• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

neshcom

Banned
To answer the bolded, I think the point the writers were trying to make is how despite fsociety's noble interests, it wouldn't have stopped big business from trying to profit off of a shitty situation. Like Price said, 5/9 just accelerated the move to cryptocurrency. Additionally, it also goes to show how naive fsociety were in assuming that this encrypting ECorp's data and deleting the key was going to kill the conglomerate.

That makes sense. I'm just trying to fill in the missing piece of the Price-Whiterose partnership...

Finally caught last night's episode, and am pretty sure it's my favorite episode of the season. I'm astonished how divisive this season is.

Cake Boss

Banned
holy shit that episode almost killed me. It was complete pretentious shit, for a season full of nothingness and complete filler episodes. Holy fuck this show has gone down hill.

This was clearly not meant to be a standalone episode. They should've just aired part 1 and part 2 together.

AGreed, the last 10 minutes was made more frustrating when they could've immediately segue into python pt. 2 and continue with the momentum of
Tyrell's reveal

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Well, that was something. I'm going to try not to judge the episode too hard because it seems it was supposed to go back to back with the finale.
I would like to say this: the "dreamy" theme this season isn't new and the only other time Tyrell appeared this season it was implied that was a dream (Elliot falling asleep at the end of ep2 and then picking up the phone to hear Tyrell's voice at the beginning of the next one).
I still think Tyrell is dead and now I have to assume he is in Elliot's head somehow.
I don't know what's worse right now, I'd rather Tyrell to be alive if we get a good explanation but I don't think that will happen so I rather he be dead and go along with Elliot's craziness to wherever that may lead.
All in all I'm really looking forward to next week's episode because I'm sure is going to be insane one way or the other.

Cth

2. What was the stuff with the key about?
This is reaching, but metaphorically..

Angela is the key. She controls access to the door that hides the truth. But if she blabs the door is wide open.

Whiterose wants her to realize that she needs to metaphorically throw away the key, forget the truth and think of the bigger picture. Her saying the key was with her all along is her accepting she is the one who can set her free. Whiterose said as much that she could have left anytime if she had half a brain.

When she said the key was in her fist, it said to me that she accepted she had the power to affect things and decided to keep it hidden.

Dr.Acula

Banned
It's possible Tyrell is someone else and Elliot sees Tyrell in his place, like how he interpreted a prison guard as his mother earlier.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
good to know, but that episode since its the final one, should be paced way better this this episode, so I have hope then. All they have to do now to lose me is say elliot is a machine and the show is a simulation.

I'm torn on this. A part of me wants this show to go full on Metal Gear Solid 2 with its mindfuckery because they keep poking and hinting at theories like this yet don't fully commit. However another part of me prefers the tone it currently has with the thread of the show following the Dark Army/E-corp and how they are pretty much moving around chess pieces on a board.

Also, Elliot's story thread seems to be pointing in an entirely different direction than every other character on the show except for two people, which is odd considering I thought his interactions with certain people would change a bit after he left jail. If it weren't for him interacting with a few characters you'd swear he was in a different city or even different tv show based on his journey in season 2.

Dysun

Not what I was expecting after last week. Then again, I rarely get that from this show which is why I love it.

Definitely feels like half of a two parter though

Omzz

esmail feelin himself way too much after the first season. lol wtf was that angela scene

even though I've liked it, felt like the story hasn't progressed much and we are just now going to see something happen in the finale.

oti

Banned
esmail feelin himself way too much after the first season. lol wtf was that angela scene

even though I've liked it, felt like the story hasn't progressed much and we are just now going to see something happen in the finale.

This whole test thing was very odd but the talk between Angela and CHINESE HAXXOR CRIME GODDESS was pretty interesting, albeit very one-sided. Angela is like: "woaaarghaaa aaahraaawaaa?!?!???" all the time.

