• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Elliot and Mr Robot are going to kick ass and take names. He's like that final game boss where he just shows up and all his underlings were shit. Dude's gonna take on the FBI and make Whiterose suck his imaginary father's dick.

Veelk

Banned
It is truly a wonder how stupid Darlene's boyfriend was. He has an conversation about how he is selling her out and leaves it on for Darlene to read....and when he sees that Darlene wrecked his laptop, his only response is confusion and outrage. If he survives Darlene's attack, he's probably going to be like "Darlene, babe, we love each other, why you do me in like this?"

Also, whats happening with Trenton? Don't tell me Mobley sold her out :(

He probably did, wipes his phone after sending her a message knowing the FBI is probably tracking it, he doesn't show up and texts him leading to the FBI possibly finding her location.

If Whiterose is protecting Elliot would they be protecting Darlene too?

It can't be said enough how amazing the soundtrack is on this show too. Really feel like its underappreciated. If it keeps up this season it may end up being my favorite part of the show.

Fantastic episode. Maybe one of the best of the series which I didn't think I would say so soon after some earlier season 2 eps.

Have to agree about Malik's acting. It's hard to play that role without seeming a bit hammy. I actually have preferred Slater's acting this season over the first though. He's shown a little more range then I've seen from him in a while.

devilhawk

We have no idea what Elliot went to jail for. It would seem nothing instrumental to the hack or else they would be tailing his sister and Elliot wouldn't be getting out so quickly.

It may be it is something unrelated, like a hacking charge against his therapist.

We have no idea what Elliot went to jail for. It would seem nothing instrumental to the hack or else they would be tailing his sister and Elliot wouldn't be getting out so quickly.

It may be it is something unrelated, like a hacking charge against his therapist.

The therapist hack doesn't seem to make sense. Particularly because it's strange that she had a lot of time to put Elliot in jail after Elliot revealed that he hacked her, and yet seemingly did nothing about it. Not to mention, she refused to help Michael after he tried to get more information about Elliot. Not that it means that Krista condones Elliot's actions, but I don't think she'd put him in jail given what happened, and how she knows hacking to him is basically a way to connect to people.

kirblar

It was the hack of his therapists shit head ex. That's why flippers gone.

Darlene's comments about lack of remorse rang true to me based on something a coworker mentioned to me about his time in Iraq- he thought that after killing someone, there would be this change, like something had happened. Instead, things just kept going. He didn't feel any different. And it scared the fuck out of him.

He probably did, wipes his phone after sending her a message knowing the FBI is probably tracking it, he doesn't show up and texts him leading to the FBI possibly finding her location.

If Whiterose is protecting Elliot would they be protecting Darlene too?

Aren't they're chatting on an encrypted messaging app?

devilhawk

The therapist hack doesn't seem to make sense. Particularly because it's strange that she had a lot of time to put Elliot in jail after Elliot revealed that he hacked her, and yet seemingly did nothing about it. Not to mention, she refused to help Michael after he tried to get more information about Elliot. Not that it means that Krista condones Elliot's actions, but I don't think she'd put him in jail given what happened, and how she knows hacking to him is basically a way to connect to people.
True. I'm still thinking it is unrelated to 5/9.

It was the hack of his therapists shit head ex. That's why flippers gone.
This might be it.

Darlene of Monte Cristo

This ep was great. I think Elliot is generally the worst part of this show tbh, I'm way more interested in everyone else.

Portia Doubleday really stepped up her game since lastseason. Didn't really care for her last season, but she's one of the stand out actors/actress on the show for me now.
Admittedly she has a lot more to work with this season as well.

bitbydeath

Loved the Karoke version of 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World'.
Just tried to look for similar covers of it on Spotify but can only various 80's style versions and a Lorde cover.
Hope they release this later.

Indelible

What an intense episode, the tension built beautifully throughout. I might be in the minority but I'am enjoying this season more than the first one.

golem

It is truly a wonder how stupid Darlene's boyfriend was. He has an conversation about how he is selling her out and leaves it on for Darlene to read....and when he sees that Darlene wrecked his laptop, his only response is confusion and outrage. If he survives Darlene's attack, he's probably going to be like "Darlene, babe, we love each other, why you do me in like this?"
i think he really was keeping her safe. The Dark Army/Whiterose is actively protecting Elliot and still sees him having some part to play in this whole thing, so why would they want to harm his sister or otherwise piss him off? At most they would probably want to keep an eye on her just in case they need her for leverage.

Also sort of feeling that alot of the Dark Army paranoia this season on the part of the 5/9ers is probably a red herring. They seem pretty certain they murdered the other hacker but im not so sure

diaspora

Elliot deliberately had himself sent to prison for the Krista hack I think- it's why we saw him confess to her. He did it so he could be sent to a place where he wouldn't be allowed to use a computer and he could develop a routine to centre himself and remove Mr Robot even though he came to terms with it later on.

Edit: like S1 ends with him confessing to crimes and S2 starts with him in prison. Seems obvious

No one is talking about last week's episode during the conference that Angela attended the people in it were talking about how Susan Jacobs couldn't make it because she's on vacation. Susan just got killed in this episode.

Minus_Me

Such a nice use of Mingus in the title sequence.

Probably my favourite episode of the series.

Can't say I missed Eliot or Mr. Robot at all. I haven't enjoyed their story line all that much this season.

