• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

And it would depend on literally everyone working at Allsafe and E-Corp to just take multiple personality disorder of an executive in stride. Like Gideon or Tyrell's secretary.

That too and I just realized, if Elliot was Tyrell, then working at ECorp would have given him insane powers. He would have been able to et up the honeypot at Allsafe without much issue. And being an ECorp employee would have given him access to many institutions such as Steel Mountain...

Its clear as day that Tyrell and Elliot are different people.

all these theories about Elliot being Tyrell or the other way around is making me think of that Denis Villeneuve Movie Enemy. That's the only way I could see it being true, if at least one person was 'pretending' that Elliot wasn't Tyrell (or Tyrell is Elliot), but at the same time if it were true I don't see how it could be believably pulled off. I just think Tyrell is being extra careful about hiding himself away.

Very cool interview that shows a bit of Esmail's reasoning behind constructing season 2: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hy-season-2-s-big-reveal-was-no-surprise.html

Especially this is particular

That’s why there wasn’t a lot of hacking going on at first.

Obviously we hear the complaints and obviously it was intentional, but yeah, there wasn’t a lot of hacking in the beginning of the season. There was a time to stop and go through that introspection, that character-building to adapt to where Elliot’s gonna go and where he’s coming from. There’s that struggle to get to the next evolution of this character. The thing about Elliot at the end of the first season was he had this crazy realization about himself and we all felt that it would be dishonest to not address that—as if Elliot wouldn’t address that, in all the sloppy ways that a mentally ill person might, by self-medicating. It would be so dishonest if we were to ignore that or nip that in the bud in the first ten minutes of the first episode of the second season and have him go back to hacking. We also felt like what you do in that situation and how you navigate those waters was really compelling and interesting and something we hadn’t seen before. Much like that second act in The Karate Kid, where I had never seen karate taught like that before.

Gotta agree with Sam, and kudos to him sticking with introspection instead of having Elliot immediately get back to hacking.

awp69

Know it's kind of stupid but the censoring of the f-bomb is still annoying. Only reason I bring it up again is that I just watched last week's episode of Tyrant on FX where it was used. And that show has lower ratings and still mainstream advertisers.

I know it's a minor complaint but....

Monocle

Know it's kind of stupid but the censoring of the f-bomb is still annoying. Only reason I bring it up again is that I just watched last week's episode of Tyrant on FX where it was used. And that show has lower ratings and still mainstream advertisers.

Yep, annoys me every time.

diaspora

So what the hell was actually happening with Elliot and Craig Robinsons character?

Ray himself doesn't really confuse me that much in so far as he seems like he could be one of those kingpin-type prisoners. My issue is the phone part with the van, kidnapping, and beating rat-tail while his family watched.

Zoe

I'd rather have the audio drops than Suits' goddamn workaround.

Ray himself doesn't really confuse me that much in so far as he seems like he could be one of those kingpin-type prisoners. My issue is the phone part with the van, kidnapping, and beating rat-tail while his family watched.

I think Ray worked in the prison. That would explain how he got Elliot access to a computer and also operated outside of the prison. It would also explain him having a dog with him at the basketball court.

But Tyant is rated TV-MA. Mr. Robot (at least through my digital provider) has been TV-14 since the week after the two-part premiere (where the "fuck"s were indeed uncensored).

The censoring was weird this week. Usually Amazon Prime's episodes (and therefore all digital episodes I'm guessing) don't have any swearing censored, but this week a few 'fucks' were, and at least one 'fuck' wasn't.

So what the hell was actually happening with Elliot and Craig Robinsons character?

Given how Elliot completely reinterpreted prison as a sort of surrealistic scenario, I think Ray was meant to be a warden. At the same time, he's also someone who represented the whole "ignorance is bliss" with regards to his wife's business (MidtownCity), and went to Elliot for help as long as he didn't look.

pantsmith

Great episode, finally got around to watching it.

The Everybody Wants to Rule the World cover juxtaposed over the montage of the group was killer. So good.

