• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Shit if you missed the ep live are you gonna miss the retro commericals? Would be cool if they included them for streaming services and etc

Curufinwe

Alf showing up was amazing.

Non-US-GAF: this is why American bathrooms suck

The first weird thing I noticed about America after getting off the plane at LAX was the huge gap between the toilet door at the toilet wall, and the unnecessary amount of water in the toilet bowl.

CRS

That's some rockstar games level of seeing if people pay attention to addresses and phone numbers
Almost all of the sites during the entire show have been real and go to Easter eggs for the show. All of them from the IRC URLs to IP addresses. There's even an ARG going on right now with the kernel panic code from one of the first episodes going on. And the code when you click on My Computer might help by the looks of it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Almost all of the sites during the entire show have been real and go to Easter eggs for the show. All of them from the IRC URLs to IP addresses. There's even an ARG going on right now with the kernel panic code from one of the first episodes going on. And the code when you click on My Computer might help by the looks of it.

There was also an ARG in the run-up to the season premier where the first like 50-500 people that solved it got an Fsociety shirt and Elliot's hoodie.

CRS

There was also an ARG in the run-up to the season premier where the first like 50-500 people that solved it got an Fsociety shirt and Elliot's hoodie.
Yep. And a mask. Don't think there was a limit, thought it was any person that did the steps.

awp69

Absolutely amazing episode. Not necessarily of the whole series but definitely this season.

That opening sequence pretty openly suggested that they killed Tyrell. I mean he said something about getting away with murder and then Mr. Robot wacked him with the blood splatter all over.

Wonder how literal we should be taking that....

Jim

Absolutely amazing episode. Not necessarily of the whole series but definitely this season.

That opening sequence pretty openly suggested that they killed Tyrell. I mean he said something about getting away with murder and then Mr. Robot wacked him with the blood splatter all over.

Referred to Tyrell (what was in the trunk) as "baggage" too.

Vic_Viper

This opening is so great lol. Does USA own Alf?

Tyrell says that Christian Slater's character helped him get away with murder before getting whacked with the tire iron.

Edit: Although the baggage in the trunk thing could be referring to his neighbor that was dead in the trunk in the first season also.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What an incredible piece of television. It's been like a Pixies song all season so far.

I've liked this season a lot more than the last one honestly. This was really cool.

That opening 10 minutes is how I imagine that cary fukunaga show with Jonah Hill will be like. Playing with these bizarre shifts since the main character is delusional.

This opening is so great lol. Does USA own Alf?

Tyrell says that Christian Slater's character helped him get away with murder before getting whacked with the tire iron.

Edit: Although the baggage in the trunk thing could be referring to his neighbor that was dead in the trunk in the first season also.

What neighbor that was dead in the trunk?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Cant remember her name but it was his neighbor that was killed by the crazy inmate that was in love with her. After he escaped with Elliot from the jail he gave him the keys to the car and her body was inside.

edit:

Phenomenal episode. Already cant wait until next week.

Fitting fake headline for a rag like the NYP.

wbukzq3.png

awp69

Cant remember her name but it was his neighbor that was killed by the crazy inmate that was in love with her. After he escaped with Elliot from the jail he gave him the keys to the car and her body was inside.

edit:

Phenomenal episode. Already cant wait until next week.

Shayla. And I really hope they come back to that story line at some point. Want Elliot to get revenge on Vera.

Curufinwe

I think he's dead, but I really hope he isn't.

Very minor nitpick: it was a little silly that fsociety didn't write their script so that just typing "./executeattack" did everything automatically for Angela. Obviously they needed it to be more complicated so they could craft a more intense scene, but it stood out a bit.

Curufinwe

My wife doesn't like the show, but when she heard my loud reactions to the opening she came in from the other room and sat and watched the rest of the 90s dream sequence. When ALF showed up, we both yelled at the screen in unison.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm so glad I have a hard and fast rule about watching previews for the next episodes. I just dont. This episode was all a wonderful surprise.

I get that they're not entirely going for the same thing, but I wish the sitcom bits had the same feel of creeping dread that Adult Swim shorts like Too Many Cooks had. This was a bit too lighthearted to completely work for me.

Edit: Oh man, some of the caper parts of the episode had me contorting in my chair.

Top Bottom