• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Ross61

The resolution is the last three episodes are going to be a roller coaster. So many plot threads to end, if they pull this off successfully then this whole season is justified success. Although it already is in my eyes.

im guessing the noises in the lawyer chicks house are another copy of darlene's lost vhs tape playing on loop on a tv or computer to let them know someone's got evidence on her

Kinda sounded like her taking off the mask over and over

I agree. They did mention specifically about the noise and the fatal mistake that Darlene made where she left the tape behind. Not to mention, Mr. Robot is a creature of habit. Elliot just went down for his crime and they started by showing who knocked, and I'm sure the people knocking on Darlene's door are the authorities judging by how they're setting up the pattern. Likely busting her for her involvement with fsociety's PR shenanigans (can't really mention hacking since no one is going to know the point of origin of the 5/9 hack, let alone nail Darlene with anything).

I agree. They did mention specifically about the noise and the fatal mistake that Darlene made where she left the tape behind.

Not to mention, Mr. Robot is a creature of habit. Elliot just went down for his crime, and I'm sure the people knocking on Darlene's door are the authorities. Likely busting her for her involvement with fsociety (can't really mention hacking since no one is going to know the point of origin of the 5/9 hack).

Not sure who was at the door but prob not the authorities judging off darlene being free in the next episode preview.

If I am right about what "hat guy" saw its prob not the authorities who have the evidence or they would have scooped darlene up already. Someone else would prob be sending fsociety a message

This show is so effortlessly spectacular. I love how the plot can shift focus so much and juggle so many different pieces and yet still feel very cohesive. Esmail is hurt by the week to week pacing of traditional TV but he still builds so much momentum and intrigue. Can't wait to see how this all comes together.

I really hope Grace Gummer gets some type of award recognition for her work here. I get happy every time she appears. Her screen presence is massive and she's such a great foil for how dour everyone and everything is. I'm weirdly 'rooting' for Dom.

aparisi2274

This show is so effortlessly spectacular. I love how the plot can shift focus so much and juggle so many different pieces and yet still feel very cohesive. Esmail is hurt by the week to week pacing of traditional TV but he still builds so much momentum and intrigue. Can't wait to see how this all comes together.

I really hope Grace Gummer gets some type of award recognition for her work here. I get happy every time she appears. Her screen presence is massive and she's such a great foil for how dour everyone and everything is. I'm weirdly 'rooting' for Dom.

Yeah she is great, but every time I see her on screen all I keep doing is picturing her mom, Meryl Streep.

What's that thing they keep talking about this episode? I dont remember it now, or how to spell it.
WHat is it and what does it mean?

I really have no idea whats going on anymore.

Where's DJ Mobley and Trenton? Who was breathing poorly in the mega House? How the fuck does Mrs. Asphyxiation know Elliot, and why does she call him Ollie? Why do the Chinese think Elliot is the one who came up with "stage 2", and what is it?

What the hell is going on with the E Corp Power Plant that Whiterose wants to keep it private so bad? Why is Angela freaking about pretty much everything, does she actually have any sort of plan?

Ross61

Where's DJ Mobley and Trenton? Who was breathing poorly in the mega House? How the fuck does Mrs. Asphyxiation know Elliot, and why does she call him Ollie? Why do the Chinese think Elliot is the one who came up with "stage 2", and what is it?

What the hell is going on with the E Corp Power Plant that Whiterose wants to keep it private so bad? Why is Angela freaking about pretty much everything, does she actually have any sort of plan?
She calls him Ollie because that was the name he used when they met in Season 1 at the end. And Mr Robot has been secretly working with the Dark Army the whole time and created stage 2.

Elliot introduced himself to her when he was looking for Tyrell. He called himself Ollie. She now knows he was lying.

Obviously, Elliot's split personality is lying to him and setup stage 2. So technically he did come up with stage 2.

The rest is a mystery.

Im confused about a lot of stuff too

How does E Corp CEO know Whiterose's alter ego, and why does he know so much

How and why did Elliot work with Dark Army. What exactly did they do taking down the economy, and how come the repercussions have been so slow (no chaos and anarchy yet, just the brown outs and other small things so far?)

How does Darlene's BF work with dark army? What does he do? What did they want with darlene?

Why does whiterose have a power plant or whatever? What is that project?

How and why does angela work for ecorp again? thought she wanted to take them down.

Why does tyrell's wife have some kind of thug/gang dude or whoever that driver is. Why is he so loyal and what's up with her buying out that car lot owner? What exactly has been her story?

CRS

Im confused about a lot of stuff too

How does E Corp CEO know Whiterose's alter ego, and why does he know so much

How and why did Elliot work with Dark Army. What exactly did they do taking down the economy, and how come the repercussions have been so slow (no chaos and anarchy yet, just the brown outs and other small things so far?)

How does Darlene's BF work with dark army? What does he do? What did they want with darlene?

Why does whiterose have a power plant or whatever? What is that project?

How and why does angela work for ecorp again? thought she wanted to take them down.

Why does tyrell's wife have some kind of thug/gang dude or whoever that driver is. Why is he so loyal and what's up with her buying out that car lot owner? What exactly has been her story?