This whole test thing was very odd but the talk between Angela and CHINESE HAXXOR CRIME GODDESS was pretty interesting, albeit very one-sided. Angela is like: "woaaarghaaa aaahraaawaaa?!?!???" all the time.

I feel like once you've seen one scene like that, you've pretty much seen them all.

ctothej

holy shit that episode almost killed me. It was complete pretentious shit, for a season full of nothingness and complete filler episodes. Holy fuck this show has gone down hill.

I've been a pretty staunch defender of this season, but I absolutely loathed this episode. Everything about it played to Esmail's worst instincts as a writer. I still love the series, but I really hope there's a big payoff next episode.

thsantos

Pretentious this, pretentious that... Everything have to be streamlined for you? For fuck sake, you're watching Mr Robot. Most used word to define what you don't like or understand on the internet, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, I liked the episode, despite of the pacing. Much better than the early season ones, because it sets paths for interesting theories.

omg_mjd

That was a brutally boring episode. I thought that after we got this seaon's first good episode (Trenton and Mobley getting disappeared) we had cleared the storm but NOPE.

The Lynchian scene was cool...but no thanks to Angela who feels so much like a contrived fictional character with no discernable personality or purpose other than to drive the plot. Is it her backstory that she's heavily on meds or something? Her last relatable moment was when she was doing self-affirmations. I remember liking her more in season 1.

I was pretty well on board with this season up until a few episodes ago. The past couple weeks have been so dull and underwhelming with a bunch of redundant character moments. Even Tyrell's reintroduction was bland with no real tension. It made me not even care if he is real or not. There's not enough time to redeem this season but I hope the last episode at least has some actual shit happening.

I LOVE this show but,

Last week ended with a cliffhanger that wasn't addressed in this episode.

This was the second Amazon Alexa "integrated" commercial this season, and it was unbearable. It completly undercuts the show's anti-consumerism theme, which is a shame because this show's biggest strength is it's self awareness.

Magwik

Banned
I LOVE this show but,

Last week ended with a cliffhanger that wasn't addressed in this episode.

This was the second Amazon Alexa "integrated" commercial this season, and it was unbearable. It completly undercuts the show's anti-consumerism theme, which is a shame because this show's biggest strength is it's self awareness.
It adds more depth to Dom's character. Makes her a more sympathetic person (even though she already was), and going by how the scene between Angela and Whiterose was portrayed, it could actually end up being more important.

bogg

While I did not like this episode as much as other episodes from this season(love s2 so far), it did clear up some things for me which I probably should of realized earlier.
Mainly Angela's role this season, why E-corp hired her and Price let her get to a position where she can get the evidence needed to shut the plant down. She pretty much did everything he wanted her to do, he want to shut down the plant but can't do so himself because he needs white-rose, so he used Angela. This will also, I hope, lead to Angela's character evolving again, much like she did from s1 to s2.
Also liked the scene in Dom's apartment, emotionally she is like s1 Elliot, sad, lonely, talks to an imaginary friend (in her case it's the voice command thingy) who she questions if she's her friend.
Interesting stuff as always, and I'm looking forward to see how this season wraps up.

It adds more depth to Dom's character. Makes her a more sympathetic person (even though she already was), and going by how the scene between Angela and Whiterose was portrayed, it could actually end up being more important.

I personally think the scene would work better if they used a E-Corp branded facsimile of Amazon's Alexa instead of the real thing. The scene as is makes me feel like I'm watching an ad.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I think a lot of you wanted the show to be just - Elliot just hacks shit - the show.

ive loved this season overall but like 20 minutes of the last show was basically

T02NPEj.png

Now it might be that cutting the finale into two parts fucked up the pacing but thats not on the audience.

Monocle

ive loved this season overall but like 20 minutes of the last show was basically

T02NPEj.png

Now it might be that cutting the finale into two parts fucked up the pacing but thats not on the audience.
So what, that shit is awesome, given appropriate buildup. Which it had.

Top Bottom