• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Acerac

Banned
Whats the consensus so far on this season? It's really cratered for me the past few episodes in particular.

I've absolutely loved it, as have those I've talked to about it in real life. Some people in the thread have found it boring, saying that nothing is happening, but I can't agree with that assessment at all.

Audioboxer

I've absolutely loved it, as have those I've talked to about it in real life. Some people in the thread have found it boring, saying that nothing is happening, but I can't agree with that assessment at all.

Same.

It's not as telegraphed as the first season either.

Matush

I mean with beginning of this episode it's pretty clear to me that Mr. Robot is creative as Community was at it's prime time.

Acerac

Banned
I mean with beginning of this episode it's pretty clear to me that Mr. Robot is creative as Community was at it's prime time.

It seems a lot of people would have been happier if you cut out that whole sequence and made more things happen.

I'm glad they chose the route they took.

Foot soldier's Chinese accent was actually hilarious

Absolutely stoked for the next episode. By the look of the preview I'm guessing that
we finally learn that Elliot really killed Tyrell
. Also, I'm very suspicious that
the Chinese helped fsociety with the hack so that they could cripple the American economy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They teased me hard with that late Mr. Robot tag that never came.

[edit]

I guess they had one in the retro intro but I thought for sure they were gonna have a normal one but at the end this time.

_Ryo_

This ep really reminds me of the The Leftovers episode "International Assassin " and I love it just as much. aka A LOT!

Another thing similar to The Leftovers, Mr. Robots horrid ratings.

Why are the best shows on TV not being watched!? >.<

and yeah. I can't help but feel that Tyrell in the trunk thing is foreshadowing/a window to what really happened to him.

Elliot's memories slipping through the cracks. like the parallel of the road trip at the beginning and end of the episode

saunderez

fsociety could've made things so much easier for Angela.....sif you don't set up some aliases so she doesn't have to remember entire commands.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
and yeah. I can't help but feel that Tyrell in the trunk thing is foreshadowing/a window to what really happened to him.

Elliot's memories slipping through the cracks. like the parallel of the road trip at the beginning and end of the episode
Indeed. Wouldn't be surprised if we find out he is actually dead after a long car ride in that escalade

golem

fsociety could've made things so much easier for Angela.....sif you don't set up some aliases so she doesn't have to remember entire commands.

Haha I was thinking that the whole time

And why doesnt the femtocell try to keep its own wifi up at all times

Would have been more realistic plotting if it hard locked and she had to go back and physically reset it

Nelo Ice

Banned
Great episode but good god the first 20 minutes. I was cracking up and in complete shock and disbelief. Like omfg I can't believe they did that but I'm so glad they did. Glad I knew nothing about it before the episode.

Zoe

I think it's pretty typical of some hardcore nerds. It's so simple to them that they don't think to make it any easier.

Starting season 1 tonight, need to see what all the hype is about.
skip1.png

Man, that episode was something. The intro before we're brought back to real life was such a unique way of showing how Elliot loses time. Last time we had Elliot acting strangely different when he had his father's jacket, and now we're given insight into what happens in his mind when Mr. Robot breaks loose.

I think Tyrell Wellick being knocked on the head is the show's way of trolling people who think he's dead.

Oh yeah.
It was corny, but man, what a nice touch to have Mr. Robot breaking free because he wanted to protect Elliot from Ray's ass-kickings. Especially when tied to the flashback where Edward admitted to Elliot that he had cancer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It seems a lot of people would have been happier if you cut out that whole sequence and made more things happen.

I'm glad they chose the route they took.

A lot of people seemed pissed because the 5/9 hack 3-day gap of Elliot's isn't being answered, but honestly: I'm fine with it. We'll either find out what happened in the next few episodes or over the course of the series. Elliot has to deal with the aftermath and protecting his ass(ets) and Tyrell is one.

anddo0

Finally watching the latest episode. I can't stand it when shows do this. It feels throw away. I don't have the energy to make sense of it, and the humor isn't clicking. I'm 10 mins in, is the whole episode like this? Summery please..

jett

D-Member
Finally watching the latest episode. I can't stand it when shows do this. It feels throw away. I don't have the energy to make sense of it, and the humor isn't clicking. I'm 10 mins in, is the whole episode like this? Summery please..

It'll go away eventually.

I also thought this joke went on for too long. Sam Esmail has been extremely self-indulgent this season. I think that's the perfect adjective for MR S2, whether it's a quality season or not.

I kinda enjoyed the last two eps though (hacking scene was brilliant), sorta glad I didn't actually give up on it, but at this point in time it's clearly not going to be like S1 for me.

CRS

The 90s thing wasn't just an homage to the 90s, it served a huge purpose to Elliott and gave us a clue (whether to take that clue at face value is a different discussion) about what happened to Tyrell.

Kworn

Banned
What a great show. Started off a little slow but good and now it has reached new heights.

Can't wait until the final 4 of the season.

Have they renewed for a third season yet?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Angela and Darlene's scenes were great. Elliot's, on the other hand...not so much. That's sort of been the reoccurring theme this season, too, which is a shame.

Doing a fake 80s/90s sitcom episode isn't exactly creative in 2016.

I really liked this episode. I've liked this season in general, though, so I guess I'm in the minority. I can see where people are having an issue, however. The pacing is very different from the first season.

Top Bottom