to do. I think it would work a lot better if we occasionally saw Elliot under his persona every once in a while, instead of using him to keep up mysteries. The cat's out of the bag anyway.

Top Bottom