• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

I'm glad the writers finally realized that Elliot is the least interesting character on this show.

A stray observation: USA's other shows look so embarrassingly terrible next to this. Watching live with commercials, the gulf in craftsmanship is almost comical.

Darlene be like

giphy.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"Yo, what the fuc--" *wham!*

Cue me jumping out of my chair as her bat zooms toward the camera. Sam's gotta stop with these jump scares, man.

Also Angela dumping on blue collar jobs despite coming from that upbrining. #StoneColdFOX

Wow, I thought we'd at least get 30 seconds of Elliott, but nothing. Crazy episode.

Considering the amount of episodes spent on Elliot, I think it's a nice break to see how fsociety and other characters are handling post-5/9.

Also, the start of the episode was awesome as always. I especially love the call back to episode 1 last season:

What I'm about to tell you is top secret. A conspiracy bigger than all of us. There's a powerful group of people out there that are secretly running the world. I'm talking about the guys no one knows about, the ones that are invisible. The top 1% of the top 1%, the guys that play God without permission.

I almost wonder what Elliot was like when he wrote this down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lol, so was the FBI plant the same guy she took home from the bar a while ago?

Yes.

Wow, I thought we'd at least get 30 seconds of Elliott, but nothing. Crazy episode.

Why would we? He's in jail currently. Them doing a seperate plotline/episode on others is fine. Not everything has to be the Elliot and Mr. Robot show.

Considering the amount of episodes spent on Elliot, I think it's a nice break to see how fsociety and other characters are handling post-5/9.

Also, the start of the episode was awesome as always. I especially love the call back to episode 1 last season:

What I'm about to tell you is top secret. A conspiracy bigger than all of us. There's a powerful group of people out there that are secretly running the world. I'm talking about the guys no one knows about, the ones that are invisible. The top 1% of the top 1%, the guys that play God without permission.

I almost wonder what Elliot was like when he wrote this down.

Yes.

Why would we? He's in jail currently. Them doing a seperate plotline/episode on others is fine. Not everything has to be the Elliot and Mr. Robot show.

I didn't mean it as a bad thing - I was more just surprised.

Yeef

I figured he wouldn't be in the episode since he wasn't in any of the "previously on Mr. Robot" scenes, but the line in the Ron's Coffee Shop flashback kind of cemented it.

"Darlene, I thought I was meeting Elliot."

"Me, too."

"Relax kids. This isn't the stranger danger episode. Eliot couldn't make it, but no need to canip'. I'll download you."

Then she starts repeating Eliot's original opener. It was pretty clear at that point that the episode would be from Darlene's perspective.

The whole episode had a great sense of tension and bleakness that I think you don't get from Eliot's perspective. Relatively speaking, Eliot is actually pretty optimistic about most things. Darlene, though, isn't. She doesn't really trust anyone it seems; not even her followers. It seems like Eliot and Cisco are the only ones she really trusts. So when Cisco betrays her at the end, it hits her especially hard (no pun intended).

Lunar FC

"Yo, what the fuc--" *wham!*

Cue me jumping out of my chair as her bat zooms toward the camera. Sam's gotta stop with these jump scares, man.

Also Angela dumping on blue collar jobs despite coming from that upbrining. #StoneColdFOX

You serious?

Anyways, really enjoyed the ep. Probably the best of the season.

ZOONAMI

Best episode of the season, and maybe the series. Slater and Malek are the worst actors on the show.

Not that they're bad, its just the rest of the cast seems more real and less forced than those too. Which is honestly I guess a result of them having to play more extreme personalities whereas everyone else is relatively subdued/normal.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What a fuckin episode. This is some grand television we're being delivered right now. Goddamn.

awp69

Best episode of the season, and maybe the series. Slater and Malek are the worst actors on the show.

Not that they're bad, its just the rest of the cast seems more real and less forced than those too. Which is honestly I guess a result of them having to play more extreme personalities whereas everyone else is relatively subdued/normal.

Great actor, mostly poor material to work with.

Sorry, but I think Malek is fucking incredible. Slater is so-so.

That said I do agree that the rest of the cast doesn't get the praise it deserves. Carly Chaikin in particular is fantastic and I don't get people who've said otherwise in this thread.

Anyway, incredible episode and just shows how well the entire ensemble works and can pull off excellence without the "central" protagonist.

Top Bottom