Future

Very cool interview that shows a bit of Esmail's reasoning behind constructing season 2: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hy-season-2-s-big-reveal-was-no-surprise.html

Especially this is particular

Gotta agree with Sam, and kudos to him sticking with introspection instead of having Elliot immediately get back to hacking.

There is a difference in wrapping something up in 10 minutes and doing it over 6 episodes though. I understand what he was trying to do but the Schtick got a little old after awhile with little surprises for the viewer. Especially when the first season was about how clever mr robot and Elliot are together. It made the viewer just feel like they are waiting for them to merge again to get to the good shit

If it was Netflix format I think it would have gone over better. 6 episodes wouldn't have been 6 weeks waiting for development

awp69

But Tyant is rated TV-MA. Mr. Robot (at least through my digital provider) has been TV-14 since the week after the two-part premiere (where the "fuck"s were indeed uncensored).

True, but Mr. Robot is a very dark show. They should just go for the TV-MA as well. Think OJ on FX was the first basic cable show to allow "fuck" and obviously that network now must not care allowing crappier shows like Tyrant to use it (honestly don't know why I keep watching it but that's another story...).

Doubt it would hurt Mr. Robot's ratings any if it were MA. Honestly thought it was going that route after the premiere.

True, but Mr. Robot is a very dark show. They should just go for the TV-MA as well. Think OJ on FX was the first basic cable show to allow "fuck" and obviously that network now must not care allowing crappier shows like Tyrant to use it (honestly don't know why I keep watching it but that's another story...).

Doubt it would hurt Mr. Robot's ratings any if it were MA. Honestly thought it was going that route after the premiere.
This is the same network that airs SVU at all hours of the day, and some stuff on that show is darker than anything on Mr. Robot. Maybe USA just doesn't want to deal with juggling censored and uncensored versions for daytime airings?

Makes no sense for the streaming or iTunes version to be censored, though.

At this point, the ratings are so catastrophically low that the network might as well pull a Hannibal and simply stop giving a single fuck.

It isn't about hurting ratings. It's about the comfort of the advertisers.

Curufinwe

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/mr-robot-creator-explains-season-2s-big-twist

I'm sure much of this will be explained in future episodes, in terms of why Elliot was in prison to begin with, but was Ray a guard in the prison? How much of Ray's business involved prisoners versus the outside world?

Sam Esmail: That's going to get revealed in a couple of episodes.

I just watched the 2 hour premiere. I've been catching up on other shows and left Mr. Robot for last, as it was one of my favourites last year.

It was pretty good. A lot to take in, though.

Be extra careful to avoid spoilers for this season.

I will. Thanks.

I didn't read anything in this thread and haven't read a thing elsewhere. Your reply is the only thing I read, because I saw I was quoted. I left immediately after posting before and am now. I plan to catch up this week.

awp69

Anyone here play the Mr. Robot mobile game? Pretty good but I just finished and not quite sure I understood the ending.

doop_

Banned
Anyone here play the Mr. Robot mobile game? Pretty good but I just finished and not quite sure I understood the ending.
Finished it a few days ago, I thought it was really good. I liked how overtime we developed a friendship with Darlene. The one thing I found weird though was how Darlene and Elliot interacted.

There's a pretty cool post on Reddit detailing all of the strange dates on the show here.

I don't agree with the post's conclusion at all, Angela didn't get the days mixed up, she just said Friday night instead of Saturday morning. But it's pretty interesting that the Mr Robot 'universe' is
one day off from our own.
It's been discussed before a bunch of times on Reddit, but not sure if I've seen it mentioned in here.

I greatly enjoy the show but I'm quickly starting to run out of characters to root for. Everyone is so damn despicable. I think I'm just going to go ahead and hope that e Corp CEO ends up ruler of the universe.

awp69

I greatly enjoy the show but I'm quickly starting to run out of characters to root for. Everyone is so damn despicable. I think I'm just going to go ahead and hope that e Corp CEO ends up ruler of the universe.

I think Elliot is generally well intentioned despite his Mr. Robot influenced actions.

So, do we know how Elliot wound up in prison? I had somehow managed to avoid the "prison" theory so that actually took me by surprise!

Also I don't like Angella.

Top Bottom