We don't know the origins of the relationship between White Rose and Philip. My best guess is White Rose probably killed the old CEO of E-Corp to get Philip the current job so the Washington Township Plant continues to exist.

Elliott got in contact with the Dark Army through Darlene and her relationship with Cisco. Dark Army was responsible for taking down the back ups of E-Corps files in China where they were located. It goes to show you how big of a giant E-Corp as a conglomerate really is. Mr. Robot knew it would take more than the hack to take them down, which is why he created a Stage 2.

He just does, we don't know his origins with Dark Army. He's just a low level member by the looks of it. Not sure what he did for them before but Cisco probably became the Dark Army's liason with fsociety. I don't think Dark Army wants anything to do with Darlene.

We don't know yet but I'm sure it will involve Stage 2 with the way things are building up.

She got offered a job there through Terry Colby. Angela joined initially to try to take E-Corp down from the inside. She started in PR but eventually asked to work in Risk Management and got a position there. She's build a relationship of sorts with Philip Price. He's been sort of using her but we don't know the exact reasons why. She's the one Price and White Rose talk about in the beginning of their scene in tonight's episode.

That was Tyrell's personal guard that continued working for Joanna after he disappeared. He's loyal because she pays him is my guess. She was bribing the lot employee to lie to the FBI about seeing Tyrell. Her story has been searching for Tyrell.

------

My biggest question from tonight is why doesn't White Rose like the word 'accident'? I feel like there's more to this story.

Also, we'll probably find out about some connection with White Rose's Power Plant and the Leak that killed Elliott's father and Angela's mother.

TripOpt55

They really know how to leave me wanting more. Exciting and intriguing episode. Can't wait to see where things go next. Nice to see Elliot out and interacting with the other characters more too.

We all spotted Sam Esmail right? This might be the first episode this season that I'm really feeling that sense of withdrawal with things seemingly ramping up in the last few episodes.

Why does NBC have a time travel show now? Syfy already has one going.

Time travel shows are apparently the thing for this season, ABC, Fox along with NBC all have time travel shows and you could probably loosely count Frequency on the CW never mind Legends of Tomorrow as well..

That's interesting, going all the way to a senior home to thank his mom when it was a delusion...
I wonder where they're going with the mom now that we know what's really happened to her.
The hell is by the couch.

Oh snap the (long con?) is active.

She said "Ellie" right? Like pet name we know each other style?
As long as it isn't some necrophiliac...

It was "Olly" because that's what he told her what his name was last season.

My biggest question from tonight is why doesn't White Rose like the word 'accident'? I feel like there's more to this story.

Also, we'll probably find out about some connection with White Rose's Power Plant and the Leak that killed Elliott's father and Angela's mother.

Ego maybe? If White Rose killed or had him killed it wasn't an accident but something the credit can really be taken for.

Maximus P

Another fantastic episode.

I loved the music score in this episode, especially in the first 10 minutes while we were finding out what lead up to elliots arrest.

It looks like 2 people are at Darlenes door judging by how her eye movement moves from left to right. Maybe mobley and Trenton? Who ever it was they were knocking with urgency.

Can't wait till next week.

Another fantastic episode.

I loved the music score in this episode, especially in the first 10 minutes while we were finding out what lead up to elliots arrest.

It looks like 2 people are at Darlenes door judging by how her eye movement moves from left to right. Maybe mobley and Trenton? Who ever it was they were knocking with urgency.

Can't wait till next week.

My guess for the knocking at the door is they are Dark Army goons wearing those masks looking to grab/punish Cisco after they found out Elliot hacked the one guys phone b/c Cisco gave up the Dark Army contact.

Brilliant ep.

After the Elliot/Dark Army reveal, I wonder if Mr Robot ordered Tyrell to tie up any loose ends that could lead the FBI to them, which could explain Romero (and maybe Gideon?)'s, death and Mobley/Trenton's disappearance.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though, it would mean Elliot/Tyrell would need to somehow have the ability to know who the FBI suspects were. Unless the rest of F Society is no longer needed and he's killing them all off one by one, but that seems to make even less sense with what we know.

One thing I'm pretty sure about though, Tyrell ain't dead.

hydruxo

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I was expecting a "Bonsoir Elliot" and then realized that the previews spoiled Joanna speaking to Elliot. Maybe Tyrell really is dead.

I would be shocked (and disappointed) if Tyrell was really dead. That would be lame and I think Esmail has some brilliant reveal coming regarding him.

Brilliant ep.

After the Elliot/Dark Army reveal, I wonder if Mr Robot ordered Tyrell to tie up any loose ends that could lead the FBI to them, which could explain Romero (and maybe Gideon?)'s, death and Mobley/Trenton's disappearance.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though, it would mean Elliot/Tyrell would need to somehow have the ability to know who the FBI suspects were. Unless the rest of F Society is no longer needed and he's killing them all off one by one, but that seems to make even less sense with what we know.

One thing I'm pretty sure about though, Tyrell ain't dead.

