• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

jerry113

Banned
On Reddit, someone noticed that Whiterose opens up to Dom about her "sister" after Dom refers to her former fiance as "they". We know Dom's attracted to men, so it means that Dom's either bi, or had background information on Whiterose that led her to alter her language in that manner.

How do we know Dom's attracted to men?

Zoe

Her conversation with her coworker led me to believe that the sister talk came from out of left field to her, so I don't see how she could have been intentionally leading the Minister in one way or another.

I thought it was pretty clear that the Minister was social engineering her.

Erudite

Awesome news on the renewal!

Also, there's a mobile game tie in that was released:

https://appsto.re/gb/2A-2db.i

It was made by Telltale and the creators of Oxenfree so hopefully not a cheesy knock off.
Had some Google Rewards money kicking around, so I decided to give it a shot.

If anyone is wondering how it plays, think of Lifeline, where you'll get messages after a period of time and choose responses until the character you're talking to stops replying and you need to wait for the next set of replies.

awp69

Had some Google Rewards money kicking around, so I decided to give it a shot.

If anyone is wondering how it plays, think of Lifeline, where you'll get messages after a period of time and choose responses until the character you're talking to stops replying and you need to wait for the next set of replies.

Not a huge fan of the Lifeline games but being a huge fan of the show, that might influence me to bite.

Be curious, as you get into it, how you feel from a fan point of view.

Erudite

INot a huge fan of the Lifeline games but being a huge fan of the show, that might influence me to bite.

Be curious as you get I how you feel from a fan point of view.
So far nothing beyond the fact that it's an E-Corp messaging app and a few instances of Season 1 being brought up does it remind me of why I like the show.

Kinda middling so far to be honest, but as with Lifeline, it'll take some time for things to get going, so I'll reserve judgement until then. I'll post my thoughts after a few more interactions.

Fwiw, Lifeline was a decent but ultimately forgettable experience to me.

All of these scenes with Angela at E Corp are so wonderfully awkward... they are shot so perfectly and never fail to capture the cognitive dissonance of her whole situation. I love it.

They would have been a cool twist if everybody didn't predict it the moment the season started. Really hope they don't try to pull a fast one on the audience like that every season.

Zoe

They would have been a cool twist if everybody didn't predict it the moment the season started. Really hope they don't try to pull a fast one on the audience like that every season.

Is it really a fast one when it's so obviously telegraphed?

This reveal episode is a lot like last season's--the real revelation is that his buddy is part of the Dark Army.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WE DID IT, REDDI--

This reveal episode is a lot like last season's--the real revelation is that his buddy is part of the Dark Army.

--Oh, right. It also doesn't explain the hacking of the FBI he did and Ray's computer access. If he's in jail now, it's either gotta be after busting Ray, or due to 5/9 investigations?

cbox

Damn son! I knew something was up the first time I saw the dining hall, since it wasn't a restaurant it seemed odd to be there.

Is it really a fast one when it's so obviously telegraphed?

I don't get the feeling this one was supposed to be nearly as telegraphed as the Mr. Robot reveal. The latter had the "You knew, didn't you?" moment and this one had nothing of that sort and the vibe I got from it was that it was supposed to be blowing our minds. The Dark Army reveal was cool but nowhere near as big as the Darlene reveal.

So the Craig Robinson shit actually happened and that's why he was there I'm guessing. They were just mixing up the time lines. Think how they didn't show any flashbacks to Craig, maybe he started in a psychward where he met with him and now he's in jail for assisting with the site or something.

Zoe

WE DID IT, REDDI--

--Oh, right. It also doesn't explain the hacking of the FBI he did and Ray's computer access. If he's in jail now, it's either gotta be after busting Ray, or due to 5/9 investigations?

I think he's in cause of the hacking of Krista's ex.

Edit: or yeah, the timeline is mixed up. A lot of time had to have passed for him to recover.

I don't get the feeling this one was supposed to be nearly as telegraphed as the Mr. Robot reveal. The latter had the "You knew, didn't you?" moment and this one had nothing of that sort and the vibe I got from it was that it was supposed to be blowing our minds. The Dark Army reveal was cool but nowhere near as big as the Darlene reveal.

It's pretty telegraphed when you consider how huge of a tonal shift there is from reality in S1's finale to surrealism in S2. I think the idea for surrealism was to get us questioning about what Elliot's mental outlook was like. Surrealism does a great job of showcasing how we tend to fake to make reality more palatable.

Top Bottom