• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

The Elliot in an institute theory harder to digest with him getting his ass beat like that. I guess we'll see next ep how they resolve the wounds of that

Elliot conversations with Darlene and Angela at that weird ass tiny table definitely means something

The theory has been hard to digest from the get-go. All the conversations and planning for more hacks mean that it makes zero sense for Elliot to be in an institution. He would never have access to a terminal.

menacin

Banned
This probably won't be a popular opinion but I really think they need to write Christian Slater out of the show. His character adds nothing to the show right now and ruins the immersion. Thought he was great in the first season, but he's dragged the show down after the reveal.

The dad is real. God is real. Elliot is thehily trinity. Show will be tengen toppa gurren Lagan levels of epic.

neshcom

Banned
I'm really trying with Elliot's storyline this season, but it's feeling superfluous. Mr Robot is right, it's a total waste of time and hasn't done enough to advance the story. The drama of Elliot discovering the website's content felt unearned and obvious. For a show that is so intent of being technically correct and intricate, you'd think a black market website wouldn't be this huge tipping point.

Meanwhile, Whiterose and Dom are fascinating. The clock hall scene was really great and the shootout is a huge cliffhanger. It's also interesting seeing the tempering of Angela. I wonder what'll happen first, getting her revenge or becoming a fully-invested company woman.

Foggy

I've seen a lot of foreshadowing in recaps throughout the years, but a rat-tail foreshadowing? That's a new one. Bless this show.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I wish Mr. Robot won the chess game and was up 16 hours a day fucking with shit leaving Elliot a few hours every night to try and undo everything while Mr. Robot "slept."

A little obvious, but it would have been more fun -plus more Christian Slater!

I like the "Elliot in an institute" theory, it seems like something the show would do.

The theory has been hard to digest from the get-go. All the conversations and planning for more hacks mean that it makes zero sense for Elliot to be in an institution. He would never have access to a terminal.

There are places that just have curfews. The "routine" thing he did at the beginning of the season would be him building up responsibility for unsupervised leave. Seinfeld guy is his chaperone.

Sky Chief

for someone so anal about not how they spend their time, White Rose has been wasting alot of time lately in the last few episodes.

Kind of like the entire show this season. Shit is really boring so far, I feel like it might be time to stop watching TV again (this is the show that brought me back to TV).

I totally understand White Rose, don't waste my fucking time with boring story lines. I've got other shit to do too.

Most likely Dark Army. Why? My guess is White Rose and maybe getting something from Dom or recruiting Dom in some way.

Huh? Obviously he wanted wipe out the team investigating fscoiety and the dark army. And Dom was going to get killed too but not only she's quick up stairs but she's also quick on her feet.

kevin1025

Banned
This season is feeling like season one all over again in some ways. There's the crazy drug dealer Vera set-up, now echoing Ray's black market set-up. Angela has to bring the cell phone in to delete all of the files, just like Elliot had to break into Steel Mountain to install the Raspberry Pi. And I feel like the Mr Robot twist is the institution twist, especially with the
caretaker
login and all of the other massive hints. I'm not saying these as detriments, since I'm still having a great time with the show, just that it feels like last season a tad too much.

Not

Banned
That episode. Grace Gummer's character for breakout, so far

I dunno guys despite the traces of negativity, I'm still really enjoying all of this

This season is feeling like season one all over again in some ways. There's the crazy drug dealer Vera set-up, now echoing Ray's black market set-up. Angela has to bring the cell phone in to delete all of the files, just like Elliot had to break into Steel Mountain to install the Raspberry Pi. And I feel like the Mr Robot twist is the institution twist, especially with the
caretaker
login and all of the other massive hints. I'm not saying these as detriments, since I'm still having a great time with the show, just that it feels like last season a tad too much.

You're right. I'm just glad Tyrell isn't in it though. That guy was a very bland Bateman ripoff.

The writing has stagnated since mid season 1 but the direction has taken a huge step up. Great job getting esmail to direct all the episodes of season 2. Feels very inspired by Wachowskis and Fincher. Dude is wearing his matrix and fight Club influences on his sleeve.