Elliot deliberately had himself sent to prison for the Krista hack I think- it's why we saw him confess to her. He did it so he could be sent to a place where he wouldn't be allowed to use a computer and he could develop a routine to centre himself and remove Mr Robot even though he came to terms with it later on.

Edit: like S1 ends with him confessing to crimes and S2 starts with him in prison. Seems obvious

That doesn't make sense. Elliot didn't have problems with his alter ego until after 5/9 hack was initiated and after he started losing track of time (aka ended up in Wellick's car). That's when he realized he didn't have control.

Drazgul

Halfway through first season now - someone please tell me the swedish Patrick Bateman is still in the second season. He's much more fun to follow than Elliott.

No one is talking about last week's episode during the conference that Angela attended the people in it were talking about how Susan Jacobs couldn't make it because she's on vacation. Susan just got killed in this episode.

Fun fact: that entire storyline with Susan coming back home and getting killed was originally in the previous episode. The conference where they mention that Susan is on vacation wasn't meant to take place before that.

Fun fact: that entire storyline with Susan coming back home and getting killed was originally in the previous episode. The conference where they mention that Susan is on vacation wasn't meant to take place before that.

That's gonna confuse a lot of people. Why would they do that? So the hack, the information that was obtained from the hack - secret conference call about Berenstain - and the killing of Susan Jacobs was suppose to take place last episode?

Zoe

You can tell if you paid attention to the dates. Everything happening with Angela hacking the FBI was centered around it being right before July 4th. There's no way everything with Elliot could have happened over the same time period.

Amazing episode, that was tense as fuck. I didn't think an episode with zero Elliot/Mr Robot could be so good.

Best episode of the season, and maybe the series. Slater and Malek are the worst actors on the show.

Not that they're bad, its just the rest of the cast seems more real and less forced than those too. Which is honestly I guess a result of them having to play more extreme personalities whereas everyone else is relatively subdued/normal.

Great actor, mostly poor material to work with.

Not sure I've ever disagreed with a post in this thread as much as these two. Other actors really shined in this episode though.

How do you know this? It's not like it can't be set up in this way (unless I'm missing something):

1) Angela holds press conference with risk management group
>Suits mention that Susan Jacobs hasn't come back yet from vacation
2) Susan Jacobs returns to her smart home from vacation
>Darlene kills her

Just asking because I haven't seen Esmail or anyone else comment that the scene is supposed to be presented in the timeline differently. Also, I'd imagine ECorp would have known her return date anyways.

Audioboxer

this 2nd season is amazing (even better than the first one, which I loved), one of this year's best tv shows

It really is, I totally don't get people railing on it for not being season 1 2.0. So far I think I'm liking it more than season 1, but at the very least it's on par. Depending on how it ends it may well finish above 1 for me.

Overall though arguing which season is better just means the whole show is ace! :D

How do you know this?

Just asking because I haven't seen Esmail or anyone else comment that the scene is supposed to be presented in the timeline differently.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mr-robot-star-carly-chaikin-922572

Chaikin: It's interesting. Originally, half of my storyline from this episode was in episode six, and then they combined it all into one [episode]. When I originally read this, it was like having Cisco go through all of this with her, and finally feeling like she has someone, and then seeing [the betrayal]… it's so beyond devastating.

How do you know this? It's not like it can't be set up in this way (unless I'm missing something):

1) Angela holds press conference with risk management group
>Suits mention that Susan Jacobs hasn't come back yet from vacation
2) Susan Jacobs returns to her smart home from vacation
>Darlene kills her

Just asking because I haven't seen Esmail or anyone else comment that the scene is supposed to be presented in the timeline differently. Also, I'd imagine ECorp would have known her return date anyways.

Heh, that's funny, I hadn't read that. MegaManTrigger, quote this post and read the email tag.

Favorite line - "I think she's just into old dudes" haha, that was awesome

RIP DJ Mobley, your Angelfire page will live on forever

Cisco's betrayal of Darlene is intense, its really hard to read that character. I'm pretty sure he's just a big doofus over his head who loves Darlene, but what if he is way more evil and manipulative than that...

bebop242

Holy shit, just caught up and that was quality tv right there. My fav of the series. In reality this story ends very soon 100% of the time. Hopefully they handle the pivot decently.

My son bitched about Doms lollypop during the scene with Mosbley and 2 seconds later she throws it in the garbage. Lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cisco's betrayal of Darlene is intense, its really hard to read that character. I'm pretty sure he's just a big doofus over his head who loves Darlene, but what if he is way more evil and manipulative than that...
He seems to think all of the political hacker machinations can live in an entirely different sphere than his personal relationships. But that doesn't work. They massively overlap.

tirminyl

I have to say that I'm one episode behind but after least season I decided to stay off boards so I wouldn't read theories or get involved in too much discussion. I'm glad I did. The reveal was vastly more enjoyable.

Mobius 1

My son bitched about Doms lollypop during the scene with Mosbley and 2 seconds later she throws it in the garbage. Lol

Though she was shown enjoying lollipops before, I had the distinct impression that was done on purpose to annoy and distract Mobley.

I hope there is a major payoff for having to put up with Eliott's mental chaos all these episodes. While that adds value as turning him into an unreliable narrator, it went on a little too long.

Top Bottom