That'd make Mr. Robot pretty fucking ruthless considering he already went to such extremes to make sure no one can lead the FBI to anyone in the group (until Darlene fucked it up). With how much Mr. Robot is about "MUH REVOLUTION", I wonder if Mr. Robot is trying to create even more chaos in the financial world without realizing that he has a lot of hurdles to face (Whiterose manipulating ECorp into getting what she wants, which involves ECorp staying alive for as long as possible). Not to mention, what's in it for Tyrell? More murder and shenanigans are only going to make it worse for him as he seems delusional about what Elliot can do for him.

CRS

So can most of us agree that Mr Robot is trying to take over Elliot?
Yeah, it's becoming obvious that Mr Robot doesn't want Elliot to get closer to the truth about Phase 2. Bullshitting about getting 'overheated', trying to get Elliott to stop.

El Topo

Not to mention, what's in it for Tyrell?

Well, E-Corp might need a new CEO at some point. Seems more reasonable that he was promised power than to assume the was persuaded by Mr. Robot to join the revolution.
Random question: Who sent Elliot the video at the end of S1?

Tyrell is Stage 2. Dun dun duunnnnnnn.

Sure, but will he be used as a pawn/scapegoat, or will he have actual use?

Well, E-Corp might need a new CEO at some point. Seems more reasonable that he was promised power than to assume the was persuaded by Mr. Robot to join the revolution.
Random question: Who sent Elliot the video at the end of S1?

Why would ECorp go to Tyrell? He's already suspected of first degree murder and is currently a suspect in the 5/9 attack. Unless he finds a way to not only clear his name, but also create enough leverage to where he could be an executive again, I don't think ECorp would go to him. I think he feels slighted by ECorp after losing out on the CTO position to Knowles, so he's pretty much another character that's motivated to take them down.

El Topo

Why would ECorp go to Tyrell? He's already suspected of first degree murder and is currently a suspect in the 5/9 attack. Unless he finds a way to not only clear his name, but also create enough leverage to where he could be an executive again, I don't think ECorp would go to him. I think he feels slighted by ECorp after losing out on the CTO position to Knowles, so he's pretty much another character that's motivated to take them down.

At the end of the day Tyrell is a megalomaniac psychopath. Given his relation with Joanna and his history with E Corp, nothing would be sweeter for him than to return triumphant and raise to the top. I just don't buy that he would "join the revolution" without some way to clear his name or gain power. Clearing his name is not all that problematic in principle, it's more about whether it is possible without sacrificing those involved or another scapegoat, i.e. whether it can be done within the constraints of the show. Heck, assuming you have a scapegoat, one could easily turn his story heroic: The only guy that tried to stop the hack. Leverage is not exactly a problem either, given the influence Whiterose seems to have (and especially in case of a Chinese bailout), assuming Wellick was handed over to the dark army.

At the end of the day Tyrell is a megalomaniac psychopath. Given his relation with Joanna and his history with E Corp, nothing would be sweeter for him than to return triumphant and raise to the top. I just don't buy that he would "join the revolution" without some way to clear his name or gain power. Clearing his name is not all that problematic in principle, it's more about whether it is possible without sacrificing those involved or another scapegoat, i.e. whether it can be done within the constraints of the show. Heck, assuming you have a scapegoat, one could easily turn his story heroic: The only guy that tried to stop the hack. Leverage is not exactly a problem either, given the influence Whiterose seems to have (and especially in case of a Chinese bailout), assuming Wellick was handed over to the dark army.

Tyrell being a megalomaniac psychopath is exactly why returning to ECorp doesn't seem to be in the cards, he has too much pride to return to a place that he feels he gave his all to and got nothing in return (aka entitlement). He doesn't really care about the revolution (after all he is a businessman) as much as he cares about how bringing a conglomerate like ECorp, gives him this sense of power. It's almost like he thinks he's better than them now that he saw Elliot brought ECorp down to its knees. So now that he's attracted to this kind of power, it makes sense that he'd join Elliot even if it's for completely different reasons than why Elliot and fsociety did what they did. As for clearing his name, he's going to need a lot of evidence to prove he wasn't involved. Also, going with stopping the hack story means he has to out another person in order for his story to make sense.

TheRed

I was hoping it was Tyrell in the car window. I hope he was the one knocking on the door! For some reason I was really entertained by that guys speaking style. I miss it.

Yeah, I'm thoroughly befuddled as to what's going on anymore. I need to know what the relationship is between White Rose and Phil and what the power plant shit is all about.

And that goddamn "who's at the door??" cliffhanger again!

Grinchy

Banned
Telling the viewer absolutely nothing is such great writing!

I hope next week we get the president of the US saying, "That rocket ship heading to Xanthar XIII will not be railroaded by you, Whiterose!" And then a couple seasons later, they'll explain it but they'll be talking about what's going on in alternate universes by then.

Telling the viewer absolutely nothing is such great writing!

I hope next week we get the president of the US saying, "That rocket ship heading to Xanthar XIII will not be railroaded by you, Whiterose!" And then a couple seasons later, they'll explain it but they'll be talking about what's going on in alternate universes by then.

Is this sarcasm? Lol.

Top Bottom