What has me most curious about this season is first the name drop of "Berenstain" in an earlier episode and now White Rose is talking about the possibilities of alternate realities, surely this isn't just coincidence, but of course it could just be for thematic reasons rather than foreshadowing some insane hard sci-fi twist.

kevin1025

Banned
What has me most curious about this season is first the name drop of "Berenstain" in an earlier episode and now White Rose is talking about the possibilities of alternate realities, surely this isn't just coincidence, but of course it could just be for thematic reasons rather than foreshadowing some insane hard sci-fi twist.

Mr Robot from an alternate reality, trying to influence the reality we see.

Or is it actually... Mr Rabot?

...I'd buy it.

FiggyCal

Banned
I definitely notice what some other user said earlier (on a previous page) , the cuts to commercial/black screens are pretty jarring.

Pretty good episode, though.

I'm enjoying the show tremendously, but I'm getting anxious about things coming together and/or plot progression.

This is how I feel. I have seen far too many shows where the build-up is incredible and the convergence of plot threads ends up completely being underwhelming. So far, the show is great, but the letdown is something I've just come to expect.

Latest episode was really good though.

I jumped onto this show a few weeks ago and have just caught up to the latest.

Simply amazing writing and outstanding performance by Rami.

fsociety-mask-elliot.png

tumblr_nu808egpoG1tu1beso1_500.jpg

tumblr_nukza7CyGX1tu1beso1_500.jpg
Joey Badass killed it with that speech ("existence could be beautiful, or it could be ugly, but that's on YOU").

Couldn't help but be reminded of Evangelion with the clapping and wishes scene.

tumblr_inline_o6lsbdGfWY1ra081x_500.gif

The writing in this show is really something else. I'm not trying to come off as edgy or anything, but there are a lot of points presented throughout that resonate with me. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It is a major hook as to why I like this show so much.

Some of the pacing and transitions between scenes continue to be appalling.

I feel the same way. The scenes in the finished episode were originally in a completely different order. If I remember correctly, quite a lot of stuff was cut, too. First time I see such a big difference between the last two cuts of a TV episode.

Are the weird transitions between scenes that people are talking about just ad break stuff again? I didn't notice any strange transitions or cuts on the digital episode.

I feel the same way. The scenes in the finished episode were originally in a completely different order. If I remember correctly, quite a lot of stuff was cut, too. First time I see such a big difference between the last two cuts of a TV episode.

Wait, what?

There are places that just have curfews. The "routine" thing he did at the beginning of the season would be him building up responsibility for unsupervised leave. Seinfeld guy is his chaperone.

But then it makes no sense. The more I read about the theory, the more it starts to have holes. How can Joey Badass be the chaperone and yet completely misses out on Elliot visiting Ray/meeting up with Darlene/etc. That would make him a pretty shit chaperone. The only time we ever see him and Elliot together is when he's in the diner or watching the basketball game. Either way, we still see Elliot going out without him, so Joey Badass comes off even less as someone as watchful as a chaperone.

It wouldn't surprise me if the episodes are written with no regard for ad breaks, and then they just hand it over to USA to chop it up however they want. Definitely feels like a show that cares more about the eventual uncensored, ad-free streaming version than the slightly gimped version they air on cable.

RPS37

Did anyone mention/notice the line about the lady having a dream about a man at the bottom of a hill with a surgical mask and then the next scene Grace Gummer was going down an escalator with a dude wearing a surgical mask at the bottom??

Did anyone mention/notice the line about the lady having a dream about a man at the bottom of a hill with a surgical mask and then the next scene Grace Gummer was going down an escalator with a dude wearing a surgical mask at the bottom??
Yeah, I noticed it

I think people are wondering more how you even know that.

Does your uncle work at USA?

My uncle does not work at USA (he works at Nintendo and the NX will be more powerful than the Neo and Scorpio and have all the games) but I'd rather not be too specific.

Feel free to ask for a small, specific detail about the next episode though if you just want to be sure that I'm not full of shit.

My uncle does not work at USA (he works at Nintendo and the NX will be more powerful than the Neo and Scorpio and have all the games) but I'd rather not be too specific.

Feel free to ask for a small, specific detail about the next episode though if you just want to be sure that I'm not full of shit.

whats the last scene

No spoilers, but someone got a bruise.

Lol alright, fair enough.
If true, it would be interesting to hear why the episode was heavily altered.

Top Bottom